hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve no real issue with the coverage. Don’t particularly like Tanner but the guests are generally decent. Sound quality is sometimes a bit of an issue.
    Aye, I'm often reaching for the remote when all of a sudden the volume from the studio goes massively up.
    Bring back that Welsh bloke I say.
    Mind, as long as we keep getting results, JR can be the reincarnation of Rev I M Jolly as long as he wants in his interviews. (Photo shop opportunity for someone there.)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Long as we keep winning and we're on the course for Europe, Jack Ross can spend the post match interview slapping my cat.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I cant believe anyone even listens to what managers say these days, they never tell you anything you dont know or have just seen.

In the past i suppose Yogi was good with the sprinkling of gold dust, but he did have a funny accent, Lennon was just angry apart from when he wasnt, couldnt understand Calderwood because his mouth was full of parma violets, and Heckingbottom was English.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I cant believe anyone even listens to what managers say these days, they never tell you anything you dont know or have just seen.

In the past i suppose Yogi was good with the sprinkling of gold dust, but he did have a funny accent, Lennon was just angry apart from when he wasnt, couldnt understand Calderwood because his mouth was full of parma violets, and Heckingbottom was English.
    Shocking that Heck did not assimilate better by adopting a Leith accent. Should have taken a leaf out of Steve McLaren's book.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnoP4sUV90

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Shocking that Heck did not assimilate better by adopting a Leith accent. Should have taken a leaf out of Steve McLaren's book.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnoP4sUV90
    That is legendary...

Credit were credit is due. Other than Tanners mic occasional loudness all the other sound issues from earlier in the season have been addressed.
    As for the ads, I hate them but at this time Hibs need every penny they can lay their hands on so we have to suck it up and be grateful to the companies involved.

As an aside, every week I am grateful to the HSL guys and 11,000 Hibs supporters who have made watching Hibs possible by buying season tickets and not taking refunds were possible last season. It's been the biggest fight since Hands of Hibs and everyone has put in financially what they can for the common good.
    Don't know what the knock on to the next few seasons will be but we have saved the club again and unlike last time we won't have to build from the ground up again.
    GGTTH supporters!

Get Irvine Welsh back on....

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    As much as I enjoyed his chat, we’re a family club, and we can’t expect our kids listen to some of the stuff he said

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Saving him for the current buns game after the split.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    As much as I enjoyed his chat, we’re a family club, and we can’t expect our kids listen to some of the stuff he said
    Bizarrely they seemed to be more outraged at being called current buns than the machete comment, though I only looked at a little bit of social media on it so maybe didn't get an accurate representation.

I quite like Tanner in an Alan Partridge type of way.

There, I’ve said it

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    What the hell is in the water at Easter Road these days.

After a decent win our manager conducts an interview looking like he has just found out his car has been stolen. Our TV studio looks about as inviting as solitary at Saughton except with more drab lighting. You get two Hibs legends who love Hibs on to talk about the game and the club, but both of them give the impression they are in need of an adrenaline injection or a can of Red Bull, perhaps because they are being asked to sit for two hours on chairs that look as comfortable as a Tour de France competitors saddle.

David Tanner doesn't help much either, he seems incapable of real enthusiasm and clearly to me at least all things Hibs don't come easily to him, he doesn't seem capable of making even the likes of Weir and Wright seem comfortable or enthusiastic about the task in hand.

The whole thing needs brightened up and enlivened ... perhaps it's right what they say about a club reflecting the personality of it's manager .... drab, drab. drab.
    Few drinks last night?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

😂😂

Good point BH, who really cares? Manager speak is cliched pish anyway. Who cares what they say?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Listened to JRs post match interview seemed pretty upbeat and businesslike.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post

There, I’ve said it
    "And coming up next on The Match, youth hostelling with Shefki Kuqi"

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Listened to JRs post match interview seemed pretty upbeat and businesslike.
    He also gave Josh Doig a pat on the back, with a big grin on his face, as Josh was giving his post match interview.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

After a decent win our manager conducts an interview looking like he has just found out his car has been stolen. Our TV studio looks about as inviting as solitary at Saughton except with more drab lighting. You get two Hibs legends who love Hibs on to talk about the game and the club, but both of them give the impression they are in need of an adrenaline injection or a can of Red Bull, perhaps because they are being asked to sit for two hours on chairs that look as comfortable as a Tour de France competitors saddle.

