hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 516
  1. #391
    Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,820
    Best odds at oddschecker just now on Hibs to finish in the top 3 is 1/9. Surprised how short those odds are. Plenty of games still to play.
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 22-02-2021 at 10:53 PM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #392
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    32,339
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best odds at oddschecker just now on Hibs to finish in the top 3 is 1/9. Surprised how short those odds are. Plenty of games still to play.
    That seems ridiculously short. As you say loads to do though looking good at present. Actually think Dundee United may get top 6.

  4. #393
    the split is still stupid.

    any format where teams play more home than away or vice versa is ridiculous.

    we'll cruise to third.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  5. #394
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    1,240
    This weekend could almost settle it, if we do the necessary against a woeful Motherwell and Aberdeen do what they normally do against the old firm.

    I can’t see them overhauling a 7 point gap between us, and us with a game in hand too. I think it’s more likely they’ll be looking over their shoulders to Livy

  6. #395
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saturday 17 April, 2021

    Saturday 24 April, 2021

    Saturday 1 May, 2021

    Wednesday 12 May, 2021

    Saturday 15 May, 2021

    They are the post split fixture dates for anyone who may have been curious.
    Is there a protocol for who plays who on what date?
    If we are going to be away to the Sheep - a "six pointer" - when would folk want this scheduled?
    First match up and it gives them the early chance they will want to close the gap and gain some impetus. But it would also give us the chance to widen the gap and maintain our advantage, maybe even put 3rd place to bed.
    Last up and it could turn out to be a one-off 3rd place decider at their dung heap which at the moment I would not be confident of winning.

  7. #396
    Testimonial Due Wakeyhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Largs
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a protocol for who plays who on what date?
    If we are going to be away to the Sheep - a "six pointer" - when would folk want this scheduled?
    First match up and it gives them the early chance they will want to close the gap and gain some impetus. But it would also give us the chance to widen the gap and maintain our advantage, maybe even put 3rd place to bed.
    Last up and it could turn out to be a one-off 3rd place decider at their dung heap which at the moment I would not be confident of winning.
    I think itll be scheduled early, there wont be an OF derby game of any consequence by then (unless we are on their heels).

    The only protocol I know of is the H/A rule whereby if theres an anomaly the lowest team from last season loses out I believe.

  8. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Split could end up a mess.

    Our fixtures work out fine, as does Aberdeen and St Mirrenís, Celtic would be due an extra home game and Livingston one less home game, so Iíd imagine that game would be switched. That would mean everyone bar Rangers would have 19 home and 19 away.

    That leaves the rangers anomaly. They are due 3 home and 2 away, but are due to have 4 of the sides visit them for a second time. If they move one of their home games away, it then throws off someone elseís fixtures. As the title will be wrapped up Iíd imagine theyíd leave their fixtures as is.

    Not even looked to see what would happen if St Johnstone or United replaced st Mirren.
    If everyone gets an even split apart from Rangers then they should just accept that. They will have won the league anyway and there will be minimal lost revenue due to them not playing at home in front of a crowd.

  9. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If everyone gets an even split apart from Rangers then they should just accept that. They will have won the league anyway and there will be minimal lost revenue due to them not playing at home in front of a crowd.
    They would score out of it I think, would have 20 home 18 away in my scenario. To try and even it out at the top and make the lowest ranked side lose out would result in multiple teams having to go to other venues three times.

  10. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They would score out of it I think, would have 20 home 18 away in my scenario. To try and even it out at the top and make the lowest ranked side lose out would result in multiple teams having to go to other venues three times.
    Ah I see. That's not really fair on the team that has to play at Ibrox unless it's the last game and theres nothing left to play for

  11. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah I see. That's not really fair on the team that has to play at Ibrox unless it's the last game and theres nothing left to play for
    If they have Rangers with 20/18 and the rest 19/19 then every team that go to ibrox will be doing so for the second time, no one will have to go for a third time. Just the way it works out, they are due home games against everyone bar St Mirren/Dundee United.

    The fact we were bottom 6 last year, along with st Mirren or Dundee United has skewed the seedings.

    Only team losing out would be Livi having to go to Celtic park for a third time but that would even both them out.

    Wonder how it would affect the relegation teams,

  12. #401
    @hibs.net private member Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    52
    Posts
    55,496
    As mentioned in the Coronavirus thread, today's Scottish Government announcement pretty much puts an end to lower league footy this season and therefore the Scottish Cup.

  13. #402
    Might be time to rename this thread "Countdown to the Europa groups" then.

  14. #403
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24,961
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...nterim-charge/

    Lennon being sacked within the next 24 hours.

  15. #404
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...nterim-charge/

    Lennon being sacked within the next 24 hours.
    Just so long as they donít come calling for Jack Ross

  16. #405
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,926
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just so long as they donít come calling for Jack Ross
    They can have Ross Jack from Elgin.

  17. #406
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24,961
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just so long as they donít come calling for Jack Ross
    Steve Clarke is the favourite for the Celtic job.

    Wonder who Scotland will want if they go for him? Jack Ross previously said the Scotland job was his dream job.

    I love a bit manager speculation, Iím a real weirdo that way.

