hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the knee

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lawrence Fox ‘proud of every single fan who booed. I hope more do it as the stadiums continue to fill up. Taking the knee to a Marxist cult who hate everything Britain and England stands for is embarrassing beyond belief’.

Which is it, Lawrence, Britain or England? And what do they stand for?
    Siri...define **** ...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Siri...define **** ...
    I want these gammon snowflakes to ****ing man up and explain exactly what they mean. But they never do, just deflect deflect deflect.

@hibs.net private member
    I want these gammon snowflakes to ****ing man up and explain exactly what they mean. But they never do, just deflect deflect deflect.
    These characters are emboldened by the fact that massive swathes of England believe that the empire was great , love the monarchy and would cheer at a “make Britain great again” chant ....in the 90s they would been seen as far right BNP supporters ..nowadays they are just Tories

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Here is the description from BLM UK website today.

What don’t you agree with ?

.......We stand together across the globe to change the world, we kneel together in peace and solidarity asserting Black people are treated as equals to White people. It is a human right to receive racial equality, social and criminal justice in the societies we live and to receive parity as full citizens of the country and as a united nation.

We are a non-political, non-partisan, non-violence platform. Some content published on our website may have limited political content by the very nature of a country state governed and under a system of democracy. We operate in a humanitarian capacity and concern before all else.

We are not operating in a political capacity, are not a member of nor are we connected with any political party or political campaign.
    That is the redacted version for public consumption. The original manifesto called for an end to the nuclear family and the downfall of the western capitalist system. The Organisation was confounded by three “ trained Marxists”, one of whom just quit after it was discovered she’d bought four million dollar homes and that the parents of slain black kids hadn’t received a penny. One of the other founders gave a speech where she endlessly quoted Mao ( 50 plus million deaths) , and made it clear that nobody should shrink from the repercussions of the coming revolution. That is why some people are uneasy with BLM. It is important that a distrust of the org. Isn’t conflated with racism, though. I’m sure everyone was on board with the Kick Racism out of football campaign

May have been mentioned, sorry if it has, BLM & BLM (UK) are 2 different organisations

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    May have been mentioned, sorry if it has, BLM & BLM (UK) are 2 different organisations
    Are race relations better or worse than they were a year ago ?

@hibs.net private member
    There is obviously still much to be done to achieve a truly fair society and not just in regard to racial discrimination but religious bigotry, gender discrimination etc. When looking at the past half a century we’ve thankfully seen much of the world becoming a far more tolerant society, look at where the developed world has progressed when looking back at the civil right movement in the US, apartheid in South Africa, less sexual and gender discrimination. I think this has been achieved through better education, better parenting and producing generations that are thankfully able to decide for themselves between what is right and wrong and less swayed by previous generations where unfortunately unconscious/conscious discrimination was part of their being. From a football perspective look at how we’ve evolved over the past 30 years, looking back in ashamed at some the bile I used to spout at football games, was I brought up in a house where that was accepted, absolutely not, but it was the norm at football at that time, no excuse I know.

In summary I guess what I am saying is that societal change does not happen overnight, due to any one gesture or movement. Am I in favour of taking the knee? No I’m not, only because I think the gesture itself, however well intentioned at the outset, is more the talking point rather than what the core message is. A more tolerant society is born through better parenting, role modelling and education, this is what has driven change in my generation and I’m proud at how my two teenage daughters, and their friends, view and appreciate all the differences in society. Let’s learn from our past but let’s not finger point at behaviours of the past as I honestly don’t think a blame culture will help us on this path to a fair society, we’ve thankfully come a long way, still much to improve upon. Let’s keep talking about the issue but get up off your knees and deal with this standing side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    Can't you take politics to the Holy Ground where they belong?
    Can’t you stop crying over where a thread is filed?

It’s about taking the knee in football. I don’t decide where threads are situated on the forum, but I could have put the word “footballers” in bold in my post I suppose, if that stops it offending you.
    Last edited by WeeRussell; 07-06-2021 at 12:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Lawrence Fox ‘proud of every single fan who booed. I hope more do it as the stadiums continue to fill up. Taking the knee to a Marxist cult who hate everything Britain and England stands for is embarrassing beyond belief’.

