hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 61
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,562

    "Recast" - new Hibs media platform

    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...ecast-platform

    HIBERNIAN FC GOES DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER ON GROUND-BREAKING SPORTS VIDEO PLATFORM RECAST


    Supporters of Hibernian Football Club can now inject cash straight into the club simply by watching exclusive goal clips, highlights and interviews featuring their favourite team thanks to a pioneering partnership with ground-breaking sports video platform Recast.


    The SPFL club is the first in Scotland to join Recast, a video platform which connects fans directly to content featuring their favourite sports via a subscription-free app.


    Complementing Hibernian FC’s existing arrangements, Recast offers the club ​an additional platform for its fans to get affordable, flexible access to high-quality content directly from the club, which Recast’s unique micropayment system will turn into revenue simply through fans’ viewership.


    Fans will be able to earn in-app credits by simply signing up, watching adverts, sharing content and inviting friends which will allow fans to watch their favourite content for free.


    With all revenue generated being reinvested back into the club, the move is one of many ways the Easter Road Club is seeking to maximise its earning potential, without further financially impacting fans. It is set to pave the way for clubs across Scotland and beyond to follow suit and more effectively monetise their exclusive content.




    Recast Founder and CEO Andy Meikle said: “We are thrilled to welcome Hibernian FC to Recast and work closely with them in this landmark partnership, which will deliver greater value to both the fans and the club.


    It’s no secret that how fans watch sport is changing and a model that works for both fans and rights’ holders is needed to reflect this. Hibernian are leading the charge on addressing these changes, by going direct-to-consumer with a range of unique and exclusive content on Recast where fans get rewarded for their attention and the club can maximise revenue potential.


    We are working in partnership with world-class clubs, sporting bodies and rights holders around the globe who are addressing shifting consumption and payment patterns, and with Hibernian being one of the biggest clubs in Scottish football, we are delighted to welcome them to our roster of rights’ holder partners.”


    Greg McEwan, Head of Marketing & Brand Partnerships at Hibernian FC said: “We are delighted to be the first Scottish football club to partner with Recast. This will allow fans to get direct, affordable and flexible access to content like never before, which will complement existing channels, including Hibs TV.


    This pioneering new concept will not only allow us to ensure we are exploring new revenue streams but as Recast is a platform that gives value back to the fans, we believe this opens the doors to a new way of thinking for sports fans and clubs alike.


    We’re very much looking forward to seeing our relationship with Recast grow and evolve over the coming months and years."




    Brand new and continuously refreshed content featuring Hibernian FC will be available immediately to UK users on Recast, with plans in place to eventually extend outside the UK. The Recast content will compliment Hibernian FC’s existing Over-The-Top (OTT) platform, Hibs TV, and its social channels.


    Recast enters the market at a time where there is a recognised need for change to the current sports viewing model after years of fans increasingly turning to online feeds and illegal streams, or watching short clips and highlights rather than the full event, all of which has been accelerated due to Covid-19. Fans are looking for affordable access to sport and rights’ holders are looking to explore new ways to maintain a sustainable commercial ecosystem. Recast rewards fans for their engagement on the platform, which in turn generates value for the content publisher, meaning fans can now watch content knowing the value generated is going directly to the club they support.


    Recast connects rights’ holders directly to fans, allowing an exchange of value through in-app credits called ‘Casts’.


    The direct-to-customer platform operates as a three-sided marketplace that brings fans, advertising brands and rights’ holders together in one place. Recast’s unique proposition means the business does not purchase any sports rights, following the success of other exchange models such as Airbnb and Uber in not owning supply but generating value through connection.


    Recast is already working with several high-profile rights’ holders and bodies using its ground-breaking technology to help maximise their earning potential from highlights, in-play clips and live events ahead of its full UK launch this year.

    Thoughts?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    35,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends how much it costs

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    43,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll be interested to see how it works and what the content is like.

    If its offering is good, I can put up with some advertising for free access. If it's not, I'll avoid it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    43,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends how much it costs
    It says cost free.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  6. #5
    First Team Breakthrough King Arthur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Age
    51
    Posts
    319
    The only content I want is available already. Match replays/highlights and manager/player interviews. What else is there?

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    46
    Posts
    26,036
    Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only content I want is available already. Match replays/highlights and manager/player interviews. What else is there?
    All for us making money of course but difficult to see how this ‘compliments’ Hibs TV.

  8. #7
    First Team Regular G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    G15
    Age
    43
    Posts
    556
    From that blurb I've no real idea how this works or what's involved

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    32,318
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All for us making money of course but difficult to see how this ‘compliments’ Hibs TV.
    Kind of what I was thinking

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,562
    When Andrew Sleight was at Hibs TV we'd often get pretty good interviews outwith the usuual pre/post match stuff.

    Tom Zanelli (the man on Hibs Telly) was responsible for some brilliant content - Fontaine of Knowledge, etc. and despite a couple of decent efforts recently things have been realtively flat since he left.

    My worry is that too much decent content on Hibs TV will be detrimental to the Recast partnership, especially with there being only a limited amount of footage and media duty time available.

    In addition, Recast isn't available (yet) outwith the UK, so those of us abroad risk having even less to watch than normal during the close season.

