hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm guessing they sell tennents super in Rome? I was over in Milan last year to visit a mate and was shocked to see loads of pubs selling tennents super on draught? It's safe to say not a great seller in the pub I visited. Too strong was my mates opinion of it. I wonder why
    My mates an Atalanta fan and its possible for us to get them which thrills me and scares me at the same time

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Yeah can get it anywhere in Italy. Quite popular. Can get it on draught, and in glass bottles.

Which also seems like a bad idea 😂😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    More than happy to cheer rangers, or Celtic, on in that situation.

I've wanted rangers to win before - games against hearts, apart from a couple years ago when we were chasing rangers for 3rd.
    If Scottish teams dont do well enough and we drop in the overall standings, the EL place is lost. Becomes 1 CL and 3 ECL. So I want Scottish teams to do well for that reason alone.

Interesting game tonight that impacts us between Celtic and Aberdeen.

A comfortable win for Celtic by a couple goals to nil would be perfect for us, cementing the 4 point gap, whilst reducing Aberdeen's GD even further essentially making it a 5 point gap, with us having a game in hand.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Yeah can get it anywhere in Italy. Quite popular. Can get it on draught, and in glass bottles.

Which also seems like a bad idea 😂😂
    It was the funniest thing I saw in Italy.

Italian hipsters in shades sipping "jakey juice."
    😂

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post

A comfortable win for Celtic by a couple goals to nil would be perfect for us, cementing the 4 point gap, whilst reducing Aberdeen's GD even further essentially making it a 5 point gap, with us having a game in hand.
    Or a win for Aberdeen gives us the opportunity to go 9 behind a floundering Celtic in the hunt for champions league action...
    Mon the Hibs.

Several goals for Celtic tonight please.

Ideally Aberdeen leave both their upcoming visits to Celtic Park with nothing.
    No guarantees but on paper you would have to say the gap between us is likely to get bigger by the split.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Supporting Hibs for over 50 years, i'm maybe a bit of a pessimist, the amount of times i've been kicked in the knackers. I wont be counting on Euro football up till Christmas till it happens.

Now here's a far out thought, if the huns were to do something silly like win the Europa League, how would that work out. Huns into Champ league as winners, would the SPFL still have 2 Champ league places.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    Supporting Hibs for over 50 years, i'm maybe a bit of a pessimist, the amount of times i've been kicked in the knackers. I wont be counting on Euro football up till Christmas till it happens.

Now here's a far out thought, if the huns were to do something silly like win the Europa League, how would that work out. Huns into Champ league as winners, would the SPFL still have 2 Champ league places.
    The pessimist with one eye on how Hibs can sneak into the Champions League Now we're talking.

I think as a few have said, we are actually better off finishing with the rewards of 3rd in terms of guaranteed group stage football. Rather than finishing second (or inheriting their spot), losing a qualifier or two and ending up with nothing.

Blog Entries
    A Celtic win for me every day of the week on this occasion. A tense game for two managers with squeaky bums.

Interesting question. Maybe 3rd would get Champions League... I've always liked the sticky buns hope they do well

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

I wouldn't worry about that. The line-up for the EL knockout stages looks extremely strong.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I wouldn't worry about that. The line-up for the EL knockout stages looks extremely strong.
    Oh i'm not overly worried but in these strange times. I'm more than happy to be finishing 3rd and a better chance of the conference league group stages.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Or a win for Aberdeen gives us the opportunity to go 9 behind a floundering Celtic in the hunt for champions league action...
    Celtic aren't as good a team as they were the last few seasons and they've had a bad run but I can't see us making up 9 points on them unfortunately. For that reason I'd prefer Aberdeen to lose tonight.

Keeps them further behind us and doesn't give them any new found confidence going in to their other games. I'd have bitten your hand off for third and a chance at the cups when the season began so I'm not going to get greedy (yet).

Third place, a win over Celtic and a run in the Scottish (if it happens) and I'd say that is a great end to the season rather than convincing myself 2nd is possible and ending up disappointed as I did in 2018.

Aberdeen and Celtc in a goalless draw would suit me just fine.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    No, why would we want Aberdeen to get a point? 3rd place is important. 2nd is fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    No, why would we want Aberdeen to get a point? 3rd place is important. 2nd is fantasy.

It's attitudes like yours that have kept Hibs back from ever achieving anything!