David Tanner doesn't help much either, he seems incapable of real enthusiasm and clearly to me at least all things Hibs don't come easily to him, he doesn't seem capable of making even the likes of Weir and Wright seem comfortable or enthusiastic about the task in hand.

The whole thing needs brightened up and enlivened ... perhaps it's right what they say about a club reflecting the personality of it's manager .... drab, drab. drab.
    You are right, it’s an absolute disgrace.

@hibs.net private member
    Grant Stott would do a better job at presenting I reckon..: and yes the ‘studio’ is terrible, but I’m guessing they didn’t anticipate it being used as long as it has been..... I’m sure it wouldn’t cost too much to get some comfier seating and some props/memorabilia to add some character.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post

There, I’ve said it
    I was thinking more Troy McClure, but I'm with you

i just expected Tanner to be much more professional. His questions always sounds so last minute with very little thought for how he can push a conversation along. Luke Shanley would be perfect if he could share the time with Sky Sports. And the mic volume thing is annoying - they have been doing this for a while now and there really isnt any reason for the levels to be wrong all over the studio and then in comms.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    What’s so wrong with the studio? Looks great with the stadium in background and I’m surprised broadcasters don’t use it rather than transporting that portacabin into the Albion Road corner every time.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Long as we keep winning and we're on the course for Europe, Jack Ross can spend the post match interview slapping my cat.
    ...is that a euphimism? 😁
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    What’s so wrong with the studio? Looks great with the stadium in background and I’m surprised broadcasters don’t use it rather than transporting that portacabin into the Albion Road corner every time.
    Broadcasters use the walkway at the front of the south stand this season as there are no fans.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    ...is that a euphimism? 😁
    TBF if it was I don't think Jack could be accused of a lack of enthusiasm after a victory.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Only problem I have with the studio is the lack of lighting. Could do with more lights to give even coverage, always seems that the centre guest is way brighter than David and the other guest.
    Sticking a small side table for a glass of water/notes beside each chair would improve the look for set dressing.

The audio issue with David's mic is down to the initial set up. When he gets loud it is distorting badly, but fixing this is pretty much down to the mixer being used, and the facilities on it.

I'd do it for free if I was more local 😁(work in audio for an outside broadcast company in Ireland!)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I honestly think David Tanner is alright for the role that he's asked to do, I see people getting really wound up about him and I just don't really see why.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I honestly think David Tanner is alright for the role that he's asked to do, I see people getting really wound up about him and I just don't really see why.
    I cringed when he said he'd never known Keith Wright's nickname was Ted. Ok, he's not a Hibby - I wish we'd hired one - but does he do no research?

@hibs.net private member

Loving the comments even if I don't agree with most of them.

JR it's true is not the most animated and I don't think that'll change - it's just his style - but I don't give a flying one as long as he delivers on the pitch.

Re our studio I've got to agree it looks a bit spartan - why not relocate some of the comfy executive chairs from the stand as they're not getting used at the moment? And crack open the sponsor's bar and get them all slightly "oiled" in advance. David Tanner can be a bit wooden but I actually thought he was much more relaxed and fluid than usual with Weir and Wright - even surprising me with an anecdote about their former teammate Jim Leighton losing a contact lens while playing for Scotland!

I live in hope then that Tanner is now getting into his stride but one thing's for sure - the standard of guests is absolutely phenomenal! Weir & Wright, Irving Welsh - even Auld Lexo, while justifying his erstwhile tag of "Mogadon Miller" with a monotonous delivery that makes JR sound like an overexciteable radio DJ, still managed to fascinate and inspire debate with his incisive tactical analysis. Excellent work from whoever sorts these things out.

So - YES - invest in some comfier seats and give the guests a beer and a pie FFS - but otherwise keep up the good work Hibs TV!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Agree absolutely fine

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    I cringed when he said he'd never known Keith Wright's nickname was Ted. Ok, he's not a Hibby - I wish we'd hired one - but does he do no research?
    Probably quite a few Hibs fans wouldn't know that