hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ross County Game

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but is there any date been given for the rearranged game? I'm hoping it will be PPV too?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I hope it is PPV then we have a chance to break the world record for away fans ever, recently set in the highlands, im just worried we dont have a million fans to have a go at it...Ill get on to Norris McWhirter just in case

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apologies if this has already been discussed, but is there any date been given for the rearranged game? I'm hoping it will be PPV too?
    I think they are waiting to hear if the next round of the Scottish cup has postponed, which is on the weekend of 13th March

Defo be a PPV. Guessing it'll be on March 13th.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    I hope it is PPV then we have a chance to break the world record for away fans ever, recently set in the highlands, im just worried we dont have a million fans to have a go at it...Ill get on to Norris McWhirter just in case
    There's no need to exaggerate.

400 000 fans would do it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

As long as it's not chosen by Sky (it won't be) then it will be on PPV.

Don't see why the game couldn't be played on Wednesday. It's 7 degrees in Dingwall at the moment so surely the snow has gone. I think there have been a few games cancelled and then played 2 or 3 days later hasn't there? Much easier to do when there are no fans to take into consideration.

You'd think Ross County would want to get it played ASAP given they're currently in the relegation position and you never know when Rangers players might tick Nicola Sturgeon off enough to make her stop the league.
    Last edited by 007; 15-02-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Unless it's on sky sports it'll be ppv.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    could the two clubs not have agreed to play it this week, it was a flippin heatwave today fgs

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Don't see why the game couldn't be played on Wednesday. It's 7 degrees in Dingwall at the moment so surely the snow has gone. I think there have been a few games cancelled and then played 2 or 3 days later hasn't there? Much easier to do when there are no fans to take into consideration.

You'd think Ross County would want to get it played ASAP given they're currently in the relegation position and you never know when Rangers players might tick Nicola Sturgeon off enough to make her stop the league.
    Ross County would be safe because the lower leagues haven't played enough games yet for there to be any promotion. Remember the stushie about promotion/relegation last year when more games had been played?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I’m not sure why either club would want to play an extra midweek game for no reason at all, especially when there’s going to be a free weekend to play it on next month

I must have been so wrapped up in Hibs transfer activity that I completely missed Ross Stewart's 300k move to Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    I’m not sure why either club would want to play an extra midweek game for no reason at all, especially when there’s going to be a free weekend to play it on next month
    Because that might get used for the Scottish Cup. As ever the teams will do what suits them best.
    As things stand Saturdays opponents Hamilton will have played 2 games in the 14 day period since we last played. We will certainly be fresher which should see us ease our way to 3 points if Irvine has recovered from the judo throw on him against Aberdeen.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 16-02-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Because that might get used for the Scottish Cup. As ever the teams will do what suits them best.
    As things stand Saturdays opponents Hamilton will have played 2 games in the 14 day period since we last played. We will certainly be fresher which should see us ease our way to 3 points if Irvine has recovered from the judo throw on him against Aberdeen.
    Until we get clarification on when the lower league teams are allowed to play, I’m presuming the 13th March will be pencilled in for the Ross County game

As an aside, does anyone think the semis and finals of this years Scottish Cup, will be played next season

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Until we get clarification on when the lower league teams are allowed to play, I’m presuming the 13th March will be pencilled in for the Ross County game

As an aside, does anyone think the semis and finals of this years Scottish Cup, will be played next season
    Can't see them getting played this season. Could be a problem with European football until Christmas, league and cup final.

What a great problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    There’s absolutely no chance of that being used for Scottish cup now. They aren’t even deciding on whether or not the lower leagues can restart until the end of this month.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Game been confirmed for March 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    Game been confirmed for March 13th.

That surely means they're not going to play the Scottish Cup this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    That surely means they're not going to play the Scottish Cup this season.
    We’ve now lost 3 rounds, plus still outstanding round one games
    Got dates for semi and final
    No way will it be completed this season, and if any rounds are to be played, will depend on when lower leagues start

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    We’ve now lost 3 rounds, plus still outstanding round one games
    Got dates for semi and final
    No way will it be completed this season, and if any rounds are to be played, will depend on when lower leagues start
    All round one ties have been completed but there's still 12 round two ties to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    All round one ties have been completed but there's still 12 round two ties to be played.
    That’s what I meant😀

Wasn't there a suggestion that the Scottish Cup could be cut back to Premiership and Championship clubs only and cram the games in to a short timescale?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Wasn't there a suggestion that the Scottish Cup could be cut back to Premiership and Championship clubs only and cram the games in to a short timescale?
    Hope not. It’s not the lower leagues clubs fault that they’ve been stopped from playing, let alone binned from the National cup competition. Was bad enough when they went public pre season regarding their proposal to limit the lower league clubs’ involvement via a ballot, thankfully that idea got squashed. This one would be even worse IMO.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Hope not. It’s not the lower leagues clubs fault that they’ve been stopped from playing, let alone binned from the National cup competition. Was bad enough when they went public pre season regarding their proposal to limit the lower league clubs’ involvement via a ballot, thankfully that idea got squashed. This one would be even worse IMO.
    I read somewhere that the proposal came from the lower league clubs themselves. I can't remember where though so it might be nonsense.

In saying that it does sort of make sense. Realistically they've basically no chance of winning and the cash boost from even a wee cup run or a draw against a "big" club won't be anything like normal with no gate receipts.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I read somewhere that the proposal came from the lower league clubs themselves. I can't remember where though so it might be nonsense.

In saying that it does sort of make sense. Realistically they've basically no chance of winning and the cash boost from even a wee cup run or a draw against a "big" club won't be anything like normal with no gate receipts.
    Potential for televised games, increased prize money for winning a game etc. Try telling a club like Bonnyrigg that it would’ve made sense to cut the entry right back this year, gained money by being on tele, while running a top championship club close. The Scottish cup is open for all senior clubs, and if they were to pander to the big clubs and shut the smaller clubs out then it would be the end of it for me. These clubs have spent thousands upon thousands to become full SFA members and don’t deserve the door to be shut in their face.

The original proposals pre season were from the SFA themselves, rightfully shot down. I’ve not seen anything regarding these latest proposals so wouldn’t know who started them, but I stand by it, if they try and limit who plays in the competition then the whole thing should be scrapped.

@hibs.net private member
    Potential for televised games, increased prize money for winning a game etc. Try telling a club like Bonnyrigg that it would’ve made sense to cut the entry right back this year, gained money by being on tele, while running a top championship club close. The Scottish cup is open for all senior clubs, and if they were to pander to the big clubs and shut the smaller clubs out then it would be the end of it for me. These clubs have spent thousands upon thousands to become full SFA members and don’t deserve the door to be shut in their face.

The original proposals pre season were from the SFA themselves, rightfully shot down. I’ve not seen anything regarding these latest proposals so wouldn’t know who started them, but I stand by it, if they try and limit who plays in the competition then the whole thing should be scrapped.
    Well said.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    You would think there would still be options to utilise midweek games

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Saturday March 13th, was that a Scottish Cup weekend originally?

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Saturday March 13th, was that a Scottish Cup weekend originally?
    Yes quarter finals.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

We should make next season’s league cup a straight knockout tournament and play the Scottish cup at the start of the season.

United we stand here....