hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Dons Statement - eye watering 90% wages to turnover...

ouch!

https://twitter.com/aberdeenfc/status/1361023883281899521?s=21

sorry predictive text is crop. Cant seem to change the “Done” to “Dons”
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 14-02-2021 at 07:33 PM.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

That's crazy and things seem far from rosy in the garden.

If we can finish 3rd this year and pick up the European payday then we really could start to motor away from them. They are all but saying costs have to be cut and quickly.

Serves them right for gazumping most of the players we were trying to sign at start of season. Hell mend them, paying over the odds in wages to ensure they signed them & not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's crazy and things seem far from rosy in the garden.

If we can finish 3rd this year and pick up the European payday then we really could start to motor away from them. They are all but saying costs have to be cut and quickly.
    when folks are doing bat-**** crazy stuff like that ratio (I’m assuming that’s the impact of COViD and would not ordinarily be the case) then you can’t be going toe-to-toe with them unless you have a lower cost base or higher. In a game of last-man standing then just let them punch themselves out.

Doesn’t seem like they are cutting their cloth. That could end in tears should third elude them.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Serves them right for gazumping most of the players we were trying to sign at start of season. Hell mend them, paying over the odds in wages to ensure they signed them & not us.
    Yup “break the bank” should really be wiped from sensible football parlance

RBS edged out Barclays in purchasing AMB-Ambro. That turned out to be a millstone for RBS that would bring them down. Winners curse. Know your budget abs stick to it. Look at Nisbet - we knew when to walk away.

Bottled out of their Q&A because they knew they'd be in for a tough time.

Thanks Admins for fixing the title!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Our own wage/turnover ratio will probably be well higher than the normal 60ish%. This is to be expected given the reduced income.

They're becoming a bit of a joke now..

Now there are suspicions that the club are putting up pro-McInnes banners..

https://twitter.com/In_Ludo_Veritas/...998850560?s=19

Aberdeen glory years coming to an end. Club on a natural decline. Had a good 7/8 year run at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Our own wage/turnover ratio will probably be well higher than the normal 60ish%. This is to be expected given the reduced income.
    yup I guess with our folks on shorter term contracts our liability is not a long term one. We’ve taken care on signing the likes of Jackson and co til end of season curious to see what our turnover to wages ratio is. Will have been a welcome boost to have any increases in HSL payments and hopefully ones that are sustained.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    ouch!

https://twitter.com/aberdeenfc/status/1361023883281899521?s=21

sorry predictive text is crop. Cant seem to change the “Done” to “Dons”

McCormack showing his lack of experience in football here. 90% wages to turnover is financial suicide for a football club. Hope for the Don's fans he's got deep pockets.
    You can see why they've shelved the New Stadium plans and why McInnes's coat is on a shoogly peg now - reality they probably can't afford to pay him up. Quick check online and his contracts until June 2022. If they're spending that much they should definitely have been pushing Celtic for 2nd given the season they've had.

Add to that they are one of the most boring teams in the league to watch. Style of football is eye bleeding.

"We’ve never gone into administration or been liquidated"

Meow, makes you wonder what's going on if they're throwing that sort of line around in official statements!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Aberdeen glory years coming to an end. Club on a natural decline. Had a good 7/8 year run at it.
    And won nothing since 2014.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post

Meow, makes you wonder what's going on if they're throwing that sort of line around in official statements!
    Even mentioning that should sound alarm bells.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    ... and the season before that - and the season before that etc ...

I read it as a dig at Rangers and others ?

Who owns the dons stadium ?

Considering they claim to have 100,000 fans.. why are their ST sales always pretty low over the last few years ? I’m not saying they aren’t well supported but it’s odd - even if they moved to a new stadium - attendances could even go down if folk take to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Wonder if it’s a nudge to encourage those that can to up their donations...

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Wouldn’t gloat too much mind you. Our finances will be similarly awful this year. Only points of relative comfort for me are:

- We have more ST holders. However they have more income via AberDNA.
    - We will have a smaller wage bill but probably not by much.
    - We have had a couple of cup runs.
    - We turned down a £3m bid for Nisbet, so thinking we must be comfortable enough to weather it out.

