hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

"Recast" - new Hibs media platform

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...ecast-platform

HIBERNIAN FC GOES DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER ON GROUND-BREAKING SPORTS VIDEO PLATFORM RECAST

Supporters of Hibernian Football Club can now inject cash straight into the club simply by watching exclusive goal clips, highlights and interviews featuring their favourite team thanks to a pioneering partnership with ground-breaking sports video platform Recast.

The SPFL club is the first in Scotland to join Recast, a video platform which connects fans directly to content featuring their favourite sports via a subscription-free app.

Complementing Hibernian FC’s existing arrangements, Recast offers the club ​an additional platform for its fans to get affordable, flexible access to high-quality content directly from the club, which Recast’s unique micropayment system will turn into revenue simply through fans’ viewership.

Fans will be able to earn in-app credits by simply signing up, watching adverts, sharing content and inviting friends which will allow fans to watch their favourite content for free.

With all revenue generated being reinvested back into the club, the move is one of many ways the Easter Road Club is seeking to maximise its earning potential, without further financially impacting fans. It is set to pave the way for clubs across Scotland and beyond to follow suit and more effectively monetise their exclusive content.

Recast Founder and CEO Andy Meikle said: “We are thrilled to welcome Hibernian FC to Recast and work closely with them in this landmark partnership, which will deliver greater value to both the fans and the club.

It’s no secret that how fans watch sport is changing and a model that works for both fans and rights’ holders is needed to reflect this. Hibernian are leading the charge on addressing these changes, by going direct-to-consumer with a range of unique and exclusive content on Recast where fans get rewarded for their attention and the club can maximise revenue potential.

We are working in partnership with world-class clubs, sporting bodies and rights holders around the globe who are addressing shifting consumption and payment patterns, and with Hibernian being one of the biggest clubs in Scottish football, we are delighted to welcome them to our roster of rights’ holder partners.”

Greg McEwan, Head of Marketing & Brand Partnerships at Hibernian FC said: “We are delighted to be the first Scottish football club to partner with Recast. This will allow fans to get direct, affordable and flexible access to content like never before, which will complement existing channels, including Hibs TV.

This pioneering new concept will not only allow us to ensure we are exploring new revenue streams but as Recast is a platform that gives value back to the fans, we believe this opens the doors to a new way of thinking for sports fans and clubs alike.

We’re very much looking forward to seeing our relationship with Recast grow and evolve over the coming months and years."

Brand new and continuously refreshed content featuring Hibernian FC will be available immediately to UK users on Recast, with plans in place to eventually extend outside the UK. The Recast content will compliment Hibernian FC’s existing Over-The-Top (OTT) platform, Hibs TV, and its social channels.

Recast enters the market at a time where there is a recognised need for change to the current sports viewing model after years of fans increasingly turning to online feeds and illegal streams, or watching short clips and highlights rather than the full event, all of which has been accelerated due to Covid-19. Fans are looking for affordable access to sport and rights’ holders are looking to explore new ways to maintain a sustainable commercial ecosystem. Recast rewards fans for their engagement on the platform, which in turn generates value for the content publisher, meaning fans can now watch content knowing the value generated is going directly to the club they support.

Recast connects rights’ holders directly to fans, allowing an exchange of value through in-app credits called ‘Casts’.

The direct-to-customer platform operates as a three-sided marketplace that brings fans, advertising brands and rights’ holders together in one place. Recast’s unique proposition means the business does not purchase any sports rights, following the success of other exchange models such as Airbnb and Uber in not owning supply but generating value through connection.

Recast is already working with several high-profile rights’ holders and bodies using its ground-breaking technology to help maximise their earning potential from highlights, in-play clips and live events ahead of its full UK launch this year.

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends how much it costs

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'll be interested to see how it works and what the content is like.

If its offering is good, I can put up with some advertising for free access. If it's not, I'll avoid it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Depends how much it costs
    It says cost free.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

The only content I want is available already. Match replays/highlights and manager/player interviews. What else is there?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    The only content I want is available already. Match replays/highlights and manager/player interviews. What else is there?
    All for us making money of course but difficult to see how this ‘compliments’ Hibs TV.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    From that blurb I've no real idea how this works or what's involved

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    All for us making money of course but difficult to see how this ‘compliments’ Hibs TV.
    Kind of what I was thinking

When Andrew Sleight was at Hibs TV we'd often get pretty good interviews outwith the usuual pre/post match stuff.

