hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Hopefully Celtic smash Aberdeen tonight. The goal difference is already significantly in our favour +10), cannae do any harm to see that grow. Plus I've grown to enjoy seeing McInnes's dejected coupon in the post match interviews. I strongly dislike his teams approach to football.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aberdeen and Celtc in a goalless draw would suit me just fine.
    Definitely want Aberdeen to get hammered.

With the best will in the world, we're not making up a 12 points gap over the last 10 games.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Surely the Dons will pick up something from Killie at the weekend so we really need Celtic to beat them tonight.
    Looking to our game, Accies are comming to ER off the back of a convincing win against Motherwell and a very well deserved hard earned point against the Rangers. Don't forget we allowed Hamilton back into the first game at Easter Road and in the end were happy to hear the final whistle so it's really important that Aberdeen pick up zero points in the games they are expected to lose like tonights.
    I don’t think it’s a given Aberdeen will beat Killie.

Tommy Wright will have spent every minute since taking over on making them tighter at the back and hard to beat.

That is probably the last type of team Aberdeen want to come up against just now when they have been struggling for goals.

@hibs.net private member
    They will lucky to take 7 points post split. We are in a good position to go into split with more than that clear unless we go on a bad run.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I'm in two minds. If Celtic put four or five past them then I do think that McInnes will be in trouble and if they were able to get a decent replacement in to the end of the season they may get a bit of a run going. McInnes and the team look bereft of confidence just now and I think that tonight a battling display to a draw or a loss - a 2-1 or 2-2 - may be good to give their fans hope they've turned a corner but not enough to get the pitchforks out.
    They’re not getting someone in that’s going to turn their season around within a week. McInnes won’t get sacked anyway, but chances are even if he did he’d be replaced by someone already there and the games don’t get any easier just because they’ve changed the manager. After tonight they only have 9 games to go, 4 before the split and 1 of those is Celtic. Regardless of who the manager is they’ll find it very tough and they’ll struggle after the split as well. We are probably 2/3 wins away from guaranteeing top 3 finish.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    It's attitudes like yours that have kept Hibs back from ever achieving anything!

There’s a basic flaw in your argument. The fans’ pre match attitude or predictions have no effect on the outcome of the game. I think the players might have something to do with the result.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    They will lucky to take 7 points post split. We are in a good position to go into split with more than that clear unless we go on a bad run.
    Think you are right. 3 wins from our next 5 games (very doable) I think would see us leaving too much for Aberdeen to handle, assuming they lose both of their games to Celtic. If we can go into the split with a minimum of 7 points between us an superior GD, I reckon that would even be just about enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    There’s a basic flaw in your argument. The fans’ pre match attitude or predictions have no effect on the outcome of the game. I think the players might have something to do with the result.

Nah, I'm sure a few people on here would disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Definitely want Aberdeen to get hammered.

With the best will in the world, we're not making up a 12 points gap over the last 10 games.
    A couple of weeks ago second could definitely have been a possibility with the run celtic were on but they’ve managed to get a few wins and that’s just put it beyond us. If Aberdeen and Livi keep dropping points and we can keep our good form going we could almost have 3rd sewn up by the split

The more goals Aberdeen concede the better IMO, as long as they don’t score more than they concede 😅

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Sheep to get pumped rotten this evening please. Zero points and goal difference taking a hammering is all to our benefit

1-0 Aberdeen. Kamberi to score 87th minute then does his version of the aeroplane right up to the Celtic bench. Lennon to trip him up as he passes and then a 20 man brawl ensues resulting in the game being abandoned, the SFA awarding a 3-0 home win to Celtic with at least 3 players from each side suspended long term for their part in the fiasco.

Is that too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    1-0 Aberdeen. Kamberi to score 87th minute then does his version of the aeroplane right up to the Celtic bench. Lennon to trip him up as he passes and then a 20 man brawl ensues resulting in the game being abandoned, the SFA awarding a 3-0 home win to Celtic with at least 3 players from each side suspended long term for their part in the fiasco.

Is that too much to ask?

Both sides deducted 20 points.

Then The Rangers deducted 40 points for their latest Covid debacle.

Want nothing else than a battering for the sheep.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    A good ramming!

@hibs.net private member
    It would be a dream come true for me as much as anyone else to hear the Champions league tune played at Easter Road, but I can't really see us catching celtic so for me the best result tonight would be Aberdeen getting beat, the more goals against them the better, it makes the chances of them catching us all the slimmer and gives us European football upto Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    A good ramming!
    Ewe are correct

Ewe are correct
    Your spelling is a bit woolly.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    FFS, ram yer puns!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    A good ramming!
    Ewe are correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Your spelling is a bit woolly.
    ..... in other words ‘ a right good lambasting!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    ..... in other words ‘ a right good lambasting!
    I'm not sure wether or not that's a good idea.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Excellent result tonight. All of a sudden it's Hibs who have the game in hand and Aberdeen are no closer.

With Aberdeen dropping 3 points tonight,
    that is our magic number down to 24 points maximum required, without kicking a ball. Lovely.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    We could go seven ahead with a game in hand by the end of the week, and ten ahead with a game in hand within a fortnight. One of Aberdeen's games is against Celtic again too.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    We could go seven ahead with a game in hand by the end of the week, and ten ahead with a game in hand within a fortnight. One of Aberdeen's games is against Celtic again too.
    One game at a time please😀

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    One game at a time please😀
    I think that it shows that Aberdeen need to beat Kilmarnock and quite possibly Celtic too. At the time of the split Aberdeen ideally need to be within three points of us considering they'd need to play us again, otherwise it's out of their hands (and goal difference may mean that it could be less).

When a team gets to the point where they can afford to have a bad game or two, then it becomes difficult for the chasing team. Vital that JR keeps preparing the squad professionally for each upcoming fixture.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Let's no get carried away...we face an inform Access in Sat important we just do our bit and everything else will take care of itself

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Let's no get carried away...we face an inform Access in Sat important we just do our bit and everything else will take care of itself
    Is Saturday a big game?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Just looking ahead - long as we keep professional, prepare well, play well then we're looking into a good place ahead of the split.

If we keep consistent and avoid a slip up we're no longer in the position where it's in Aberdeens hands if they can overtake us. You're right that we shouldn't be taking things for granted and make sure that we take advantage of the games before the split.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Is Saturday a big game?
    Biggest game of the season so far....