hibs.net Messageboard

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not really fantasy or delusion. It's a desperate desire not to fall on our faces.

A lot of folk are saying that it's as good as over now and that Aberdeen won't pick up even 8 points in the last 5 games.

I'm in the "it's not over till it's over" camp. At the moment I've got a basket of eggs. I'm very hopeful that they're properly fertilised, but they might not be.

eggxactly

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Round 1 will be:
    Rangers v Celtic
    Aberdeen v Hibs

Then we'll get the OF back-to-back and Aberdeen will get St Johnstone and Livingston.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    The only thing i know for certain following Hibs is that at some point during the post-split matches is that i'm going to ***** myself!

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Round 1 will be:
    Rangers v Celtic
    Aberdeen v Hibs

Then we'll get the OF back-to-back and Aberdeen will get St Johnstone and Livingston.
    I think Rangers v Celtic will be round 2 or 3 on the basis that they have just played.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I think the TV companies have a big say in it and they probably won't sit down before today to work out the details.

Rangers will have their last game at home for the presentation and you can bet your last penny it won't be against Celtic.

The Old Firm game will be played before beer gardens open.

There's no rush to be honest, it's a while til we restart League matches.
    They will have an input but 10 out of the 12 teams already knew their fate before the last round of games. I realise it's a few weeks before the next league games are played but I'd like to think we could have put something out today.

Seems unlikely now though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    This has been a cracking season by most possible metrics. A third place finish now looks a certainty unless we have a pretty huge collapse and Aberdeen have a huge turnaround (they’ve scored one, yes one goal in their last 10). Jack Ross deserves a humongous amount of credit if we do secure third. It would be huge for our club.
    It's not been a cracking season for me. We have been average at best. We are lucky Aberdeen have been so poor, what is it for them, one goal in their last ten games? Aberdeen are the only what you would call decent side we have beaten. Jack Ross is telling us that a point against Livingston is a good point, Livingston! We dropped two more points to Celtic on Saturday. It seems to be forgotten that that we have missed the best chance ever to play a Champions League qualifier had we had a better home record.

Sure 3rd place will be looked at as a good finish, but the journey to it hasn't felt like a good one, it's been very much a stuttering one. And that's not even playing in the two Cup disasters.

The SPFL should put in place a set programme of fixtures based on position for clarity. If we get Rangers, Celtic then Aberdeen I do worry for us.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Round 1 will be:
    Rangers v Celtic
    Aberdeen v Hibs

Those games wont be played on the same set of fixtures.

They are probably the two picks for the TV and in my humble opinion wont be played together.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    It's not been a cracking season for me. We have been average at best. We are lucky Aberdeen have been so poor, what is it for them, one goal in their last ten games? Aberdeen are the only what you would call decent side we have beaten. Jack Ross is telling us that a point against Livingston is a good point, Livingston! We dropped two more points to Celtic on Saturday. It seems to be forgotten that that we have missed the best chance ever to play a Champions League qualifier had we had a better home record.

Sure 3rd place will be looked at as a good finish, but the journey to it hasn't felt like a good one, it's been very much a stuttering one. And that's not even playing in the two Cup disasters.

The SPFL should put in place a set programme of fixtures based on position for clarity. If we get Rangers, Celtic then Aberdeen I do worry for us.
    Celtic are on course to get around 79 points. We were never going to beat that this season unfortunately. (In fact I don't think a non old firm team has ever gotten that many points)

Hopefully we can target something in that region in the future but we aren't really anywhere near that level yet
    Last edited by 1van Sprou7e; 22-03-2021 at 01:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

So a point at Livingston isn't good?

Want to tell Steven Gerrard or Neil Lennon that.

Rangers drew 0-0 and scraped a very late 1-0 win there and Celtic drew 2-2.

Our draw isn't that bad when you compare it to those results eh.

We have taken four points and a goal difference of +3 away to them, the best in the League.

But don't let that spoil your little dig at Jack Ross.