Which is it, Lawrence, Britain or England? And what do they stand for?

Fantastic. I am instinctively on the opposing side of anything that prick is arguing for, and I am pleased to be so again.

He stood for London mayor and achieved nothing except wasting a lot of money.

You’d think a little humility might be in order?

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Keep seeing this term 'gammon' appear, what does it actually mean?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy75 View Post
    It's a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy75 View Post
    When white men are angrily ranting about something like gay rights or BLM, their face goes the colour of gammon.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Interesting dynamic by the government. One minute they say they want the whole country to get behind the England team but make no comment on fans booing the team taking the knee. Compare and contrast with Dowden the culture and sport guy openly criticising the cricket authorities for suspending an England cricketer for racist tweets.

Why do they object to taking the knee? Do they find it challenging having to stop behaving like morons for one short moment?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Saw this on Twitter.

People who have spent 50 yrs singing 'two world wars and one world cup' and 'no surrender to the IRA' think taking the knee has gone on for long enough now and that we should 'keep politics out of football'.

J

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Saw this on Twitter.

People who have spent 50 yrs singing 'two world wars and one world cup' and 'no surrender to the IRA' think taking the knee has gone on for long enough now and that we should 'keep politics out of football'.

J

Saw this on Twitter.

J

This is it. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of football knows that the England national team has had a large contingent of fascist and racist fans since the 1980s. NF recruiting, trashing large parts of Europe which led to the European ban, John Barnes abuse, the Dublin riot, it’s like nobody pays attention to history. The media are discussing it like this all started with taking the knee.

This is it. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of football knows that the England national team has had a large contingent of fascist and racist fans since the 1980s. NF recruiting, trashing large parts of Europe which led to the European ban, John Barnes abuse, the Dublin riot, it’s like nobody pays attention to history. The media are discussing it like this all started with taking the knee.
    Yeah, but they aren't booing the gesture - they are booing, from a nuanced take of investigating the Black Lives Matter website, the organisation. My left yak.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AliboyFC View Post
    It's a pig.
    A previously ill pig, but it's now been cured.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yeah, but they aren't booing the gesture - they are booing, from a nuanced take of investigating the Black Lives Matter website, the organisation. My left yak.
    I dont think most of them know why they are booing.

True - the big, idiotic racists start it up and all the little, more idiotic, racists fall in line behind them. It's how inadequacy works.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I dont think most of them know why they are booing.
    I disagree, theyve been told to not be racist, and they don’t like being told what to do.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    A previously ill pig, but it's now been cured.
    Are you here all week 😂

Saw this on Twitter.

J
    It’s not often I feel like I’m missing out by not being on Twitter anymore 👏

Southgate speaks well. Credit to him.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/dear-england-gareth-southgate-euros-soccer

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/dear-england-01f798yfraha/amp
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 08-06-2021 at 09:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    The Irish team tonight was roundly booed in Hungary tonight for taking the knee. Personally i think its become a controversy which is deeply disheartening in the fight for equality and the recognition of equality which imo too many people are not prepared to admit or recognise needs addressing.

I'm totally not understanding the booing, anyone care to explain?

Scotland do the right thing and cheer please

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    I'm totally not understanding the booing, anyone care to explain?

Scotland do the right thing and cheer please
    Don't think Scotland take the knee they all stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    The Irish team tonight was roundly booed in Hungary tonight for taking the knee. Personally i think its become a controversy which is deeply disheartening in the fight for equality and the recognition of equality which imo too many people are not prepared to admit or recognise needs addressing.
    Just shows you how strong right wing views are at present. Depressing when politicians openly court the positions and fail to show proper leadership such as in UK.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Just shows you how strong right wing views are at present. Depressing when politicians openly court the positions and fail to show proper leadership such as in UK.

A mate of mine was saying he’d pulled his mum up for being racist and she was quite happy to stick to get guns and say she was “a bit racist” as if that was ok.

There’s overt racism in politics at the moment, people are emboldened by the Brexit attitudes and are now quite open about it. It’s a worrying trend.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net