Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Agree that it had lost its initial impact and probably its initial effectiveness becoming just part of the matchday furniture. To keep these hugely important issues at the forefront of peoples minds I think its time for new initiatives which are very much needed given the large amount of online racism that's been reported.

Re an earlier posters comments re sectarianism its disappointing that SUTR and other Scottish anti-racism campaigns have been totally silent on this which is essentially racism towards folks of Irish Catholic heritage or folk perceived to be because of the clubs they support.
It is difficult to know what else football can do - and it can't exist in isolation to society unfortunately.

Getting its own house in order in terms of making sure no one is discriminated against when jobs are available and making sure that there is diversity in decision making bodies is very much under football's control and I don't really know the extent to which these things are working.

However, the main issues that get reported are in players being abused - largely on social media. This is far more difficult and this needs to come down to the people who operate the platforms. There are no amount of campaigns, gestures or education that will stop this as far as I can see. There will always be idiots who will abuse someone for something. It doesn't have to be race. Perversely, recent campaigns probably serve to keep race as a front and centre reindeer for these idiots to abuse someone.