hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Josh Doig

Delighted with this news
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    This has been a great week for Hibs off the pitch with Joe and Josh signing contract extensions .Goes without saying that we need to keep the feel good factor going with a win against Motherwell hopefully combined with a Dons defeat.Cmon Hibs.

Testimonial Due
    Great news. Ron's signing policy now coming through. Employees most valuable asset and key investment.

@hibs.net private member
    Irvine next???

First Team Regular Corstorphine Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done Hibs, i believe Josh is the first Hibs player who's ever signed an extension to his contract.
    No he's not. But we have McGinn, Boyle, Newall, Stevenson and now Doig all signing extensions this season. I know that you're an attention seeker, but i think that there's definitely something different going on this season. It may be the players, it may be Ron, but the fact that these first team players are signing contract extensions feels very different to me.

Very good news. A player of real promise and seems a hell of a nice laddie too.

Quote Originally Posted by Corstorphine Hibby View Post
    No he's not. But we have McGinn, Boyle, Newall, Stevenson and now Doig all signing extensions this season. I know that you're an attention seeker, but i think that there's definitely something different going on this season. It may be the players, it may be Ron, but the fact that these first team players are signing contract extensions feels very different to me.
    Every word spot on.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corstorphine Hibby View Post
    Have we ever had players in past seasons who have signed extensions to their current contract, or have Hibs deliberately let them run their contracts down and done nothing about it?

Or have the club done what every other club does, and offer contracts to players who we want to keep, and not offer players contracts who we dont?

Feels exactly the same as every season to me, players sign who want to sign, see Newell and Doig, and players who dont want to sign yet, see Rocky, dont.

Simple really.

Have we ever had players in past seasons who have signed extensions to their current contract, or have Hibs deliberately let them run their contracts down and done nothing about it?

Or have the club done what every other club does, and offer contracts to players who we want to keep, and not offer players contracts who we dont?

Feels exactly the same as every season to me, players sign who want to sign, see Newell and Doig, and players who dont want to sign yet, see Rocky, dont.

Simple really.
    I dont think all is lost with Rocky yet tbh a couple of weeks ago we all that Joe Newell was leaving and see how that's turned out. Mrs Rocky loves Edinburgh so I'm still fairly optimistic he will stay

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I dont think all is lost with Rocky yet tbh a couple of weeks ago we all that Joe Newell was leaving and see how that's turned out. Mrs Rocky loves Edinburgh so I'm still fairly optimistic he will stay
    I hope so, he's a good keeper, and compared to some of the dross we've had in the past, he's as reliable as i've seen since Leighton and Goram.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    He said a few weeks ago he knows his worth So clearly Hibs haven’t yet made an offer he considers has met that
    Think he has improved and any new contract will need to reflect that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great interview with Josh now up on HTV and Recast.

Comes across like a really nice young guy, with a measured humility and maturity when talking about his career. He knows he's talented, but also knows that the environment we've got at Hibs isn't one to take for granted and he's still got plenty of learning to do here. Love his enthusiasm.

He'll go far.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Here’s hoping that doesn’t mean he ends up doing not much but managing York City
    Billy started out looking like another great prospect, he had loads of talent, Hibs played him in just about every position at the time. I think he also has something to do with looking after the ex Hibs players so not to shabby a life and future in the game. Josh still has a long way to go I was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Jack has looked after him very well and must take a lot of the credit in his rapid rise.
    Ha I did wonder last week when Ross mentioned he was surprised there hadn’t been more hype around him. Obvs the contract was in the bag.

Simple really.
    I cant remember Hibs ever renewing this many players by this stage. Never. I think Hibs are quite clearly being more proactive with this, keeping on top of it and offering players very competitive wages to stay. I don't get why you are so offended by that suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I cant remember Hibs ever renewing this many players by this stage. Never. I think Hibs are quite clearly being more proactive with this, keeping on top of it and offering players very competitive wages to stay. I don't get why you are so offended by that suggestion.
    I'm not offended at all.

I'm not offended at all.
    Ah really, just seemed that way. Multiple smart arsed comments, going on about it for days etc. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Ah really, just seemed that way. Multiple smart arsed comments, going on about it for days etc. My mistake.
    Apology accepted.