hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Taking the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57285428.amp

Can’t offer specific venues just now but heard horror stories of staff working massive overtime as staffing just isn’t there. Care sectors and the NHS rely largely on immigration too and are being screwed by a lack of it.
    Thanks. I didn't think you would have examples.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Thanks. I didn't think you would have examples.
    You’re denying there is an issue? I’m not the trade body, I just keep up to date with how a lack of freedom of movement and trade screws us over.

The NTIA (night time industries association) has warned that a number of businesses could face closure as little as ten days after reopening once restrictions are lifted. In what way are you more qualified than them?
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 13-06-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmbegbie View Post
    I’m sorry, I’m going to say this and if I’m banned, so be it. I’ve long since got used to the idea this is only a democracy if you don’t rock the boat in this country. I can fully understand the booing of this and I’ll go through the reasons why,

1. George Floyd. All this for a man who was a career criminal with a rap list as long as your arm. A man who held a gun to a pregnant woman. Yes, the polis there went over the top but no one can tell me the polis in America don’t have a tough time and it’s conveniently forgotten people like Floyd are one of the reasons why.

2. People in this country are sick of being labelled racist. We have welcomed people from all over the world. Provided them with refuge and a way of life and conditions which are far better than the lands they come from. A lot of people from refugee or immigrant backgrounds have made a good life here and what do we get told? We are racist. One of the most welcoming countries in the world is racist ffs

3. Immigration. When is enough enough? I’ve seen a few posts about bigoted Englishmen here and gammons and it’s pathetic. I don’t see anything wrong with keeping immigration checked and I’m sorry, when we see major towns and cities seeing British people or Caucasians become a minority, I think that it proves things have gotten way out of control. When we see illegal immigrants openly flooding over the channel, it’s a problem and it doesn’t make you a gammon if you have had enough of it

4. Hypocrisy. Last year, it came to light there was a number of Asian/Muslim grooming gangs targeting and abusing vulnerable girls up and down the country in many towns and cities across the UK. That should have been a national scandal. Instead, quickly brushed aside and glossed over. Shameful.

People have been brainwashed. Everyone and every thing in this country is supposed to be racist despite the fact we have an open country that has welcomed people from everywhere, many of whom who have had opportunities they wouldn’t have had elsewhere. No wonder there are so many people, gammons or whatever else the left like to generalise them as, who have had enough and this booing will increase and for one, I don’t blame them
    You are racist, as is anyone who agrees with this pish.

I’m sorry, I’m going to say this and if I’m banned, so be it. I’ve long since got used to the idea this is only a democracy if you don’t rock the boat in this country. I can fully understand the booing of this and I’ll go through the reasons why,

1. George Floyd. All this for a man who was a career criminal with a rap list as long as your arm. A man who held a gun to a pregnant woman. Yes, the polis there went over the top but no one can tell me the polis in America don’t have a tough time and it’s conveniently forgotten people like Floyd are one of the reasons why.

2. People in this country are sick of being labelled racist. We have welcomed people from all over the world. Provided them with refuge and a way of life and conditions which are far better than the lands they come from. A lot of people from refugee or immigrant backgrounds have made a good life here and what do we get told? We are racist. One of the most welcoming countries in the world is racist ffs

3. Immigration. When is enough enough? I’ve seen a few posts about bigoted Englishmen here and gammons and it’s pathetic. I don’t see anything wrong with keeping immigration checked and I’m sorry, when we see major towns and cities seeing British people or Caucasians become a minority, I think that it proves things have gotten way out of control. When we see illegal immigrants openly flooding over the channel, it’s a problem and it doesn’t make you a gammon if you have had enough of it

4. Hypocrisy. Last year, it came to light there was a number of Asian/Muslim grooming gangs targeting and abusing vulnerable girls up and down the country in many towns and cities across the UK. That should have been a national scandal. Instead, quickly brushed aside and glossed over. Shameful.

People have been brainwashed. Everyone and every thing in this country is supposed to be racist despite the fact we have an open country that has welcomed people from everywhere, many of whom who have had opportunities they wouldn’t have had elsewhere. No wonder there are so many people, gammons or whatever else the left like to generalise them as, who have had enough and this booing will increase and for one, I don’t blame them
    How did a Ranger Media/Follow Follow poster sneak on to Hibs Net?

You’re denying there is an issue? I’m not the trade body, I just keep up to date with how a lack of freedom of movement and trade screws us over.

The NTIA (night time industries association) has warned that a number of businesses could face closure as little as ten days after reopening once restrictions are lifted. In what way are you more qualified than them?
    The trade bodies and the CBI are saying this? Marxists the lot of them. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    That is almost word for word complete bollocks, it would take too long to point out everything that’s wrong with it. Personally I’m delighted you and others have broken cover so I can put you on ignore

We will be clear here: there is no place for racist propaganda, like that which was posted, on hibs.net.

In the clearest terms, those views are not, and never will be, welcome here.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff

Wow, that's a lot of words for "I'm a *****"

When you wrote this did you have the Dailly Mail open on one side and your union jack mug on the other side, wearing your "don't tread on me' t-shirt and humming along to Skrewdriver?

Do the world a favour, don't breed, thanks.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar

And this is why this taking a knee business is sort of working - it's opening up discussion and prompting people to out themselves.

Have you tried to find out anything about the issues in question, particularly points of view that appear to be opposed to your own?

Left by mutual consent!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57285428

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56919575

”Joined April 2021”

suspicious.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    You are racist, as is anyone who agrees with this pish.

Just a frankly awful collection of words, tbh.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Are you at a loose end just now Nigel??

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Aye, but other than that evidence, what evidence is there?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    ”Joined April 2021”

suspicious.
    Been here before under a different guise no doubt, just to stir things up. Quite a few of them unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Why does criticism of booing somehow suggest we are not living in a democracy? On this point alone you make no sense.

You are free to express your opinions, but can’t seem to cope with the fact that many disagree with them.

I’ll agree with you on this: people have been brainwashed. Those people being you and those who express similar opinions. You have been tricked into thinking the country’s problems are the fault of those who have less than you do.

I hope you find a way back out from this hole.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Anyone who agrees with that racist muck above is clearly in the wrong place if they think they're gonna get away with posting it on here.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I’m not sure about being banned (we can but hope) but you are the perfect example, despite your protests, of why there is an issue with racism in this country.

I knew that after your first few words in point number 1. The rest of it is that consistently bigoted and pathetic that I’m fairly sure you’re looking for a reaction.

Apparently he’a more qualified because everyone who opposed racism is just being self-righteous and immigrants are actually really bad.

Another one outed.

Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    Don't worry about it. This thread belongs in the Politics forum. Most football supporters don't care about taking the knee as its purely political ideology not football news.
    That’s strange as most football supporters that I know (the non-racist ones anyway) don’t have any issue with taking the knee due to it being politics-related. Some are concerned about the effectiveness of it and what we can do next but that’s it.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Apparently he’a more qualified because everyone who opposed racism is just being self-righteous and immigrants are actually really bad.

Another one outed.
    More than one as some of the responses show.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    At last......a sensible post in a long line of self righteous tosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Correct 👏👏

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    More than one as some of the responses show.
    3 racists.