hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    OP in need of some nookie

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    No bites on the match thread so actually started a thread with this guff.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OP in need of some nookie
    Way behind the curve with that one mate, the name was actually taken from a comment somebody made in the days when I posted as 'Bovril'

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Just while we're clutching at straws for things to piss and moan about after 4 wins... Is it just me, or are all our crosses whipped? 🤔

Testimonial Due
    Great to see Mickey and Keith, two of my Hibbee heroes. Obviously not a comfortable setting for them especially when being interviewed by a pantomime impression of Glen Michael.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Jesus. Some thread. I like a moan but even I’m a bit iffy.

Look I wan't fishing or even looking for a reason to be critical as such. Perfectly happy with today's result as it happens and how the season is going. I was critical of Jack Ross after two or three performances that nobody could deny were abject and I'll admit I wasn't convinced he could survive if things continued the way they were, but I'm also happy to acknowledge he has proved that to be a dip rather than a huge problem after our last few results, so fair play to him.

My post was very much something I've had on my mind for a while. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to see a wee bit more spark in the production on Hibs TV or to see the bloody manager manage a smile now and again, especially on the back of a positive result, I'm not asking him for bloody cartwheels, just to look a wee bit happy. I wasn't really having a go at Mickey or Keith either, I genuinely think it's the presenters job to bring out the best in the guests and I don't think him or the set up is conducive to that, I'm willing to bet if you got either one sitting in the boozer they would be brilliant in a relaxed situation, I just thought they both looked ill at ease today.

This is all about positive vibes and a vibrant atmosphere around the club which Hibs TV is a great vehicle for, in fact currently the only vehicle through which to project that positivity and upbeat atmosphere. With a manager who comes across like droopy on prozac and a studio set up that's badly lit and looks bloody uncomfortable for the guests I just think there's room to brighten things up and project a cheerier and more upbeat look to the whole thing.

The way some folk are reacting you would think I had suggested merging the club with bloody Hearts

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Verbose

ADJECTIVE
    If you describe a person or a piece of writing as verbose, you are critical of them because they use more words than are necessary, and so make you feel bored or annoyed.

Synonyms: long-winded, wordy, garrulous, windy

I said to my wife at half time, you'd think Mickey and Keith would have some chemistry given how they were on the pitch.

As for Jack Ross, I'm happy for.him to be stoic about results.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Verbose

ADJECTIVE
    If you describe a person or a piece of writing as verbose, you are critical of them because they use more words than are necessary, and so make you feel bored or annoyed.

Synonyms: long-winded, wordy, garrulous, windy
    Me sorry, me try make E Z 4 U nxt tm

@hibs.net private member
    No complaints at all about Hibs TV atm. A well-produced, professional product, good variety of guests brought in and the tone/balance of each segment is all fine.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Not sure why we didn't get a Hibby like Grant Stott or Barry (match day host) to do the Tanner role.

Apart from Tanner I like the Hibs show.

Jack Ross? As been mentioned above, if he says anything it will be taken out of context, so needs to be guarded.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Not sure why we didn't get a Hibby like Grant Stott or Barry (match day host) to do the Tanner role.

Jack Ross? As been mentioned above, if he says anything it will be taken out of context, so needs to be guarded.
    I know that the debate from a couple of weeks ago went further than probably planned, but what I like about Jack Ross is he is grounded in victory or defeat. Every single game in this league carries the same reward for a win - three points - and the fact we've carried the same attitude into a game against Hamilton as we did against Rangers or Celtic is excellent. Find a winning team, set them up, manage the game as well as possible and don't get carried away. If you avoid slip ups against teams like Hamilton and Ross County (although we have indeed slipped up against Ross County this season) then you give yourself an excellent base to launch your league campaign on and we have - largely - done that this season.

Our first season back in the Premiership we should have finished second, of that I have no doubt with the midfield we had. The problem is that we allowed the importance of each game to crescendo and as such the pressure on the team and manager, which led to mistakes being made on and off the pitch and it ended up in a bore 0-0 draw at Pittodrie and a collapse at Tynecastle.

I have every faith that irrelevant of how much the fans are excited or anxious about the games coming up and as we get closer to the end of the season, JR's attitude to the preperation before the game won't change and that's precisely what we need.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

David Tanner probably got the job because of his experience presenting football shows. He's okay but I'd rather it was Grant Scott, he's more than capable of hosting it and he'd bring an extra level of enthusiasm that would liven it up. Plus he'd probably have done it for next to nothing as he'd be getting to see the games.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Re TV production. We'll have a cameraman and sound engineer and thanks to covid, no access to a set builder or dresser - especially since its above the away team. Tanner looked like a good pick on paper but so did the team versus Hearts. It doesn't always work out. New guests every week, most of who never appear on telly. What rips my 'nitten is the adverts.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I think it's fine for an in house TV production. Saying that, if we win I don't really care.

