hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs won’t keep unhappy players look how that has worked out for Celtic this year. If they want to go they will both go it will be all about trying to get the best deals.

Personally if we get third and the transfer window allows it I would ask them to stay for the European qualifying round then let them leave with our blessing.
    Who at Celtc wanted to go and wasn’t allowed?

Edouard? Top scorer in the league.
    Ajer? One of their best players this season.

I don’t think keeping players who wanted to leave has been Celtcs problem this season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Plenty games left for both to be involved in. I’m glad we’ve stuck with a winning team.

First Team Breakthrough
    Who would run a football club.One minute you are applauded for turning down what could be considered fairly derisory offers from two poor English championship teams for two of our best young talents. Fast forward a couple of weeks and some fans are thinking we should have taken what was on the table.Look time will tell but I think both Nisbet and Porteous will get back into the team and there value will grow Nisbet in particular should thank his lucky stars that we didn't sell him to Birmingham as they are a club in freefall.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Hibs 68 View Post
    Who would run a football club.One minute you are applauded for turning down what could be considered fairly derisory offers from two poor English championship teams for two of our best young talents. Fast forward a couple of weeks and some fans are thinking we should have taken what was on the table.Look time will tell but I think both Nisbet and Porteous will get back into the team and there value will grow Nisbet in particular should thank his lucky stars that we didn't sell him to Birmingham as they are a club in freefall.
    #
    Too many on here spend all their time moaning about what the club does.

Porteous is going nowhere in the summer.
    He simply isn't ready yet. Improving but more to learn.
    When he is ready we will be wanting a lot more than £1 million for him.
    and
    we need him for next season. Daz will be 36 in the summer so this season might be his last harrah.

Nisbet - re the £3 million fee offered, it would have been addontastic and we would have been lucky to have received £2 million in installments for him with the other £1 million dying when the duffers of Birmingham fail to get promoted etc.
    We might sell him in the summer or we might keep him for the European campaign and sell him in January if the money is right.

Route back into the team?
    Perhaps Porteous in for McGinn who deserves a rest
    Getting Nisbet in is more difficult given the Doidge/Boyle combo is working so well
    Would Nisbet for Murphy work or are we better sticking with the uniqueness of Murphy?

The luxury of choice is a good problem and not one a Hibs manager usually faces.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 24-02-2021 at 10:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    We might see a feel good factor in the summer if the end of this pandemic is actually in sight. Clubs might go on a spending spree to celebrate.

Let’s slap a price tag of £20m on each and see if anyone bites.

Does the ‘m’ stand for monopoly?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Does the ‘m’ stand for monopoly?

We’ve just got to move the dial.

No one wants to miss the next SJM.

@hibs.net private member
    They’ll play their part in the run in. Players get injured, suspended and lose form. Football is a squad game now. But it shows all the players no one is bigger than the club. Rocky and Irvine have been told the same. There’s a contract do you want it or not because we are moving forward.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    They’ll play their part in the run in. Players get injured, suspended and lose form. Football is a squad game now. But it shows all the players no one is bigger than the club. Rocky and Irvine have been told the same. There’s a contract do you want it or not because we are moving forward.
    There’s a recent video of Marciano with his wife and wee boy on the Recast app ( probably on Hibs TV as well ) which, as we are all aware of, suggests he is perfectly happy here, so I assume it might be 50-50 in his case. Fingers crossed. Personally, I don’t think there’s much chance of Irvine re-signing. I hope they don’t do a Fyvie and try to leave it till the last minute. The club’s future is bigger than both of them.

Hearts will be more interested in Josh Doig being in the shop window and Hibs selling him for £mm so they can get their £25k development fee 😂

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    There’s a recent video of Marciano with his wife and wee boy on the Recast app ( probably on Hibs TV as well ) which, as we are all aware of, suggests he is perfectly happy here, so I assume it might be 50-50 in his case. Fingers crossed. Personally, I don’t think there’s much chance of Irvine re-signing. I hope they don’t do a Fyvie and try to leave it till the last minute. The club’s future is bigger than both of them.
    Fyvie wasn't left until the last minute, his offer was on the table for ages but kept putting off signing it, he was given a deadline to sign it. He didn't and the offer was withdrawn. He eventually came back prepared to sign it but was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Fyvie wasn't left until the last minute, his offer was on the table for ages but kept putting off signing it, he was given a deadline to sign it. He didn't and the offer was withdrawn. He eventually came back prepared to sign it but was too late.
    Wonder how much he regretted that.

There aren’t that many players who leave Hibs and go to a better club. For all the talk of there being more money elsewhere, it must be a pretty small percentage who leave and go on to make more or play at a better level.

The Europa League would be an unbelievable shop window for them

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

There aren’t that many players who leave Hibs and go to a better club. For all the talk of there being more money elsewhere, it must be a pretty small percentage who leave and go on to make more or play at a better level.
    Biggest mistake of his career. Only 27 still.

Indeed, I think he would admit that himself.

With the Hibs offer on the table he was trying to get a better deal. He gambled thinking he had the Hibs contract to fall back on, he lost.

