hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member St.Kristopher's Avatar

Sportscene last night

I missed the game yesterday, so I watched the highlights on sportscene. Were we lucky to get the win yesterday, as they seemed to suggest? Didn't see any decent play from us in the highlights.

I would say that it was a red card though, Porteous red against rangers a while back was more in control.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I would say we more than deserved the win

Scored 2
    Missed a pen
    Cadden had 2 very good chances

They started well the first 10 minutes which is expected but they didn’t create much of note. They hit the post from a snapshot but other than that we were fine.

Testimonial Due
    Typical Sportscene biased editing.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    It all depends on your view on the sending off. They started brightly whilst we shook off some rust, they hit the post in the opening ten minutes and then Hamilton was sent off. After that they never looked as if they'd score and we managed the game very well.

If you thought the sending off was just then no, we weren't lucky and if you think it wasn't a straight red then yes, we were lucky.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Hamilton didnt threaten at all after the sending off so no we weren't lucky.

I thought Sportscene made us look decent
    2 goals
    Missed pen
    Keeper makes a good save from Daz
    Cadden a couole of very good chances
    Doig good strike blocked 6 yards out
    Nisbet maybe coukd have done better when he had the defender faced up in the box

Missed the game due to being at work so only could get a few looks now and then.

Just watched sportscene and like a few have said other than the few chances at the start we deserved the win.

Defenfitly a red for me was a bit reckless in the tackle.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Havent watched the highlights yet but Hamilton caused us big problems before the sending off.
    3 good saves from Rocky in the first 10 mins.
    We did deserve to win , but they did cause us problems.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Typical Sportscene biased editing.
    Aye the BBC are notorious for being massive Accies fans

Blog Entries
    I thought it was absolutely fine and balanced & especially their discussions about the red card and the penalty.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Wonder if there will be days of discussion on Sportscene/Sportsound about the boy Hamilton like we got with Porto? 4th red card for him yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I thought it was absolutely fine and balanced & especially their discussions about the red card and the penalty.
    I wasn’t listening too hard but I am sure James McF said
    Boyle missed the penalty thankfully
    As if it was a game against a foreign club

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ben johnson View Post
    I wasn’t listening too hard but I am sure James McF said
    Boyle missed the penalty thankfully
    As if it was a game against a foreign club
    he didn’t think it was a penalty, so was glad Hamilton weren’t punished for what he felt was a poor decision. I thought the coverage was very balanced and fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Wonder if there will be days of discussion on Sportscene/Sportsound about the boy Hamilton like we got with Porto? 4th red card for him yesterday.
    I doubt it. Steven Thompson just said on Sportsound they'll be discussing the red card and that he thought it wasn't one. Hamilton was the one who got a red card v Hearts when they were giving them a doing last season and it turned the game. Hearts scraped a draw and the red card was later rescinded so they'll be more likely to discuss on Sportscene how he's been unlucky.

What part of the red card discussion was fair or balanced? I didn’t here either of them say his foot was at knee height with studs up, straight red. It wasn’t Hamilton’s fault that he didn’t catch Boyle the way he had intended too.

They did both make mention that it was rash but neither committed to it being a straight red, which it definitely was.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchard_Hibs View Post
    What part of the red card discussion was fair or balanced? I didn’t here either of them say his foot was at knee height with studs up, straight red. It wasn’t Hamilton’s fault that he didn’t catch Boyle the way he had intended too.

They did both make mention that it was rash but neither committed to it being a straight red, which it definitely was.
    IIRC both of them said that under present interpretations it could be deemed out of control & therefore a red card.

It was attempted murder rather than murder because Boyle managed to get out of the way of most of it-no thanks to Hamillton.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Aye the BBC are notorious for being massive Accies fans
    Notorious for being pro Hearts though

IIRC both of them said that under present interpretations it could be deemed out of control & therefore a red card.
    A very political answer, not balanced or correct, it was a red there is very little debate.

Sorry I’m not deliberately arguing with you but there is very little balance in opinion when it comes to Hibs and the bbc (Bartley does his best for us)

Not balanced for me. It was the same when we beat the Arabs they talked more about how poor they were. It was a clear sending off and as usual they tried to sensationalist about it. There was clear excessive force. Had Boyle not seen it coming it could have been seriously injured. It’s always tricky playing against ten men and we saw it out comfortably as they never looked threatening. Btw wonder why Porteous isn’t playing with McGinn rwb. Just a thought.

Never liked sportscene since Sutherland landed the gig.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Not balanced for me. It was the same when we beat the Arabs they talked more about how poor they were. It was a clear sending off and as usual they tried to sensationalist about it. There was clear excessive force. Had Boyle not seen it coming it could have been seriously injured. It’s always tricky playing against ten men and we saw it out comfortably as they never looked threatening. Btw wonder why Porteous isn’t playing with McGinn rwb. Just a thought.
    Because Cadden is better at rwb

Bartley talking about the cup final next week. I hope he wins it, I’m sure it would mean so much to him as captain, especially after not playing in our final.

First Team Breakthrough
    It never fails to amaze me that these current and ex-pros simply don’t know the laws of the game.

Law 12: Fouls and Misconduct...

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

So, the Hamilton player launched himself at Boyle from a distance (endangering safety, lunge, excessive force) equals serious foul play equals red. He doesn’t need to make contact. The law does not include contact as a consideration.

So, Bartman and ‘Mikey’ Stewart it’s not an interpretation it’s a ******g red card by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyisGod View Post
    It never fails to amaze me that these current and ex-pros simply don’t know the laws of the game.

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

So, the Hamilton player launched himself at Boyle from a distance (endangering safety, lunge, excessive force) equals serious foul play equals red. He doesn’t need to make contact. The law does not include contact as a consideration.

So, Bartman and ‘Mikey’ Stewart it’s not an interpretation it’s a ******g red card by definition.
    Agreed, speed + studs = red card every day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyisGod View Post

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

More often than not I agree with Michael Stewart but this time he even suggested that it might have been Boyle that caught Hamilton. 🤔

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Never a red card, absolutely ridiculous decision from the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Because Cadden is better at rwb
    I beg to differ. Cadden has had a few really good chances and hasn’t put them away where obviously mcginn has chipped in with a few goals. Plus mcginn is better defensively imho. It’s how Ross sees it that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    I beg to differ. Cadden has had a few really good chances and hasn’t put them away where obviously mcginn has chipped in with a few goals. Plus mcginn is better defensively imho. It’s how Ross sees it that matters.
    Disagree Cadden has been very good and provides a bit more power and attacking energy down that side also puts in better crosses. McGinn is a good player but imo primarily a defender.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    McFadden said the ref rushed the red card decision. Back in the real world, he checked with his linesman. No wonder people are fed up with the programme when they come out with made up "facts" to suit their view.