  11. #10
    Ginger goal machine nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All for us making money of course but difficult to see how this ‘compliments’ Hibs TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kind of what I was thinking
    It will be used to say nice things about Hibs TV.
    Logan, McGregor, Hanlon (Gunnarsson 83), Fontaine (Henderson 70), Gray, Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn, Stevenson, Stokes, Cummings (Keatings 65)

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member bod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,807
    It might replace hibs tv

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,562
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It might replace hibs tv
    I doubt it, unless they also set up a subscription service.

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,356
    If it’s going to inject cash into the club then it can only be a good thing?

  15. #14
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    14,155
    I was saying on the thread moaning about "personality and presentation" that I've really enjoyed the match coverage, the guests they've had on and that I'd miss it when it finished up.

    Maybe this will be a way to get a bit more of that sort of stuff over? Features with ex-players etc? Obviously there will be a finite amount of stuff that would be of interest but it would be good for a while at least.

    They should stick a tenner on season tickets and give it away "free" with each one...

    I'm really not against Hibs putting decent effort into stuff like this at all. If it doesn't work, bin it. If it does, great.

    We were very safe under Farmer and Petrie with avoiding losses seeming to be the name of the game. I'd be delighted if Ron Gordon was to underwrite the odd venture that might prove to be successful.

  16. #15
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    43,178
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All for us making money of course but difficult to see how this ‘compliments’ Hibs TV.
    Two out of every three pieces of content is Recast telling Hibs TV it likes what Hibs TV has done with its hair and telling Hibs TV you can ten it’s lost weight.



    Edit: should have refreshed the page before replying, shiny fish beat me to it.

  17. #16
    Ginger goal machine nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,529
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It will be used to say nice things about Hibs TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two out of every three pieces of content is Recast telling Hibs TV it likes what Hibs TV has done with its hair and telling Hibs TV you can ten it’s lost weight.
    Would you say these two valiant attempts at humour complement each other?
    Logan, McGregor, Hanlon (Gunnarsson 83), Fontaine (Henderson 70), Gray, Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn, Stevenson, Stokes, Cummings (Keatings 65)

  18. #17
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    43,178
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you say these two valiant attempts at humour complement each other?
    Think my edit was in before your reply m’lud.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it’s going to inject cash into the club then it can only be a good thing?
    Only if the cash from Recast covers the potential loss of Hibs TV subscriptions & advertising.

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was saying on the thread moaning about "personality and presentation" that I've really enjoyed the match coverage, the guests they've had on and that I'd miss it when it finished up.

    Maybe this will be a way to get a bit more of that sort of stuff over? Features with ex-players etc? Obviously there will be a finite amount of stuff that would be of interest but it would be good for a while at least.

    They should stick a tenner on season tickets and give it away "free" with each one...

    I'm really not against Hibs putting decent effort into stuff like this at all. If it doesn't work, bin it. If it does, great.

    We were very safe under Farmer and Petrie with avoiding losses seeming to be the name of the game. I'd be delighted if Ron Gordon was to underwrite the odd venture that might prove to be successful.
    Hibs won't be putting any effort in. Recast will produce their output.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24,958
    Every time I look at this thread and when it was announced onTwitter I’ve wondered why we’re teaming up with an app called ‘Racist’.

    I should probably start wearing my glasses more.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,519
    I’d imagine the target demographic for Recast differs from that of Hibs TV. I personally don’t know anyone under the age of 40 who subscribes to Hibs TV. Younger consumers often don’t have the disposable income to commit to expensive yearly subscriptions and they are used to models where content is delivered free to the consumer and funded via advertisers.

  23. #22
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Osprey Heights
    Posts
    29,356
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every time I look at this thread and when it was announced onTwitter I’ve wondered why we’re teaming up with an app called ‘Racist’.

    I should probably start wearing my glasses more.

    You're not the only one.

  24. #23
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    43,178
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're not the only one.
    Don't think it's a good idea to share Bingo's glasses, to be honest.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  25. #24
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    East kilbride
    Posts
    163
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibdan12 PSN ID: n/a Wii Code: n/a
    Personally think its a great idea. Great idea for a company, will give not only hibs content but hopefully a lot more

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    62
    Posts
    838
    Blog Entries
    1
    HIBERNIAN FC GOES DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER ON GROUND-BREAKING SPORTS VIDEO PLATFORM RECAST

    Complementing Hibernian FC’s existing arrangements, Recast offers the club ​an additional platform for its fans to get affordable, flexible access to high-quality content directly from the club, which Recast’s unique micropayment system will turn into revenue simply through fans’ viewership.

    The Recast content will compliment Hibernian FC’s existing Over-The-Top (OTT) platform, Hibs TV, and its social channels.’


    The existing OTT platform has clearly gone OVER-My-Head unless it’s another name for hibs pass ??

  27. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you say these two valiant attempts at humour complement each other?
    I hate people that fish for compliments.

  28. #27
    Doesn't seem to be any info on how it's accessed ?

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,405
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't seem to be any info on how it's accessed ?
    It's an app, old timer.

    (Showing off that I can spell app, even if I don't get the technology)

  30. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't seem to be any info on how it's accessed ?
    https://recast.app/

    Just sign up.

  31. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's an app, old timer.

    (Showing off that I can spell app, even if I don't get the technology)
    One of these downloading thingies? How wonderful.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)