Has never been the same player since.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    You’ve misunderstood my point. I didn’t mean that the club might leave it till the last minute. I said that I hoped Marciano and Irvine don’t leave it till the last minute and end up like Fyvie.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Indeed Lucky. We are moving in the right direction and slowly but surely we have out and are continuing to put a good quality squad together. Europe (and group stages) would allow us to move even further in the right direction.

Whilst I’m not getting too carried away I’m sure JR and co will have it drummed into the players what they can actually achieve this season if they stay focussed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ve misunderstood my point. I didn’t mean that the club might leave it till the last minute. I said that I hoped Marciano and Irvine don’t leave it till the last minute and end up like Fyvie.
    Apologies, I did indeed misunderstand your point.

Nisbet really needs tae be playing if he wants tae get anywhere near the Scotland squad in the summer.

@hibs.net private member

Nisbet and Porteous, shop window?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Nisbet really needs tae be playing if he wants tae get anywhere near the Scotland squad in the summer.
    Yep. He might have thought about that when he tried to push through his move .....the teams winning so he can’t have any complaints at the moment, particularly as he was struggling to find form before the transfer stuff ...
    Last edited by bigwheel; 27-02-2021 at 01:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Yep. He might have thought about that when he tried to push through his move .....the teams winning so he can’t have any complaints at the moment, particularly as he was struggling to find firm before the transfer stuff ...
    Expect him to be back and firing when he gets his chance. Hopefully learned a small lesson in diplomacy this time around. The higher he goes up the tree, and I’m sure he will, the less he’ll find he and his agent can influence movement. He’s a great prospect and Hibs will be good for him in realising that potential I’m sure

When he gets back playing the spotlight will be well and truly on him, which means he will have to try harder and maybe more clubs will take notice..

A lot of challenging things have happened in the young guys life in the last 9 months.
    This wee spell on the sidelines will have taken the heat out that had built up and when he comes back he will be well mentally rested and ready to go for it again.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Porteous is going nowhere in the summer.
    He simply isn't ready yet. Improving but more to learn.
    When he is ready we will be wanting a lot more than £1 million for him.
    and
    we need him for next season. Daz will be 36 in the summer so this season might be his last harrah.

Nisbet - re the £3 million fee offered, it would have been addontastic and we would have been lucky to have received £2 million in installments for him with the other £1 million dying when the duffers of Birmingham fail to get promoted etc.
    We might sell him in the summer or we might keep him for the European campaign and sell him in January if the money is right.

Route back into the team?
    Perhaps Porteous in for McGinn who deserves a rest
    Getting Nisbet in is more difficult given the Doidge/Boyle combo is working so well
    Would Nisbet for Murphy work or are we better sticking with the uniqueness of Murphy?

The luxury of choice is a good problem and not one a Hibs manager usually faces.
    I’m not saying he will leave in the summer, but how can a player possibly not “be ready” to be bought and move on. Young players with potential get snapped-up for decent money all the time. And he’s no longer just a youngster with potential anyway.

There’s an argument for persuading him that Easter Road is the best place for him to develop just now.. but ruling out a move because he’s “simply not ready” just doesn’t make any sense to me.

On the overall topic thread... the two of them haven’t been starting because we’ve been winning. Simple as that for me.

We might see them both start the next game with the way today has gone. I think Nisbet at least will be back in.

Left by mutual consent!
    Porteous was excellent when he came on today.

Nisbet on other hand looks like his confidence is shot to pieces

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post

Fair summary that for me ...Porto will start next week . Nisbet might , but only due to Doidge performance level, not due to his ...

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post

Is it confidence where Nisbet is concerned? Or is it attitude because he didn’t get his move (that he asked for)?

He’s not started a game for over a month so he might just be lacking sharpness, but he did nothing when he came on today.

Is it confidence where Nisbet is concerned? Or is it attitude because he didn’t get his move (that he asked for)?

He’s not started a game for over a month so he might just be lacking sharpness, but he did nothing when he came on today.
    At risk of causing a riot, I’m not convinced yet that he’s all that good.

Strong start certainly, scored a few goals, but our team looked better once he wasn’t in it and it might be that having played against him a couple of times now defenders have sussed out how to play against him.

He’s still got time to improve his game etc but for me he’s got a long way to go before he can be considered too good for us and worthy of a multi million pound move.

May yet be a very good player, has certainly shown promise but has a lot yet to prove.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Strong start certainly, scored a few goals, but our team looked better once he wasn’t in it and it might be that having played against him a couple of times now defenders have sussed out how to play against him.

He’s still got time to improve his game etc but for me he’s got a long way to go before he can be considered too good for us and worthy of a multi million pound move.

May yet be a very good player, has certainly shown promise but has a lot yet to prove.
    I certainly think he has dipped a lot since his strong start..long before the transfer mess..

That said, his movement and finishing were excellent early on, so he’s obviously got a bundle of talent ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

He’s obviously already worthy of a multi million pound move considering a team literally bid multi millions for him. He’s an outstanding talent who has scored goals at every level. Still our best centre forward and should be in the side every week.