Round 1 will be:
    Rangers v Celtic
    Aberdeen v Hibs

i don't think the TV dudes would like that

@hibs.net private member

I think this post epitomises our fanbase.....

It has ultimately been a good season and while the lure of CL seems like a near miss.... overall finishing third and the possibility of European group stages will do the club better in the long run, a whole lot more beneficial than getting pumped in a single CL qualifier.

As for cup disasters, getting to the semis would be considered a good thing in most seasons... and we still have the Scottish to play for this year.

Coaching Staff

Drivel.

Left by mutual consent!
    Round 1 will be:
    Rangers v Celtic
    Aberdeen v Hibs

Would make sense but I think Aberdeen v Hibs will be round 1 with Rangers v Celtic round 2.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I think the TV companies have a big say in it and they probably won't sit down before today to work out the details.

Rangers will have their last game at home for the presentation and you can bet your last penny it won't be against Celtic.

The Old Firm game will be played before beer gardens open.

There's no rush to be honest, it's a while til we restart League matches.
    Who are The Rangers due to play @ Home post-split? Ourselves and Celtc obviously, is there a 3rd?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Livingston’- famously good at home and fighting for 4th in the league not a good point?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Round 1 will be:
    Rangers v Celtic
    Aberdeen v Hibs

Playing Aberdeen @ Pittodrie or The Rangers @ Ibrox in first round of fixtures would have us playing 4 away games in a row, we'll get Saints or Celtc @ Easter Road as the first game

Left by mutual consent!
    List of 3rd place teams and points in current league format.

00/01 Hibernian 66
    01/02 Livingston 58
    02/03 Hearts 63
    03/04 Hearts 68
    04/05 Hibernian 61
    05/06 Rangers 73
    06/07 Aberdeen 65
    07/08 Motherwell 60
    08/09 Hearts 59
    09/10 Dundee Utd 63
    10/11 Hearts 63
    11/12 Motherwell 62
    12/13 St Johnstone 56
    13/14 Aberdeen 68
    14/15 Inverness 65
    15/16 Hearts 65
    16/17 Rangers 67
    17/18 Rangers 70
    18/19 Kilmarnock 67
    19/20 Motherwell 58* ppg

Current points per game sees us as 64 points which isn't too bad. Maybe it's the not attending games where there isn't the positive relief energy from seeing a gritty win over the line that has made this season not feel as good as it could feel.

00/01 Hibernian 66
    01/02 Livingston 58
    02/03 Hearts 63
    03/04 Hearts 68
    04/05 Hibernian 61
    05/06 Rangers 73
    06/07 Aberdeen 65
    07/08 Motherwell 60
    08/09 Hearts 59
    09/10 Dundee Utd 63
    10/11 Hearts 63
    11/12 Motherwell 62
    12/13 St Johnstone 56
    13/14 Aberdeen 68
    14/15 Inverness 65
    15/16 Hearts 65
    16/17 Rangers 67
    17/18 Rangers 70
    18/19 Kilmarnock 67
    19/20 Motherwell 58* ppg

Current points per game sees us as 64 points which isn't too bad. Maybe it's the not attending games where there isn't the positive relief energy from seeing a gritty win over the line that has made this season not feel as good as it could feel.
    That last sentence is nail bang on head. Right now ER would be getting massive attendances,’lots of noise, proper reactions to goals, big away supports etc. etc.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Who are The Rangers due to play @ Home post-split? Ourselves and Celtc obviously, is there a 3rd?

should be, to have 19/19 for them

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

I agree with the general point of your post in that I don’t think it’s felt like a good season and despite all the stats saying otherwise I don’t think we’re a particularly great side just now.

I think there’s no question we’ve been fortunate in that the team we’re in a race for third with have gone on a run of 1 goal in 10 games. I think it’s a bit harsh to put where we are down to luck though. We’ve obviously got something about us.

Trying to be positive, given the circumstances just now I think we’ve got a great platform to build on for next season when things will hopefully return to normal.

