hibs.net Messageboard

Coaching Staff

Good podcast - Douglas Anderson

Sorry if link has already been posted, but a great podcast (Life Goals) with guest Dougie Anderson who some may know from 5 Live's 'Fighting Talk' and other shows.

The older posters will appreciate many of his early 80's observations about Hibs and going to games

It's split into two episodes......some good music content too for the music aficionados it'll bring back mullet and leg warmer memories

https://pod.link/1478646530/episode/...68d9c97d124ca5

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry if link has already been posted, but a great podcast (Life Goals) with guest Dougie Anderson who some may know from 5 Live's 'Fighting Talk' and other shows.

The older posters will appreciate many of his early 80's observations about Hibs and going to games

It's split into two episodes......some good music content too for the music aficionados it'll bring back mullet and leg warmer memories

Not listened to it yet but Life Goals has a lot of good content.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Not listened to it yet but Life Goals has a lot of good content.
    I think you'll really enjoy it BH, Dougie is so enthusiastic and adds genuine warmth and humour to being a football (and Hibs) fan.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Life goals is an excellent podcast - will enjoy this episode I’m sure as been waiting in some Hibs content.

Left by mutual consent!
    I met Douglas back in the 90s. Good bloke.

I dipped in and out of that podcast, fast forwarding to the Hibs bits but his experience of the Scottish Cup win - as well as the context he puts it in re his dad - is great and very funny. Switching off the TV at 2-1 Rangers and putting on a Nick Drake album for 'self preservation' made me laugh. Mind you, as he points out, the lyrics of opening track were remarkably appropriate for long-suffering Hibs fans and their relationship with the Scottish Cup at that particular moment in time:

Time has told me
    You're a rare find
    A troubled cure
    For a troubled mind

And time has told me
    Not to ask for more
    For someday our ocean
    Will find its shore.

Thanks for the recommendation - I've never heard of him or the podcast, but I really enjoyed it - many very funny moments and I'm a few years older than him, but some great memories.

The story about Dalgleish and Souness is classic.

I'll listen to more of these.

Gamer IDs

Listened to it now. Its a great listen and like a lot of us his story of his cup final day and what it meant mirrors a lot of us. Found myself getting emotional again just hearing his account.

Life Goals is a great podcast can highly recommend it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Listened to it now. Its a great listen and like a lot of us his story of his cup final day and what it meant mirrors a lot of us. Found myself getting emotional again just hearing his account.

Life Goals is a great podcast can highly recommend it.
    The story about his 70-something mum going to watch the open-topped bus and coming across other widows, bereaved mothers and sisters was very touching.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Really enjoyed this double episode - and the background and aftermath of the 2016 Cup Final was a powerful and quite emotional listen.

Great stuff

A great listen. Many thanks for that.

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks for this - really good listen.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Really enjoyed that. Perfect accompaniment to this morning's hoovering, albeit I had to have a wee break during the discussion of SDG's goal.

Actually met Dougie a couple of times when he must have been about 17/18, as he was friends with my mate's sister. Remember him being a nice guy and was really pleased for him when he started doing well for himself.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Good listen thanks for posting

Been on loads of Scotland away gigs and the story of the two Scotland fans heckling the French Waiter who obviously disnae give a f#ck about fitba is spot on

Worth listening to for 21-5-2016 alone

He's on Fighting Talk a lot, as is Pat Nevin, so we get a disproportionate number of mentions on that show compared to most UK teams. Always enjoy his offbeat humour and cultural reference points.

Gamer IDs

Latest Life Goals has Noel Gallagher in a 2 part episode.

First one just dropped and I found it brilliant. Lots of swearing mind

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

This is a great listen.
    He is younger than me but his loves and obsessions mirror mine.
    The difference is he is a wonderful verbal communicator. His words paint an eloquent and vivid picture.
    If you love Hibs, football and music you will love listening to this.
    The stories in it mentioned by posters above are highlights.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 23-07-2021 at 01:22 PM.