If this is to be the 'moany' thread then that Irish commentator does my heid in.

Every cross wasn't "whipped in" even a gentle lob from Doig patently wasnt "whipped" in and its Martin Boyle not George from the 1st half.

I am assuming this is the same clown who didn't know Dundee and Dundee Utd are two separate teams from a few weeks back.

If its not the "moany" thread then just ignore.😂

Need fresh faces - Farmer and Petrie oot......

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    What the hell is in the water at Easter Road these days.

After a decent win our manager conducts an interview looking like he has just found out his car has been stolen. Our TV studio looks about as inviting as solitary at Saughton except with more drab lighting. You get two Hibs legends who love Hibs on to talk about the game and the club, but both of them give the impression they are in need of an adrenaline injection or a can of Red Bull, perhaps because they are being asked to sit for two hours on chairs that look as comfortable as a Tour de France competitors saddle.

David Tanner doesn't help much either, he seems incapable of real enthusiasm and clearly to me at least all things Hibs don't come easily to him, he doesn't seem capable of making even the likes of Weir and Wright seem comfortable or enthusiastic about the task in hand.

The whole thing needs brightened up and enlivened ... perhaps it's right what they say about a club reflecting the personality of it's manager .... drab, drab. drab.
    I agree 100%

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    We’re a football team, not a broadcasting company.
    To be fair our owner made his fortune in that field so I’m sure he’ll be looking at ways to improve things on this front.

I would point out though that other than the fact I seem to be far enough behind every game to read what’s happening on the match thread before it happens that I’ve no complaints really!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Tanner is starting to grow on me but I just wish he would stop shouting

Every time he comes on I have to reach for the remote

Mickey and Keith Keith Keith are legends and Tam McManus does a fantastic job in the Ally McCoist role as co-commentator

Agree the Studio looks drab and needs a change of location maybes a plusher box in the West or the North with more lighting and maybes the famous image of Gordon Smith skinning the fullback in front of 100000 Huns at Ibrox as a backdrop

Grant Stott would be ideal but probs too expensive

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    If this is to be the 'moany' thread then that Irish commentator does my heid in.

Every cross wasn't "whipped in" even a gentle lob from Doig patently wasnt "whipped" in and its Martin Boyle not George from the 1st half.

I am assuming this is the same clown who didn't know Dundee and Dundee Utd are two separate teams from a few weeks back.

If its not the "moany" thread then just ignore.😂

He does like a whipped cross!!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    He does like a whipped cross!!
    Freud might be interested

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Long as we keep winning and we're on the course for Europe, Jack Ross can spend the post match interview slapping my cat.
    He can slap my maw and pump my missus if we keep winning

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I suspect the OP’s favourite TV programmes feature Alan Carr and Rue Paul, not surprising that our match day programme seems a bit flat by comparison. Maybe we could get Claudia Winkleman involved and add a bit of “Strictly Sparkle” let’s ditch David Tanner and bring in Bruno Tollioni and Craig Revel Horwood too, they can replace boring pundits like Keith, Keith, Keith and Wee Mickey, no one should be allowed anywhere near the studio unless they have a glittery spandex bodysuit on
    Last edited by worcesterhibby; 21-02-2021 at 08:42 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Couldn’t give 2 hoots about presentation and personality, tune into Hibs TV to watch the game, anything else is a bonus. David Tanner does a good enough job, don’t really understand the stick he gets, and we have had a wide range of guests some of which are clearly not that confident in front of the cameras but fair play them for contributing and, probably, taking a step outside their comfort zone. I’ll leave the razzmatazz (disco lights) to teams like Celtic and be happy that budgets are geared toward the product on the pitch.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Mickey & Keith were fine yesterday as was David Tanner. The adverts are a bit annoying (are Pearl & Dean still on the go?), but these people are paying good and vital money to the club to advertise so I can easily live with it.

I normally like Irish Dave but the one thing that annoyed me yesterday was when he & Tam kept talking about going on to run up a big score, pile in the goals, etc. after we went 1-0 up.

Yes it would have been nice, but they were talking like it was almost a given, even though it rarely happens like that.

I take it as a massive positive if the coverage is the most contentious thing around the club right now.
    In my opinion considering the circumstances it's good enough.
    Most importantly the streaming of the game is working really well.

First Team Breakthrough green.oracle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I’ve no real issue with the coverage. Don’t particularly like Tanner but the guests are generally decent. Sound quality is sometimes a bit of an issue.
    Yeah wish someone could sort tanner's microphone (or teach him he doesn't have to shout for effect!!).

It's strange the guests microphones are ok, so is it tanner himself?