hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of tv and pod producers have realised that there’s only so much time you can spend analysing ref decisions and then debating it ad nauseum before it becomes boring TV. Sportscene seem to be late to that. Personally I’d rather they just briefly said their opinion and then talked about the actual game instead.

Ligue 1 dont show red cards at all in their highlights show, which is a bit weird and going too far IMO, but there’s a middle ground to be found here. MOTD isn’t much better; The whole point of VAR was supposed to be to stop rows about decisions; the result down south seems to be the opposite.
    I think the analysis of games is often longer than the actual highlights themselves.

Not really sure exactly what the extensive analysis after each individual game adds to the production.
    Why not just add more minutes from each fixture, interview with manager or star performer then onto the next game. Pundits can chat about the weekends results for 5 minutes at the end. Be far better.

2. Log in to remove the advert

When travelling from such a distance away you have two choices. You either put a ‘block tackle’ in, essentially tackling thin air in front of the man, but making sure it’s your body/leg that the ball hits when Boyle knocks it (or takes him out if he knocks the ball over you), or you stay on your feet.

You can’t come at that pace, from that distance, when the opponent is travelling at pace, and dive in studs showing at a decent height. Whether you win the ball or not then makes no difference.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    When travelling from such a distance away you have two choices. You either put a ‘block tackle’ in, essentially tackling thin air in front of the man, but making sure it’s your body/leg that the ball hits when Boyle knocks it (or takes him out if he knocks the ball over you), or you stay on your feet.

You can’t come at that pace, from that distance, when the opponent is travelling at pace, and dive in studs showing at a decent height. Whether you win the ball or not then makes no difference.
    Agreed, the key factor was the raised foot and the speed of the tackle. It was reckless and out of control. Clear sending off.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was a red all day long. 2 of the criteria that Michael Stewart chose to ignore was that he was high and out of control. As for him getting the ball, he may have got something on it after he clattered Boyle. You could hear the tackle on the stream.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    It will be interesting to see if Hamilton appeal the red card.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Hamilton appeal the red card.
    They have done.

In today’s game I think it’s a red card. He doesn’t play the ball, moves in very fast and with his studs up. It’s a dangerous challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I think the analysis of games is often longer than the actual highlights themselves.

Not really sure exactly what the extensive analysis after each individual game adds to the production.
    Why not just add more minutes from each fixture, interview with manager or star performer then onto the next game. Pundits can chat about the weekends results for 5 minutes at the end. Be far better.
    Yep I agree. Highlights show should be minimum 80% action, with a little bit of intelligent analysis with someone who can articulate it.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    They have done.

In today’s game I think it’s a red card. He doesn’t play the ball, moves in very fast and with his studs up. It’s a dangerous challenge.
    Playing devil's advocate, what else was the boy supposed to do, stand aside and let him run through?
    He was at speed, only way he could get to the challenge, he got and played the ball ball before him!
    Played the ball with his studs, never touched him, Boyle collided with his back!
    I think its what Marv was alluding to, with the fast nature of today's game, these challenges are more and more likely!
    I know that if it was 1 of our players, it would have been a great tackle, and we would be outraged at the sending off!!!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Playing devil's advocate, what else was the boy supposed to do, stand aside and let him run through?
    He was at speed, only way he could get to the challenge, he got and played the ball ball before him!
    Played the ball with his studs, never touched him, Boyle collided with his back!
    I think its what Marv was alluding to, with the fast nature of today's game, these challenges are more and more likely!
    I know that if it was 1 of our players, it would have been a great tackle, and we would be outraged at the sending off!!!
    It wasn’t the only way he could challenge, and these type of challenges absolutely aren’t more likely in today’s game.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Are you saying he never touched Boyle at all? What else was he supposed to do, stay on his feet for one, and if not stay on his feet then make a block tackle rather than a full blooded studs first tackle that was always going to make contact with the player.
    Boyle even pulls back on his run as he sees the recklessness of the challenge, if he doesn’t take that evasive action he’s in the hospital with a career ender.