hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 198

Thread: Josh Doig

  1. #61
    Hibs have become much more proactive with contracts recently. I think losing some good players for either nothing or much less than we should have got has hit home.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,345
    Brilliant news.

  4. #63
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,183
    Give him a bigger pay day on a longer contract and it'll mean we get a lot more money for him if offers come in, nothing more than he deserves though.

  5. #64
    @hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,818
    I hope he signs.

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fantastic player, really hope we hold onto him.

    Are we his boyhood team or is it them?
    Them!

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    18,450
    Quote Originally Posted by andudare2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Them!

    Baffling that they released him 18 months ago. The talk about Hickey moving on had already started back then and the timing was perfect for Josh to replace him in their team.

    Ah well.

  8. #67
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,533
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs have become much more proactive with contracts recently. I think losing some good players for either nothing or much less than we should have got has hit home.
    Not so sure about that. Maybe we publicise it more.

    Every chance we will lose Rocky, Irvine and Newell for nothing in the summer.

  9. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not so sure about that. Maybe we publicise it more.

    Every chance we will lose Rocky, Irvine and Newell for nothing in the summer.
    Irvine was a 6 month deal. We cant really be proactive with him.

    I think we probably have tried with Newall and Rocky but sometimes it isn't meant to be. I actually think both will stay. European groupstages is a massive gamechanger.

  10. #69
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,533
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irvine was a 6 month deal. We cant really be proactive with him.

    I think we probably have tried with Newall and Rocky but sometimes it isn't meant to be. I actually think both will stay. European groupstages is a massive gamechanger.
    I hope you are right. We are going to need a big squad next season if we are in Europe until Christmas.

  11. #70
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    18,450
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irvine was a 6 month deal. We cant really be proactive with him.

    I think we probably have tried with Newall and Rocky but sometimes it isn't meant to be. I actually think both will stay. European groupstages is a massive gamechanger.

    Fair comment.

    Would be amazing if all three sign contract extensions. As you say, Europe would be a great incentive for them to stay.

  12. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not so sure about that. Maybe we publicise it more.

    Every chance we will lose Rocky, Irvine and Newell for nothing in the summer.
    They are keeping their options open especially Irvine.
    All players are generally as loyal as their options.
    In the end they will all do what is best for them no matter what they say.

  13. #72
    Would be brilliant to have him tied up on a longer and better deal.

    I actually think hes going to go on a bit of a scoring spree now. You could tell after he scored the goal how much more he wanted to get in the box and was driving forward.

    Having someone of his size arriving late at the back post is a real threat and I think his goal will make him grow in confidence.

    It really is quite incredible the progress hes made in 6 months.

    Ive said on numerous times how the first couple of games I wasnt convinced. It seemed more like we were forcing him into the team in the hope he would be good. He was poor defensively and although hed bomb forward there was no real quality or composure.

    That was clearly nerves and getting used to first team football.

    Now he takes men on and whips great crosses in. Even on Saturday he showed great skill when the defender was quickly onto him, he nipped it round one side and ran round the other. The performances hes put in especially against Tavernier, Frimpong etc show how good he is especially against better opposition.

    He dominated the whole left flank.

    He could go all the way to the top, he has everything and is still growing.

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    6,048
    Really hope he signs an extension great young player and managed brilliantly by JR this season.

    Took him out of the team earlier on when he started struggling a bit and has came back in and not looked out of place

  15. #74
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,489
    New contract incoming for Newell

  16. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irvine was a 6 month deal. We cant really be proactive with him.

    I think we probably have tried with Newall and Rocky but sometimes it isn't meant to be. I actually think both will stay. European groupstages is a massive gamechanger.
    One down, one to go.

  17. #76
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,126
    He will stay. Hearts should rightly be spewing. Maybe we could nab Irvine off them also and have the two Portys and Porto in the side.

  18. #77
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scoopsville
    Age
    61
    Posts
    10,089
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will stay. Hearts should rightly be spewing. Maybe we could nab Irvine off them also and have the two Portys and Porto in the side.
    You've completely lost me with that sentence

  19. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will stay. Hearts should rightly be spewing. Maybe we could nab Irvine off them also and have the two Portys and Porto in the side.
    Hes about 10 levels below Newell.

  20. #79
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs have become much more proactive with contracts recently. I think losing some good players for either nothing or much less than we should have got has hit home.
    What players would you be referring to ?

  21. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What players would you be referring to ?
    McGeouch, Cummings and McGinn automatically come to mind.

  22. #81
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,126
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've completely lost me with that sentence
    Doig and Irving - Porty. And Porto. I amuse myself sometimes mate. Makes sense to me 🤣

  23. #82
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,126
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hes about 10 levels below Newell.
    Hes a brilliant wee footballer wasted at they knuckledraggers.

  24. #83
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scoopsville
    Age
    61
    Posts
    10,089
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doig and Irving - Porty. And Porto. I amuse myself sometimes mate. Makes sense to me 🤣
    With you now, I was thinking Irvine as opposed to Irving.

  25. #84
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,126
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With you now, I was thinking Irvine as opposed to Irving.
    👌

  26. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hes a brilliant wee footballer wasted at they knuckledraggers.
    He really isnt. Watching him anytime hes on the tele and hes miles behind Newell. His highlights reel is alright as he puts a decent delivery in now and again, 90% of his crosses and passes are overhit, zero defensive ability and its showing weekly.

  27. #86
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,486
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He really isnt. Watching him anytime hes on the tele and hes miles behind Newell. His highlights reel is alright as he puts a decent delivery in now and again, 90% of his crosses and passes are overhit, zero defensive ability and its showing weekly.
    Hes plenty ability IMO, is pretty highly rated and part of the Scotland u-21 set up prior to lockdown.
    Think hes playing with the wrong team myself but I know he is Hearts daft and has been there since he was very young so I doubt youll need to bother too much about him heading to us anytime soon.

  28. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doig and Irving - Porty. And Porto. I amuse myself sometimes mate. Makes sense to me 🤣
    Irving hates the Hibs... not a chance he would come to us. I actually think he is decent but we are looking at levels above that now.

  29. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What players would you be referring to ?
    McGeouch, Mcginn, Fyvie, Scott Allan first time left with a year, plenty others too. We seem a bit smarter in that department now.

  30. #89
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scoopsville
    Age
    61
    Posts
    10,089
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McGeouch, Mcginn, Fyvie, Scott Allan first time left with a year, plenty others too. We seem a bit smarter in that department now.
    I think we are doing better but at the end of the day you can't make a player sign a contract.

    Of the ones you mention I'm pretty sure they were all offered contracts.

  31. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we are doing better but at the end of the day you can't make a player sign a contract.

    Of the ones you mention I'm pretty sure they were all offered contracts.
    But were they offered deals before other clubs were sniffing around? Could we have added a year to eaches deal after the Scottish cup win for example?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)