Tom Zanelli (the man on Hibs Telly) was responsible for some brilliant content - Fontaine of Knowledge, etc. and despite a couple of decent efforts recently things have been realtively flat since he left.

My worry is that too much decent content on Hibs TV will be detrimental to the Recast partnership, especially with there being only a limited amount of footage and media duty time available.

In addition, Recast isn't available (yet) outwith the UK, so those of us abroad risk having even less to watch than normal during the close season.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Kind of what I was thinking
    It will be used to say nice things about Hibs TV.

It might replace hibs tv

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    It might replace hibs tv
    I doubt it, unless they also set up a subscription service.

If it’s going to inject cash into the club then it can only be a good thing?

I was saying on the thread moaning about "personality and presentation" that I've really enjoyed the match coverage, the guests they've had on and that I'd miss it when it finished up.

Maybe this will be a way to get a bit more of that sort of stuff over? Features with ex-players etc? Obviously there will be a finite amount of stuff that would be of interest but it would be good for a while at least.

They should stick a tenner on season tickets and give it away "free" with each one...

I'm really not against Hibs putting decent effort into stuff like this at all. If it doesn't work, bin it. If it does, great.

We were very safe under Farmer and Petrie with avoiding losses seeming to be the name of the game. I'd be delighted if Ron Gordon was to underwrite the odd venture that might prove to be successful.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Two out of every three pieces of content is Recast telling Hibs TV it likes what Hibs TV has done with its hair and telling Hibs TV you can ten it’s lost weight.

Edit: should have refreshed the page before replying, shiny fish beat me to it.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    It will be used to say nice things about Hibs TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Two out of every three pieces of content is Recast telling Hibs TV it likes what Hibs TV has done with its hair and telling Hibs TV you can ten it’s lost weight.
    Would you say these two valiant attempts at humour complement each other?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Think my edit was in before your reply m’lud.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    If it’s going to inject cash into the club then it can only be a good thing?
    Only if the cash from Recast covers the potential loss of Hibs TV subscriptions & advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I was saying on the thread moaning about "personality and presentation" that I've really enjoyed the match coverage, the guests they've had on and that I'd miss it when it finished up.

Maybe this will be a way to get a bit more of that sort of stuff over? Features with ex-players etc? Obviously there will be a finite amount of stuff that would be of interest but it would be good for a while at least.

They should stick a tenner on season tickets and give it away "free" with each one...

I'm really not against Hibs putting decent effort into stuff like this at all. If it doesn't work, bin it. If it does, great.

We were very safe under Farmer and Petrie with avoiding losses seeming to be the name of the game. I'd be delighted if Ron Gordon was to underwrite the odd venture that might prove to be successful.
    Hibs won't be putting any effort in. Recast will produce their output.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Every time I look at this thread and when it was announced onTwitter I’ve wondered why we’re teaming up with an app called ‘Racist’.

I should probably start wearing my glasses more.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I’d imagine the target demographic for Recast differs from that of Hibs TV. I personally don’t know anyone under the age of 40 who subscribes to Hibs TV. Younger consumers often don’t have the disposable income to commit to expensive yearly subscriptions and they are used to models where content is delivered free to the consumer and funded via advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Every time I look at this thread and when it was announced onTwitter I’ve wondered why we’re teaming up with an app called ‘Racist’.

I should probably start wearing my glasses more.

You're not the only one.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    You're not the only one.
    Don't think it's a good idea to share Bingo's glasses, to be honest.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibdan12 PSN ID: n/a Wii Code: n/a
    Personally think its a great idea. Great idea for a company, will give not only hibs content but hopefully a lot more

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    HIBERNIAN FC GOES DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER ON GROUND-BREAKING SPORTS VIDEO PLATFORM RECAST

Complementing Hibernian FC’s existing arrangements, Recast offers the club ​an additional platform for its fans to get affordable, flexible access to high-quality content directly from the club, which Recast’s unique micropayment system will turn into revenue simply through fans’ viewership.

The Recast content will compliment Hibernian FC’s existing Over-The-Top (OTT) platform, Hibs TV, and its social channels.’

The existing OTT platform has clearly gone OVER-My-Head unless it’s another name for hibs pass ??

I hate people that fish for compliments.

Doesn't seem to be any info on how it's accessed ?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    It's an app, old timer.

(Showing off that I can spell app, even if I don't get the technology)

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    https://recast.app/

Just sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's an app, old timer.

(Showing off that I can spell app, even if I don't get the technology)
    One of these downloading thingies? How wonderful.