A totally demoralising 5-0 humping for the Sheep would suit me just fine. Let their downward spiral deepen with more unrest and pressure on the fud McInnes.
    A good run for the Tic and a stuttering Sticky Buns might also liven up the run-in. A wee bit.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    I'm guessing they sell tennents super in Rome? I was over in Milan last year to visit a mate and was shocked to see loads of pubs selling tennents super on draught? It's safe to say not a great seller in the pub I visited. Too strong was my mates opinion of it. I wonder why
    My mates an Atalanta fan and its possible for us to get them which thrills me and scares me at the same time

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    It's really odd. I was at a friend's wedding in a tiny town (only a couple hundred people) about 2 hours south of Rome a few years ago and Tenners Super was one of the few beers available at the local bar/cafe/restaurant/shop. I thought they had ordered it especially but apparently its all over Italy!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Inclined to agree. There's what? 10 games left in the season?

And we would have to win about 4 games more than Celtic to take 2nd. Which is highly unlikely, they're still beatable but they appear to be have picked up on their form again.

If this was the start of the year I'd think we might have a chance, but I don't think there are enough games left for that to happen.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Yeah, too many good teams left in it for the huns to win. Just from the EPL there is Man U, Arsenal, Tottenham and Leicester. Napoli, Roma and Milan from Serie a. Huns will maybe get through this round given their opponent's current squad size but they wont get further.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

If the dons don't score that would be pretty amazing, would be the first time they've ever gone 6 games without a goal

After they somehow managed to convince themseleves they were getting it up us by signing the 3 strikers in january that would be extremely sweet

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    A trip to London with Hibs, that would be something else. Looks like our trip down to London for the Scotland game is unlikely to happen so an away trip with Hibs would more than make up for it. Appreciate we’re getting ahead of ourselves but how many do you think we’d take to a European game down south?
    7-8000 easy
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby's Cinema View Post
    The pessimist with one eye on how Hibs can sneak into the Champions League Now we're talking.

I think as a few have said, we are actually better off finishing with the rewards of 3rd in terms of guaranteed group stage football. Rather than finishing second (or inheriting their spot), losing a qualifier or two and ending up with nothing.
    I think Rangers’ league champions league spot goes to another country (next on the coefficient list). Don’t think it impacts Scottish football at all unfortunately.

All it will take will be for Hibs to have another couple of bad results and this thread will be replaced with one asking if we can still finish in the top six*

* We're guaranteed a top six finish now, but that won't stop some people.

@hibs.net private member
    We haven’t come 3rd since 04-05. There are plenty of teenage Hibees who can’t remember that, yet a lot of people on here hoping that Aberdeen, our only remaining competitor for 3rd take a point tonight. We will not be catching Celtic and coming second, period.

Hope Celtic Skelp them.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    We haven’t come 3rd since 04-05. There are plenty of teenage Hibees who can’t remember that, yet a lot of people on here hoping that Aberdeen, our only remaining competitor for 3rd take a point tonight. We will not be catching Celtic and coming second, period.

Hope Celtic Skelp them.
    I'm in two minds. If Celtic put four or five past them then I do think that McInnes will be in trouble and if they were able to get a decent replacement in to the end of the season they may get a bit of a run going. McInnes and the team look bereft of confidence just now and I think that tonight a battling display to a draw or a loss - a 2-1 or 2-2 - may be good to give their fans hope they've turned a corner but not enough to get the pitchforks out.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I'm in two minds. If Celtic put four or five past them then I do think that McInnes will be in trouble and if they were able to get a decent replacement in to the end of the season they may get a bit of a run going. McInnes and the team look bereft of confidence just now and I think that tonight a battling display to a draw or a loss - a 2-1 or 2-2 - may be good to give their fans hope they've turned a corner but not enough to get the pitchforks out.
    I would expect McInnes has enough goodwill to see out the season. Agree perhaps not a hammering then however definitely don’t want them to take a point. It could very well come down to the wire.

Surely the Dons will pick up something from Killie at the weekend so we really need Celtic to beat them tonight.
    Looking to our game, Accies are comming to ER off the back of a convincing win against Motherwell and a very well deserved hard earned point against the Rangers. Don't forget we allowed Hamilton back into the first game at Easter Road and in the end were happy to hear the final whistle so it's really important that Aberdeen pick up zero points in the games they are expected to lose like tonights.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Surely the Dons will pick up something from Killie at the weekend so we really need Celtic to beat them tonight.
    Looking to our game, Accies are comming to ER off the back of a convincing win against Motherwell and a very well deserved hard earned point against the Rangers. Don't forget we allowed Hamilton back into the first game at Easter Road and in the end were happy to hear the final whistle so it's really important that Aberdeen pick up zero points in the games they are expected to lose like tonights.
    Yeah it's not a good time to be playing Accies. Thankfully they play St Mirren today in what might be a tough game. Also take solace in the fact that we have scored 7 goals against them this season so far