hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hamilton Appeal

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You cant dish out red cards based on what if's.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I think that you should in occasions like this. If the player is red carded they don't do it again. If they are not red carded the next one might make contact and we lose Boyle for an important games/run of games.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    I dont a agree with giving a red for a what if. Theres so many challenges made when if they hadn't got the ball they could have hurt the opponent, we cant just dish out red cards for those.

As for people saying if you try to punch someone and miss is it a red? That's nonsense. You cant punch people full stop but you are allowed to make tackles so those are completely different.
    If you attempt to punch someone it’s a red. You definitely can punch someone whether it connects is a different matter. So not sure why you are saying you can’t punch someone ?

Saying there are plenty tackles that could hurt someone if done wrong doesn’t stand up.

The intent was there from Hamilton to go through Boyle and make sure he knew about it.

I’ve just watched it again several times. He runs about 15m and uses his right left with studs flat towards dugout. He knew if he wasn’t winning ball he was stopping Boyle / hurting Boyle. Even his left leg wouldn’t make it look as bad.

The studs up is bad enough but knee high is reckless. Again if it was on the ground wouldn’t be a talking point.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 25-02-2021 at 08:13 AM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    If you attempt to punch someone it’s a red. You definitely can punch someone whether it connects is a different matter. So not sure why you are saying you can’t punch someone ?

Saying there are plenty tackles that could hurt someone if done wrong doesn’t stand up.

The intent was there from Hamilton to go through Boyle and make sure he knew about it.

I’ve just watched it again several times. He runs about 15m and uses his right left with studs flat towards dugout. He knew if he wasn’t winning ball he was stopping Boyle / hurting Boyle. Even his left leg wouldn’t make it look as bad.

The studs up is bad enough but knee high is reckless. Again if it was on the ground wouldn’t be a talking point.
    So from a video you can tell his intent, what he planned to do and what might have happened? He got the ball, anything else is pure conjecture and really pretty pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

What I meant was you cant punch people in football full stop. So any sort of punch or attempted punch is an automatic red. Whereas you are allowed to tackle players so just because he could have injured someone it it shouldn't mean it is automatically a red card.

What I meant was you cant punch people in football full stop. So any sort of punch or attempted punch is an automatic red. Whereas you are allowed to tackle players so just because he could have injured someone it it shouldn't mean it is automatically a red card.
    You're allowed to stand your ground and hand-off an opponent, no need for punching.

You're also allowed to tackle with your feet, no need for the studs to be up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    You're allowed to stand your ground and hand-off an opponent, no need for punching.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

I think you are missing the point. You cant punch anyone in football full stop so it's not a valid comparison. If a player uses their arms to gain momentum when challenging for a header but doesnt catch the opponent with their elbow is it a foul? They could have caught them with their elbow but they didnt.

A yellow would have sufficed imo for a careless late challenge. I dont think there was anything more in it

I think you are missing the point. You cant punch anyone in football full stop so it's not a valid comparison. If a player uses their arms to gain momentum when challenging for a header but doesnt catch the opponent with their elbow is it a foul? They could have caught them with their elbow but they didnt.

A yellow would have sufficed imo for a careless late challenge. I dont think there was anything more in it
    My was a punch (hit or miss) is an illegal way to use you hands. A studs up challenge (hit or miss) is the same.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk