hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Presentation and personality

What the hell is in the water at Easter Road these days.

After a decent win our manager conducts an interview looking like he has just found out his car has been stolen. Our TV studio looks about as inviting as solitary at Saughton except with more drab lighting. You get two Hibs legends who love Hibs on to talk about the game and the club, but both of them give the impression they are in need of an adrenaline injection or a can of Red Bull, perhaps because they are being asked to sit for two hours on chairs that look as comfortable as a Tour de France competitors saddle.

David Tanner doesn't help much either, he seems incapable of real enthusiasm and clearly to me at least all things Hibs don't come easily to him, he doesn't seem capable of making even the likes of Weir and Wright seem comfortable or enthusiastic about the task in hand.

The whole thing needs brightened up and enlivened ... perhaps it's right what they say about a club reflecting the personality of it's manager .... drab, drab. drab.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

After a decent win our manager conducts an interview looking like he has just found out his car has been stolen. Our TV studio looks about as inviting as solitary at Saughton except with more drab lighting. You get two Hibs legends who love Hibs on to talk about the game and the club, but both of them give the impression they are in need of an adrenaline injection or a can of Red Bull, perhaps because they are being asked to sit for two hours on chairs that look as comfortable as a Tour de France competitors saddle.

David Tanner doesn't help much either, he seems incapable of real enthusiasm and clearly to me at least all things Hibs don't come easily to him, he doesn't seem capable of making even the likes of Weir and Wright seem comfortable or enthusiastic about the task in hand.

The whole thing needs brightened up and enlivened ... perhaps it's right what they say about a club reflecting the personality of it's manager .... drab, drab. drab.
    Suppose we need something to slate JR for after a 4th win on the spin 😂

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Long as we keep winning and we're on the course for Europe, Jack Ross can spend the post match interview slapping my cat.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I enjoyed listening to Mickey Weir and Keith Wright, two guys probably out their comfort zone a bit in front of the cameras but were absolutely fine for me.

Enjoyable afternoon all round.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    **** me we’re really scraping the barrel after 4 wins on the bounce.

Mickey had the complexion of a bridie today.
    I'm sure he has massive problems with back pain so the chairs must have been killing the guy.
    FWIW I have decided I prefer the Cliff & Tam commentary combo.

As for Jack Ross interviews, he simply tries to give out as little information as possible. I blame media training.
    I listened to an interview with John Potter last week. He is meant to be a funny guy but came out with the same tedious media training communication style as JR.
    As I said they basically tell you nothing, speak blandly in lifeless cliches. It's like state news in China.
    Hibs TV would be better interviewing Daz who has a natural good open communication style or a Jack Ross doll or a stone if they can't get Daz.
    I know why the management do the interviews as they do but it is a waste of everyone's time and fools only fools.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 20-02-2021 at 07:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Suppose we need something to slate JR for after a 4th win on the spin 😂
    Jack Drone out.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Ffs is this the best we can do in the moaning stakes these days? I enjoyed the program today and I couldn’t give a flying **** how the manager comes across in his post match interview. I’m sure Chippers interview was brilliant, but his team lost and will struggle to stay up.

United we stand here....

I enjoyed the Lennon roller coaster but if given a choice between his toys out the pram and threats to leave approach and JR's level-headedness, I'd pick JR no question.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Surely a wind up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Pathetic.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    **** me we’re really scraping the barrel after 4 wins on the bounce.
    It’s unreal.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm?

Can we rename this thread “The Official we desperately need something to moan about thread”

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Wow

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Long as we keep winning and we're on the course for Europe, Jack Ross can spend the post match interview slapping my cat.
    Is that some sort of sordid euphamism?! :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I'm not sure if I'm missing a joke here, quite probably, but for something set up in a bit of a hurry working within a pretty tight budget I think the match day show is pretty good.

Tanner isn't my favourite and if we have to watch football this way next season I wouldn't be too sad to see him replaced. However the commentary team are good, the guests have generally been good and the production values are a lot better than what a lot of other teams are putting out based on what I have seen.

As for Ross; I don't find him the most engaging when interviewed and I'll admit that makes it a bit easier to have a go at him for me. However he is a football manager not a comedian or lecturer. If he keeps putting a team on the park that wins games then I'll be quite happy to leave my own hang ups about his public persona to one side.

Hibs won again. Enjoy it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I enjoyed listening to Mickey Weir and Keith Wright, two guys probably out their comfort zone a bit in front of the cameras but were absolutely fine for me.

Enjoyable afternoon all round.
    Same for me enjoyed their chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm missing a joke here, quite probably, but for something set up in a bit of a hurry working within a pretty tight budget I think the match day show is pretty good.

Tanner isn't my favourite and if we have to watch football this way next season I wouldn't be too sad to see him replaced. However the commentary team are good, the guests have generally been good and the production values are a lot better than what a lot of other teams are putting out based on what I have seen.

As for Ross; I don't find him the most engaging when interviewed and I'll admit that makes it a bit easier to have a go at him for me. However he is a football manager not a comedian or lecturer. If he keeps putting a team on the park that wins games then I'll be quite happy to leave my own hang ups about his public persona to one side.

Hibs won again. Enjoy it.
    Agree don't really get it. Actually enjoy the way Jack communicates intelligent but obviously a little guarded at times which imo is fair enough. Really enjoy the coverage on the match day.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ross out

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree don't really get it. Actually enjoy the way Jack communicates intelligent but obviously a little guarded at times which imo is fair enough. Really enjoy the coverage on the match day.
    Intelligent but guarded is spot on. Guarded because Brian Mclauchlin is usually trying to catch him out somehow or other with baited questions.

We're on course for 3rd and a record points total. I couldn't less about studios and chairs to be honest.

If this thread is meant to be parodying some of the more relentlessly negative fans out there, then bravo.

If not... Well. 😬
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 20-02-2021 at 07:56 PM.

We’re a football team, not a broadcasting company.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Intelligent but guarded is spot on. Guarded because Brian Mclauchlin is usually trying to catch him out somehow or other with baited questions.
    Yep absolutely the right thing to do.

I love the coverage.

I love that it’s a wee bit amateurish, that occasionally stuff goes wrong and that it looks unpolished. It might be related to the fact that I’ve grown to loathe the bland, corporate EPL that I’ve grown to appreciate “our own” having a bash a whole lot more.

The guests have been brilliant, from the ridiculous Irvine Welsh and GOC to the sublime of the guests today, Alex Miller etc. Who doesn’t want to listen to guys like these talk Hibs?

I honestly wouldn’t change it and I’ll miss it when it’s gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    If this thread is meant to be parodying some of the more relentlessly negative fans out there, then bravo.

If not... Well. 😬
    Tbh I'd argue if it's the former then it's even worse in a way. Creating conflict where there shouldn't be for ones own amusement. Not for me.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I must be easily pleased. Could listen to real old Hibs legends like Mickey and Keith all day frankly. Really enjoyed them today - Mickey gives really good insight too. Thought Harper was really interesting a couple weeks back. Great stuff in these difficult times 🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Tbh I'd argue if it's the former then it's even worse in a way. Creating conflict where there shouldn't be for ones own amusement. Not for me.
    Tongue was firmly in my cheek for my first sentence. Maybe I'm just as bad!

I’ve no real issue with the coverage. Don’t particularly like Tanner but the guests are generally decent. Sound quality is sometimes a bit of an issue.