hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Gauld

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Gauld looked decent for us until he got injured.
    Thought was pretty average on what I seen. Didn't look sharp and easily brushed aside. Didn't look like he was fit as he could be which is probably a lack of game time at his parent club. Played against Elgin and didn't really impress imo.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I genuinely forgot we signed him until I read this thread...

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Watched Ryan playing for Farense tonight against Benfica. Match finished 0-0 but Ryan played well for an hour, faded out of the game as Farense got pushed further and further back as the game wore on. Farense sit just above the relegation zone and Ryan has scored 6 goals in 20 games in what is a fairly struggling side. Last season Farense gained promotion and Ryan was voted player of the season for the Portuguese second tier. Much more suited to the pace of the game in Portugal than Scotland.

A word on Benfica as someone who follows them, thats one win in 7 games and in all honesty the poorest Benfica side I have ever seen. rebuilding in progress but a long way to go.
    Worst I have seen in 53 years Good yardstick for how good Rangers actually are given Benfica made them look very ordinary at Ibrox.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 23-02-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Ah, didn't know that. Both Farense & Portimonense were in 2nd div when i went there. As an aside, on the general status of Portuguese footy. Pacos De Ferreira are currently 5th in league behind the usual 4. Their stadium holds less than 10k but could still accommodate the whole population of the town (though surrounding area is a fair bit higher). A nice story.
    Might be a nice trip in the groups next season