hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also hate it JC when posters predict an easy win, especially in derby games. Invariably it goes wrong.

For me the sending off and goal came at a perfect time as they started the better by far.

I was disappointed in Murphy, he's an excellent football player but needs to do more.

Not vintage but given the situation I would have taken 2-0 before the game, I would also take 2-0 at home to Motherwell next Saturday.

Prepare yourself for another barrage of easy win predictions John
    I would be tempted to swap Nisbet for Murphy next week. Thought he looked sharp when he came on and he is clever enough to play just off the strikers I reckon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I would be tempted to swap Nisbet for Murphy next week. Thought he looked sharp when he came on and he is clever enough to play just off the strikers I reckon.
    Murphy used to play for Motherwell, and hopefully he wants to play and show them how good he is. For me i'd play Kelvin Nesbil instead of Doidge.

I know he's some peoples favourite, but i just dont see it with him. Yes he tries hard, and he battles away, but for me he is just an awful footballer, and now we have a better midfield, who play a bit further forward and control midfield better, i'd like a better footballer up top to enhance that.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Murphy used to play for Motherwell, and hopefully he wants to play and show them how good he is. For me i'd play Kelvin Nesbil instead of Doidge.

I know he's some peoples favourite, but i just dont see it with him. Yes he tries hard, and he battles away, but for me he is just an awful footballer, and now we have a better midfield, who play a bit further forward and control midfield better, i'd like a better footballer up top to enhance that.
    I certainly wouldn't be dropping Murphy while yesterday wasn't his best he is still a very creative player and a goal threat. Certainly worth considering bringing in Nisbet.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    We improved considerably when Nisbet came on. His movement is streets ahead of Doidge and he is very good at holding the ball up and actually making a positive pass. Doidge again just about scraped pass marks for me but apart from being a bit annoying to defenders doesn't really offer very much. For the umpteenth game in a row he missed another good chance. He did well setting up a chance in the box with a good shield and lay off but it was bread and butter stuff.

I would have Boyle as MOTM too. He has been our match winner so many times this season and was the main reason for our victory today. Doig was excellent too but his final ball was poor on many occasions. He has shown he can strike a ball well and has put in some great balls this year but he was floating the ball in rather than getting some pace on it.

Big Daz has made such a difference in defence. He is always in a good position and has played to his strengths. Ryan may get his best footballing lessons this season while warming the bench and will hopefully come back better and stronger

All in all a competent performance helped by a referee making the correct decisions for once.
    I agree re Nisbet and said as much elsewhere y'day. With Cadden cementing the RWB slot and Boyle in his more forward roving type role, it's Nisbet for me up front by a fair way, especially with Newell/Allan on the park. Maybe Doidge in games where we are likely to see less of the ball and more likely to be playing a long ball.

We got the benefit (for once) of two massive borderline decisions. Had we been on the receiving end of the sending off and penalty decisions for sure this place would be in meltdown calling the ref a cheat and all sorts.

First Team Breakthrough
    Good balanced report as always JB

The bench at present looks like the strongest we have had for a while.It may seem harsh but every player who get first picked has to be on his A game to keep his place.

Judging from yesterday’s performance I would put forward the following 3 player for scrutiny.

1) Paul McGinn - I saw on another thread that only James Tavernier has had more game time in the SPFL this season than Paul.He’s looks a bit jaded recently,so. it may be time to bring Porteous in as the right side of the back 3.

2) Jamie Murphy - This is where it gets harsh.I thought up to yesterday Jamie was showing good form but yesterday he made little contribution.It makes no sense that our top goal scorer,Nisbet sits on the bench for most of the game and surely has to start.Is Jamie to be the fall guy or :-

3) Christian Doidge - Christian gets praised for the physicality that he brings to the team,but let’s concentrate on why Hibs signed him in the first place.Yes for his goals which have now dried up.Young Doig was getting some criticism for crosses not having an end result.Fulton the Accies keeper was taking some of the crosses easily because there was no challenge on him,which is where Doidge should have been.Is he to be the fall guy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Good balanced report as always JB

The bench at present looks like the strongest we have had for a while.It may seem harsh but every player who get first picked has to be on his A game to keep his place.

Judging from yesterday’s performance I would put forward the following 3 player for scrutiny.

1) Paul McGinn - I saw on another thread that only James Tavernier has had more game time in the SPFL this season than Paul.He’s looks a bit jaded recently,so. it may be time to bring Porteous in as the right side of the back 3.

2) Jamie Murphy - This is where it gets harsh.I thought up to yesterday Jamie was showing good form but yesterday he made little contribution.It makes no sense that our top goal scorer,Nisbet sits on the bench for most of the game and surely has to start.Is Jamie to be the fall guy or :-

3) Christian Doidge - Christian gets praised for the physicality that he brings to the team,but let’s concentrate on why Hibs signed him in the first place.Yes for his goals which have now dried up.Young Doig was getting some criticism for crosses not having an end result.Fulton the Accies keeper was taking some of the crosses easily because there was no challenge on him,which is where Doidge should have been.Is he to be the fall guy ?
    These are all excellent thoughts, worthy of debate

The bench does indeed look the strongest it’s been for a long time.

I tend to agree re Paul McGinn and feel he needs a rest, based on tiredness rather than form. Murphy disappointed yesterday and I’d have made the change earlier. Doidge does so much good work both in attack and defence but it is worrying that the goals have dried up.
    This is how it feels

Blog Entries
    Thanks John. Some random thoughts.
    1. I expected Boyle to go down the middle with his pen. To hit it in exact same place as last time was a bit naive. I haven't felt comfortable with him on pens & hopefully someone else can step up.
    2. We need to get game time into Porto & Nisbet. They're our best sellable assets but their value will decline staying on the bench. Nisbet for Doidge is a no brainer to me. Christian's great work ethos can't really compensate for his other failings. Porto can step in for either Daz or McGinn to keep everyone fresh.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Felt sorry for Gigi’s getting dropped, we looked weaker without him until the sending off.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Felt sorry for Gigi’s getting dropped, we looked weaker without him until the sending off.
    Well it was a fairly girly musical. It should have no role in Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Well it was a fairly girly musical. It should have no role in Scottish football.
    Very nice Italian food in Bonnyrigg at Gigi's

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    The shape seemed to involve three at the back, three in midfield with Murphy and Boyle roaming the area behind Christian Doidge.
    I'm all for tactical innovation, but starting with a 3-3-3 formation is a step too far for me. Ross out.

I’m an innovator 😂
    This is how it feels