hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Scott Allan

On the social media pages talking about the heart condition that kept him out for so long. Glad he’s back in training and looking forward to seeing him get game time again. Top man.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Just watched this, what a guy, hopefully he's back firing on all cylinders soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watched this, what a guy, hopefully he's back firing on all cylinders soon
    Just watched it so brave. I prey to see him play again for Hibs again and soon.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    A really open interview. It must have been so tough for him at the time being diagnosed with this and the uncertainty around it.
    Mon the Hibs.

Great stuff. The sky sports interview is so much better though. We need to get Luke Sharkey doing all out media.

An inspiration not only to our young fans, but every single one of us. Faced adversity right through his career and still finding the courage to soldier on. I’m just glad he’s ours.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Amazing that he’s managed to come back as he has to be honest. Shows how much he loves the game as sounds like he is taking a fairly big (but managed) risk to keep playing. Very inspirational. Before his hiatus he was looking knackered at points, so this completely explains it/thank goodness it was picked up.

Delighted Scott is back playing for us in any capacity, he’s a special player. Main priority is making sure nothing deteriorates first and foremost for his health and everything else comes after.

What a brave man. Can't wait to see him gracing the pitch again.

Absolutely amazing he is back playing. There are a couple of well known events involving footballer that were as a result of the same condition.

I think this highlights why situations like this should see the player dictate the narrative and tell the story on their terms.

He's already a pretty inspirational guy given the career he has managed with diabetes and this just adds to that. Obviously from a selfish point of view I hope he gets back to his best for Hibs but more importantly I hope he enjoys the rest of his career wherever it takes him. He deserves to.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    What was/is the problem? I won't be able to watch the interview until later today.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    What was/is the problem? I won't be able to watch the interview until later today.
    'Diagnosed with hypertrophic cardio myopathy, a thickening of the heart’s walls that lead to tiring easily, struggling for breath and becoming dizzy.'

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Absolutely amazing he is back playing. There are a couple of well known events involving footballer that were as a result of the same condition.

I think this highlights why situations like this should see the player dictate the narrative and tell the story on their terms.

He's already a pretty inspirational guy given the career he has managed with diabetes and this just adds to that. Obviously from a selfish point of view I hope he gets back to his best for Hibs but more importantly I hope he enjoys the rest of his career wherever it takes him. He deserves to.

Excellent comment and exactly the way I feel.

I think he started in a friendly against Dunfermline at Alloa earlier this week. The game was arranged to give players who had not been getting a lot of playing time some practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    'Diagnosed with hypertrophic cardio myopathy, a thickening of the heart’s walls that lead to tiring easily, struggling for breath and becoming dizzy.'
    Explains his tiredness and drop off in form. Brave and lovely young man. I love Scott Allan as a footballer and person.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 19-02-2021 at 07:26 AM.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Can it be treated?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    My favourite player in recent seasons has been Lewis Stevenson, he really is Mr Hibs, but the player i have enjoyed watching most since signing for us is Scott Allan.

He has wonderful feet, and the eye for a pass we've not seen at the club in a very long time.

Hopefully he can get back to full fitness, get back in the team on merit, but if not i hope he keeps healthy and is able to continue with life as normal as possible.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    OK thanks.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Where is the interview?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Where is the interview?

Hibs TV on Twitter and here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IURhRCKBZu8

Mon Scotty! Will be great to see you back on the park playing for Hibs.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Where is the interview?
    You're welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURhRCKBZu8

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Can it be treated?
    Treatment depends on the severity J. I have family members who have it and one quite severe. Beta blockers a can be used to manage the heart rate but other than regular monitoring there is not really any other major treatments (yet). I’m surprised he is still playing if I’m honest as even in its mildest form, elite sport is not recommended.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Now we can fully understand his fight and see he is a true footballing embodiment of perseverance.
    Well played Scott.

Quite humbling to watch that and absolutely amazing that he is back in contention with the issues he deals with.

Think the fact everyone could see at the time something wasn`t right,lots of people I knew and probably some comments on here were "he`s blown oot his erse" half way through a game,so glad they found the cause and have come up with a way to get him through this and hopefully keep the condition
    under control,I like others heard the rumours that we may never see him play again and so glad that we have the chance to get him back in the team again.....even if its cameo appearances for the rest of the season from the bench all we need is a wee bit of
    the magic of the Locksmith

Onwards and Upwards Scotty!

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    It goes to show we don't know what is going on in a players personal life and we never consider that there may be an issue when dishing out criticism of them if their performances are not up to scratch. Scott a fair bit of stick about his performance, not being fit enough to see out a full game etc a while back and now we see why.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    If that's his condition, I'm frankly surprised he's allowed to be back playing. There's a long history of this condition killing healthy players, dropping them in a second in the middle of a game/training session - it's unpredictable, and almost guaranteed to be fatal if he experiences a major event.

In most of those cases though, it was undiagnosed until after the fact - I hope there's a robust monitoring/treatment regime in process to help Scott during training and games since it HAS been caught.

Very brave and unfortunate young lad.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Very open and brave to talk about that. Didn’t have to felt he needed to.

Wish him all the best in his career and beyond.

With everything he’s managed to overcome and still become a professional athlete I’ve no doubt he’ll carry on. Persevere Scotty !

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    My favourite player in recent seasons has been Lewis Stevenson, he really is Mr Hibs, but the player i have enjoyed watching most since signing for us is Scott Allan.

He has wonderful feet, and the eye for a pass we've not seen at the club in a very long time.

Hopefully he can get back to full fitness, get back in the team on merit, but if not i hope he keeps healthy and is able to continue with life as normal as possible.

There always has to be a place in a Hibs team for a player with Scott's level of ability when he's fit, an exciting entertaining player who can genuinely change a game for us.

Delighted when he's in good health, for him as much as for Hibs.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 19-02-2021 at 08:47 AM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    If that's his condition, I'm frankly surprised he's allowed to be back playing. There's a long history of this condition killing healthy players, dropping them in a second in the middle of a game/training session - it's unpredictable, and almost guaranteed to be fatal if he experiences a major event.

In most of those cases though, it was undiagnosed until after the fact - I hope there's a robust monitoring/treatment regime in process to help Scott during training and games since it HAS been caught.

Very brave and unfortunate young lad.
    And yet is does say in the interview that a lot of players have went on to fulfill a long career after being diagnosed. Don't you believe the medical experts that have game him the green light to continue playing?