Third place is massive this year. For Hibs the prize money for Europa or Conference League will equate to c.50% of our usual annual turnover. That would be massive in offsetting this seasons losses. Chuck inevitable Nisbet and Porteous sales on top of that and we will probably be alright.

Not a fan of that ‘stand free’ nonsense.

Have they got anyone to sell? Lewis Ferguson maybe?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Their model clearly isn’t sustainable in normal times never mind now. They will have to cut back going forward which bodes well for us. Although they have taken in a good amount of money the last few windows for the likes of McKenna and Cosgrove so that should help in the short term you’d imagine.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Wouldn’t gloat too much mind you. Our finances will be similarly awful this year. Only points of relative comfort for me are:

- We have more ST holders. However they have more income via AberDNA.
    - We will have a smaller wage bill but probably not by much.
    - We have had a couple of cup runs.
    - We turned down a £3m bid for Nisbet, so thinking we must be comfortable enough to weather it out.

Third place is massive this year. For Hibs the prize money for Europa or Conference League will equate to c.50% of our usual annual turnover. That would be massive in offsetting this seasons losses. Chuck inevitable Nisbet and Porteous sales on top of that and we will probably be alright.
    And we had insurance which helped cover wages during the lockdown

McInnes has a year left on his contract, I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept him to see that out then looked elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Their model clearly isn’t sustainable in normal times never mind now. They will have to cut back going forward which bodes well for us. Although they have taken in a good amount of money the last few windows for the likes of McKenna and Cosgrove so that should help in the short term you’d imagine.

I’ve long argued that the football authorities have been asleep at the wheel. Consistently done little to promote sustainability.

they should introduce stress-tests like banks so clubs can show the impact if they had to rely on ST/gate-receipts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    That's what I thought! The big stadium sell off plan is a disaster now.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I read it as a dig at Rangers and others ?

Who owns the dons stadium ?

Considering they claim to have 100,000 fans.. why are their ST sales always pretty low over the last few years ? I’m not saying they aren’t well supported but it’s odd - even if they moved to a new stadium - attendances could even go down if folk take to it.
    Yeah, but to me it sounds like a drunk desperate girlfriend screaming insults in the street because she knows there's bad news coming - or is that just me? :)

3rd place is vital obviously but the long term effect of stopping much needed cash for others cannot be underestimated.

It has been a puzzle to me how Aberdeen manage to outspend Hibs on wages and transfers when their attendances are nowhere near what Hibs (and Hearts for that matter) have been achieving.

It has become very annoying that every time Hibs show interest in a particular player (eg Ross McCrorie) that Aberdeen appear out of the ether and gazump Hibs. This has been happening for years now.

I really hope that Aberdeen come to a sticky end. Not sufficient to put them out of business but enough to put them on a par with St Mirren and Kilmarnock.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    It has been a puzzle to me how Aberdeen manage to outspend Hibs on wages and transfers when their attendances are nowhere near what Hibs (and Hearts for that matter) have been achieving.

It has become very annoying that every time Hibs show interest in a particular player (eg Ross McCrorie) that Aberdeen appear out of the ether and gazump Hibs. This has been happening for years now.

I really hope that Aberdeen come to a sticky end. Not sufficient to put them out of business but enough to put them on a par with St Mirren and Kilmarnock.

and Cove Rangers, the future of football in Aberdeen

On another thread I was scoffed at for suggesting Cormack was no longer in a position to under-write Aberdeen from within his own resources. That statement should be ringing alarm bells loud and clear in the north east. They are on the brink as the liquidity has dried up. Imagine getting a 10pt deduction and being outside the top 6...

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

Ditto.Never really could figure out how Aberdeens finances and turn over was so far ahead of Hibs given our respective Home attendances.The only factor I think was that they generated alot more than Hibs from Hospitality and corporate stuff. None of that is available to them courtesy of Covid so maybe that goes some way to explaining why they are struggling financially

@hibs.net private member
    I wonder if they have more donations on their fan group then we do with HSL?