00/01 Hibernian 66
    01/02 Livingston 58
    02/03 Hearts 63
    03/04 Hearts 68
    04/05 Hibernian 61
    05/06 Rangers 73
    06/07 Aberdeen 65
    07/08 Motherwell 60
    08/09 Hearts 59
    09/10 Dundee Utd 63
    10/11 Hearts 63
    11/12 Motherwell 62
    12/13 St Johnstone 56
    13/14 Aberdeen 68
    14/15 Inverness 65
    15/16 Hearts 65
    16/17 Rangers 67
    17/18 Rangers 70
    18/19 Kilmarnock 67
    19/20 Motherwell 58* ppg

I’d imagine our Points per game will take a bit of a hammering over the next 5 games.

If we finish on 64 points that’ll be decent, I’m not sure we will though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Celtic are on course to get around 79 points. We were never going to beat that this season unfortunately. (In fact I don't think a non old firm team has ever gotten that many points)

Hopefully we can target something in that region in the future but we aren't really anywhere near that level yet
    Exactly... 67 is our record points tally.
    We picked up eight points post-split that season.
    We'd need 12 points this time to set a new record, which looks like a stretch.
    If we get to 62/63 then Jack Ross can feel very satisfied with his first full season and third place will be well and truly in the bag.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar

Can we please stop this nonsense. We are not 3rd because everyone else is poor. We have not been average by any definition of the word.
    here are some facts based on the last 15 years

average points per game gained by 3rd place team in top flight - 1.68
    average points Hibs gained per game this season - 1.69
    average points per game Hibs have gained in last 10 Top flight seasons - 1.25
    average place that Hibs come in the league in last 10 top flight seasons - 7th

We are on course to gain an above average number of points for the 3rd place team in the league.
    We are on course to have our best league finish in years
    We have scored more goals than every other team bar Rantic
    No team outside of Rantic has conceded fewer goals than us.

IT HAS NOT BEEN AN "AVERAGE AT BEST SEASON" !

You haven't enjoyed the games as much...BECAUSE YOU HAVENT BEEN THERE.

EDIT :I see Allez Hibs has posted something similar above..was too busy working it all out to notice he had posted too ! lol
    Last edited by worcesterhibby; 22-03-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Exactly... 67 is our record points tally.
    We picked up eight points post-split that season.
    We'd need 12 points this time to set a new record, which looks like a stretch.
    If we get to 62/63 then Jack Ross can feel very satisfied with his first full season and third place will be well and truly in the bag.
    Our average number of points in top 6 games post split is 4.4 so getting to 62 or 63 would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Drivel.
    You are being too kind. It is complete and utter pish.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I agree with the general point of your post in that I don’t think it’s felt like a good season and despite all the stats saying otherwise I don’t think we’re a particularly great side just now.

I think there’s no question we’ve been fortunate in that the team we’re in a race for third with have gone on a run of 1 goal in 10 games. I think it’s a bit harsh to put where we are down to luck though. We’ve obviously got something about us.

Trying to be positive, given the circumstances just now I think we’ve got a great platform to build on for next season when things will hopefully return to normal.
    I’m another who doesn’t think this season has been particularly enjoyable but I think your last sentence is important. Great chance to kick on in the summer whilst the sheep need to rebuild. We need to add (replacing the goalie is most important) but nothing on the same scale as them.

Daily record and The Sun saying Stephen Glass will be confirmed within 48 hours as the new Aberdeen boss

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Daily record and The Sun saying Stephen Glass will be confirmed within 48 hours as the new Aberdeen boss
    Scott Brown going too as player/assistant manager. Very risky move for Aberdeen to take.

Happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Scott Brown going too as player/assistant manager. Very risky move for Aberdeen to take.
    I think that shows they will have much bigger budget constraints next season. They’re having to take a bit of a gamble.

Fwiw I think good on them, I like the idea of clubs like ours gambling on someone that might be brilliant than a boring steady eadie type.