hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Carabao cup finalists are Spurs and Man City, I wonder if that means Spurs will be England’s representative then as Man City will be qualifying for the champions league?

I know I’m getting waaaaay ahead of myself here but given the problems travelling this year, a draw against a good English club would be the dream for me. Trip to the new Spurs stadium would be my preference.
    Will be our luck to get a proper big draw and we’re not allowed to go.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    If Man City win the Carabao Cup then it would go to 6th place. If the FA Cup winners finish in the top 6 then it would go to 7th place.
    Could be Villa, Hibs v SJM.....and Grealish🙈😂

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Could be Villa, Hibs v SJM.....and Grealish🙈😂
    That would be brilliant.

Quick glance through the tables and Dortmund are currently 6th in Bundesliga. Would be some experience playing them.
    ****hole though 😉 A Berlin trip is my dream Hibs away day.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    That'll be us heading for Tiblisi then

Would like to avoid Lazio if it came to it. Rome is nice but their fans aren’t so good.

First Team Breakthrough
    As it stands we could also get Spartak Moscow or Partizan Belgrade.

Don't fancy a trip to Astana though

Quote Originally Posted by St Pauli Hibee View Post
    As it stands we could also get Spartak Moscow or Partizan Belgrade.

Don't fancy a trip to Astana though
    Doubt we would come home mate.

Would like to avoid Lazio if it came to it. Rome is nice but their fans aren’t so good.
    The state everyone would be in after necking Tennents Super all day as well 😂😂

@hibs.net private member
    Not a ****hole at all. Have great memories of trips to Dortmund. Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Not a ****hole at all. Have great memories of trips to Dortmund. Nonsense.
    I found it to be very urban compared to other German cities, especially in that area, like Dusseldorf, Mönchengpadbach, and Cologne. It's not a postcard city.

Good stadium though. Enjoyed the Scotland game there but we based ourselves in other cities nearby.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Nah, I'd have taken the Scottish cup. Different as it may have been (or may yet still be) to have won it under current circumstances.

If nothing else it would have got the same European place as you've described third place as getting anyway.
    Me too - I'd swap the Scottish for 1st place but that's about it.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    both 3rd and 4th place in the league enters the Conference League at the second qualifying round and will have to win through 2nd round, 3rd round & play-off round to reach the group stages.

Scottish Cup winners will initially enter the Europa League qualifying round and have to win that and a play-off round to reach those group stages.
    Lose in the qualifying round you would drop into conference league play-off round
    Lose in the Europa League play-off round and you would drop into the group stages of the conference league

Winning the scottish cup this season would be the best result in terms of where it would put a team in Europe for next season but finishing third and one of the old firm winning the cup would give us that place instead so there could be a massive difference between third and fourth in that respect depending on how the cup plays out

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    both 3rd and 4th place in the league enters the Conference League at the second qualifying round and will have to win through 2nd round, 3rd round & play-off round to reach the group stages.

Scottish Cup winners will initially enter the Europa League qualifying round and have to win that and a play-off round to reach those group stages.
    Lose in the qualifying round you would drop into conference league play-off round
    Lose in the Europa League play-off round and you would drop into the group stages of the conference league

Winning the scottish cup this season would be the best result in terms of where it would put a team in Europe for next season but finishing third and one of the old firm winning the cup would give us that place instead so there could be a massive difference between third and fourth in that respect depending on how the cup plays out
    The Scottish cup won’t be finished anytime this side of the Euros so you can forget the winner of that getting a European place.

Is this thread about Hibs or West Ham? 😀

As has been said repeatedly, this season the SC winner, or any suitable replacement is getting a bye into the playoff round of the Europa League

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Is this thread about Hibs or West Ham? 😀
    Double whammy. 1 in the Europa league the other in the champions league

If the Cup does get played to a conclusion with us 3rd in the league, imagine if the final was the Sticky Buns v. anyone other than us or the Tic (assuming Tic finish 2nd).
    Would you forego guaranteed European group stage football or support the Stickies for 90 mins for the first time in your life? Dalai Lama.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    If the Cup does get played to a conclusion with us 3rd in the league, imagine if the final was the Sticky Buns v. anyone other than us or the Tic (assuming Tic finish 2nd).
    Would you forego guaranteed European group stage football or support the Stickies for 90 mins for the first time in your life? Dalai Lama.
    Yes

@hibs.net private member
    Not read the whole thread but has it been confirmed that 3rd gets the Europa Conference group stages?

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Not read the whole thread but has it been confirmed that 3rd gets the Europa Conference group stages?
    If they lose the play off for the Europa league they go into the group stages for the conference.....so yes :-)

How is that even a dilemma if you hate rangers more than you love Hibs then have a word with yourself

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    More than happy to cheer rangers, or Celtic, on in that situation.

I've wanted rangers to win before - games against hearts, apart from a couple years ago when we were chasing rangers for 3rd.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    How is that even a dilemma if you hate rangers more than you love Hibs then have a word with yourself
    This.

Indeed, strange question to be honest. Every time I've got dough on them I want them to win, it's no biggie.

I'd be more than happy to want Rangers to win in that scenario.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Bingo.

Same goes for the "abandon the league even though we're third so Hearts don't get promoted" pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Bingo.

Same goes for the "abandon the league even though we're third so Hearts don't get promoted" pish.
    Although in that scenario we would get the best Europa slot like Motherwell did last year 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Bingo.

No, it's "end the league just now because we're third but 'promotion and relegation would be unfair'* "

* According to Hearts

The state everyone would be in after necking Tennents Super all day as well
    I'm guessing they sell tennents super in Rome? I was over in Milan last year to visit a mate and was shocked to see loads of pubs selling tennents super on draught? It's safe to say not a great seller in the pub I visited. Too strong was my mates opinion of it. I wonder why
    My mates an Atalanta fan and its possible for us to get them which thrills me and scares me at the same time

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk