hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Robertson

Coaching Staff
    Don’t know too much over here about the details of the situation, but wish him well.

He was quick to help us Hibbies out here in the past, and although he was a nightmare for us on the field, I wish him all the best off it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Sounds like he’s going through an awful time. Wish him the very best.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilrig_Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even he wasn’t a good man, he would deserve support and a bit of kindness. But he is a good man and as long as I don’t have to watch his highlights reel, I hope he’s back soon. All the the best to him.
    Sums it up perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    At no point in my life as a Hibee have I grudged Robertson his record against us. Good guy and I hope he gets back in the ICT dugout soon.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Like many others remember his brave stance attending and speaking out at the Hands Off Hibs rally at the Usher Hall.
    Hope he makes a good recovery. Pressure ratchets up even more so during Covid for many. Players and managers are no different the additional strain must be awful. To have been unable to attend a funeral due to a game may have been his decision but maybe that decision should have been taken from him - looks like they were in desperate circumstances that must have been some burden to carry.
    Orrabest Robbo.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    All the best Robbo.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    In 1988 I was involved in a charity cricket match. Hearts and Hibs agreed to provide a player each, Tommy Mcintyre for us and Robbo for Hearts. In the meantime he had been transferred to Newcastle but he insisted in honouring his commitment.

Standing pre-match in a group with him, he was reading the programme and came across a message of support from Mercer; he pretended to spit on his picture, much to Tommy M’s amusement

After that I wasn’t surprised he supported us during the takeover

Best wishes to someone who has bridged the city divide, at least to a degree

One of the good guys and I wish him all the best in his personal battle.

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    In 1988 I was involved in a charity cricket match. Hearts and Hibs agreed to provide a player each, Tommy Mcintyre for us and Robbo for Hearts. In the meantime he had been transferred to Newcastle but he insisted in honouring his commitment.

Standing pre-match in a group with him, he was reading the programme and came across a message of support from Mercer; he pretended to spit on his picture, much to Tommy M’s amusement

After that I wasn’t surprised he supported us during the takeover

Best wishes to someone who has bridged the city divide, at least to a degree
    Not surprised he did that to Mercers picture - in the early/mid 1980’s he was always very helpful to our Labour Party in Shandon. Nothing was too much trouble for him - turning up to anything asked / signing items to raise funds / donating to jumble sales etc. Good guy, get well soon Robbo.

Legend...my favourite Hearts player.

Caused me no end of grief when he played against us. Criminal he got less than 20 Scotland caps.

Hope he recovers well.

Neil McCann taking over at Inverness for the time being

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Neil McCann taking over at Inverness for the time being

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Still remember that wee nyaff running down the East stand touchline cupping his ear after scoring in 1997ish. At least Robertson used to celebrate with the Hearts fans after his inevitable last minute winner/equaliser. The difference in class is telling, as ITC are about to find out.

Even if he hadn't supported the Hands off Hibs campaign, he come from a time before Hearts started all this 'wee team, big team' bloody nonsense, a time when you didn't get Hearts players and managers stoking up that crap, a time when you could respect an opposition player even if he did break your bloody heart one or two times a season, you could still grudgingly admit how good he was. That's what Robbo was back in the day.

All the very best to him and his family, I hope he can get through this, I've been there myself and I know how bloody tough it is. Good luck Robbo.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Even if he hadn't supported the Hands off Hibs campaign, he come from a time before Hearts started all this 'wee team, big team' bloody nonsense, a time when you didn't get Hearts players and managers stoking up that crap, a time when you could respect an opposition player even if he did break your bloody heart one or two times a season, you could still grudgingly admit how good he was. That's what Robbo was back in the day.

All the very best to him and his family, I hope he can get through this, I've been there myself and I know how bloody tough it is. Good luck Robbo.
    Well said mate....

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

Spot on. I think I witnessed at least 20 of those 27 horrible goals - he could have goaded us, but had too much class and respect for Hibs fans to dance about in front of us, put his hand to his ear, grab his baws or whatever other trashy behaviour todays players do these days. Just celebrated with his own team and fans.

If Hibs fans could have a favourite jambo mines would be Wee Robbie, although I hated him playing against us.

All the best Robbo

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by telford hibbee View Post
    If Hibs fans could have a favourite jambo mines would be Wee Robbie, although I hated him playing against us.
    Robbie Neilson surely not

Poor guy, hope him and the family get through it sooner rather than later.

Also nice to see I am far from the only one that has always had plenty of time for Wee Robbo. Says a lot for his personality given the amount of hurt he caused us!!!

All the best, to the man who destroyed us in so many games, wishing all the best to Robbo and his family.
    But for the price of a pair of fitba boots and Turnbulls foul mouth this Hibee could have played for the team he originally supported.
    Great guy for a jambo.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Robbie Neilson surely not
    Wee robbo bloody auto correct

@hibs.net private member
    All the best robbo to you and the family.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilrig_Sauzee View Post
    Even he wasn’t a good man, he would deserve support and a bit of kindness. But he is a good man and as long as I don’t have to watch his highlights reel, I hope he’s back soon. All the the best to him.
    Amen.

Hibs class.

Hope him team win tonight

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I see he’s stepped down from his position of Manager, and takes over as sporting director
    Glad he’s in better health

https://ictfc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I see he’s stepped down from his position of Manager, and takes over as sporting director

Wonder if he has been eased into the other job or whether he wanted to move out of the spotlight.
    Hope they are looking after him and hope he is feeling better.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

Yep, wish him all the best.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Yep, wish him all the best.
    Hope he's in better health. Although he liked a goal against us I'll never forget the support he gave us during the attempted killing of our club.

Left by mutual consent!
    I like him. Shared a wee bit of banter at the 5-2 Caley game last year. I wish him all the best.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Met him in the Libby Inn said he had scored 23 against us and there was more to come

He was right

Get back and get well soon Robbo