hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Testimonial Due
    The Old Firm's success is based on sectarianism and the continued fostering of it. Glasgow has a population 1.5 times that of Edinburgh but the old firm attract 112,000 thousand fans compared to an average of around 38,000 combined for Hibs and Hearts. The Old Firms global fan base is similarly huge and again rooted n sectarianism. The gate revenues and them taking the majority of the TV money explains their dominance. Nothing else

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    To summarise :

One of Scotland’s most miserable men makes some cheerless negative comments dripping with bitterness.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Old Firm's success is based on sectarianism and the continued fostering of it. Glasgow has a population 1.5 times that of Edinburgh but the old firm attract 112,000 thousand fans compared to an average of around 38,000 combined for Hibs and Hearts. The Old Firms global fan base is similarly huge and again rooted n sectarianism. The gate revenues and them taking the majority of the TV money explains their dominance. Nothing else
    Glasgow has 600,000 plus Edinburgh has 500,000 plus. Not much in the City populations. We sll know that they have followe all over the country. The ones who take sides based on religion practiced or not. The glory hunters, like the odd character I know who lives in Lochend but is a rabid hun. Dotted all over the city They are. The kindom of Fife, lanarkshire, Ayrshire and so on. Full of them. None whom seem to have any sense of loyalty(pun intended) to their local teams. Will indeed happily invade the home ends to watch their beloved Glasgow, for that is who they are in reality. Imagine the absurdity of being e.g a Bonnyrigg born and bred but supporting an Ayrshire side. Where is the connect. Where is the sense of pride in your own city, town or village. Every game an away one.

The Glasow Rangers and Cetic of the same town are what they are because the media endlessly trumpets their superiority. Your wee man in Kirkcaldy that I had sat near (last time pubs were open) dressed in full RFC kit. I I couldn't resist asking why. "Well"he said, looking a bit bemused. Rovers nivver win anything so it no worth it like" "But it's your local team right" "No" he replied " all my family are Rangers".

The Provan article is just another we dig to remind everyone who rules in football. Their followers lap it up.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    Provan is a p***k

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Can’t disagree with this or with a lot of what he was tying to say in his own slaving style

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Can’t disagree with this or with a lot of what he was tying to say in his own slaving style
    I think that's why I stopped at calling him a p***k bud

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    Glasgow has 600,000 plus Edinburgh has 500,000 plus. Not much in the City populations. We sll know that they have followe all over the country. The ones who take sides based on religion practiced or not. The glory hunters, like the odd character I know who lives in Lochend but is a rabid hun. Dotted all over the city They are. The kindom of Fife, lanarkshire, Ayrshire and so on. Full of them. None whom seem to have any sense of loyalty(pun intended) to their local teams. Will indeed happily invade the home ends to watch their beloved Glasgow, for that is who they are in reality. Imagine the absurdity of being e.g a Bonnyrigg born and bred but supporting an Ayrshire side. Where is the connect. Where is the sense of pride in your own city, town or village. Every game an away one.

The Glasow Rangers and Cetic of the same town are what they are because the media endlessly trumpets their superiority. Your wee man in Kirkcaldy that I had sat near (last time pubs were open) dressed in full RFC kit. I I couldn't resist asking why. "Well"he said, looking a bit bemused. Rovers nivver win anything so it no worth it like" "But it's your local team right" "No" he replied " all my family are Rangers".

The Provan article is just another we dig to remind everyone who rules in football. Their followers lap it up.
    Been over this before but although Glasgow's population is around 600K, the urban metro population is at least 1.2M, way way greater than Edinburgh's.
    I agree with what you're saying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Been over this before but although Glasgow's population is around 600K, the urban metro population is at least 1.2M, way way greater than Edinburgh's.

Urban (metro) populations are listed as:

Edinburgh: 900,000

Glasgow: 1,600,000

The number of football clubs in the Glasgow urban area is three times higher than in the Edinburgh urban area but, as we all know, most of them support one or other of the Uglies.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    I understand your point. However the surrounding towns are large Paisley Hamilton to name but two with their own professional clubs. The so called Edinburgh city region has a population of about 1.2million and again the towns included in that whilst also having their own clubs leak fans to Glasgow. Let's face it it's nothing to do with the size of the cities and the arguable regional populations it's 2 clubs drawing from the whole of Scotland.. so let's call the Glagow football area 5.4 million. (Plus Northern Ireland if course

Be interesting to know how many thousands of Irish fans go to Celtic and Rangers games. Must be a lot.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Kris Boyd is the pricks prick but Provan is running him close. Fanny.

Baw baggio