  18. #407
    Testimonial Due 1van Sprou7e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Doon Leith
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Steve Clarke is the favourite for the Celtic job.

    Wonder who Scotland will want if they go for him? Jack Ross previously said the Scotland job was his dream job.

    I love a bit manager speculation, Iím a real weirdo that way.
    Can't see Clarke at Celtic personally. Even if he goes he'll stay in charge of Scotland for the Euros I hope

  19. #408
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24,961
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't see Clarke at Celtic personally. Even if he goes he'll stay in charge of Scotland for the Euros I hope
    Definitely.

    The fact Celtic have left it so long does make me wonder if there might be something in it though.

    If theyíd gone for Clarke 4 or 5 games ago the Celtic fans would have wanted him in right away to try and get the 10 in a row, Clarke will undoubtedly want to manage the team at the euros though.

  20. #409
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24,961
    In terms of the race for 2nd or 3rd, I think replacing him with Kennedy until the end of the season is potentially crazy.

    Genuinely think heíll be a hopeless manager for them, fully expect him to be part of the problem there.

  21. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely.

    The fact Celtic have left it so long does make me wonder if there might be something in it though.

    If theyíd gone for Clarke 4 or 5 games ago the Celtic fans would have wanted him in right away to try and get the 10 in a row, Clarke will undoubtedly want to manage the team at the euros though.
    I think with the change at the top in progress they havenít wanted to make a change this season, itís only Lennon getting worse and worse thatís forced their hand,

    Fully expect itíll be Kennedy till the end of the season then the new Chief Exec can appoint his own man.

  22. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In terms of the race for 2nd or 3rd, I think replacing him with Kennedy until the end of the season is potentially crazy.

    Genuinely think heíll be a hopeless manager for them, fully expect him to be part of the problem there.
    Said similar. As bad as Lennon has been, he wouldíve won a few games between now and the end. He just won 5 on the bounce before Sunday. Kennedy is useless. He may win a few games, but there is a risk that he might not. Serious pressure if they lose 2 before the split.

    Chances have gone from extremely slim to slim tonight.

    They shouldíve spent the money to get their new CEO in now to prepare for next season, structure in place, manager/staff in place to judge players and do business early. As it is, he doesnít start until the end of June, no time at all to make all those appointments.

  23. #412
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    24,961
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Said similar. As bad as Lennon has been, he wouldíve won a few games between now and the end. He just won 5 on the bounce before Sunday. Kennedy is useless. He may win a few games, but there is a risk that he might not. Serious pressure if they lose 2 before the split.

    Chances have gone from extremely slim to slim tonight.

    They shouldíve spent the money to get their new CEO in now to prepare for next season, structure in place, manager/staff in place to judge players and do business early. As it is, he doesnít start until the end of June, no time at all to make all those appointments.
    Somebody smarter than me mentioned the similarities when Rangers sacked McCoist, they replaced him with someone worse in Graham Murty and we pumped them 4 nil.

    Kennedy wonít get the full time managers job there so the players arenít going to take him seriously, especially when heís been part of a management team thatís failed all season.

    If Celtic werenít going to replace Lennon immediately, they should have just announced heís leaving at the end of the season. That would have pacified the masses to an extent.

  24. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somebody smarter than me mentioned the similarities when Rangers sacked McCoist, they replaced him with someone worse in Graham Murty and we pumped them 4 nil.

    Kennedy wonít get the full time managers job there so the players arenít going to take him seriously, especially when heís been part of a management team thatís failed all season.

    If Celtic werenít going to replace Lennon immediately, they should have just announced heís leaving at the end of the season. That would have pacified the masses to an extent.
    Kennedy vs Gerrard will be like Murty vs Rodgers. Theyíll be hoping they lose to Aberdeen as there is absolutely no chance of them beating Rangers at Celtic park under Kennedy to stop them winning the league.

  25. #414
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kennedy vs Gerrard will be like Murty vs Rodgers. Theyíll be hoping they lose to Aberdeen as there is absolutely no chance of them beating Rangers at Celtic park under Kennedy to stop them winning the league.
    Celtic play Rangers 12pm on the Sunday three days after Rangers will likely be playing the 2nd leg of the Europa League last 16. Rangers will still be favourites but it might swing in Celticís favour.

  26. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic play Rangers 12pm on the Sunday three days after Rangers will likely be playing the 2nd leg of the Europa League last 16. Rangers will still be favourites but it might swing in Celticís favour.
    Rangers will only need a point to win the league though, when the players have chucked it itís very difficult to get them up even for a derby. Listened to Andy Little yesterday talk about when Celtic had the chance to win the title at ibrox a few years back, and although Rangers were ***** and the boardroom was a mess, the club from fans to staff to players were United and they got a result, whereas Celtic are in turmoil just now and couldnít look less United.

  27. #416
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,965
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rangers will only need a point to win the league though, when the players have chucked it itís very difficult to get them up even for a derby. Listened to Andy Little yesterday talk about when Celtic had the chance to win the title at ibrox a few years back, and although Rangers were ***** and the boardroom was a mess, the club from fans to staff to players were United and they got a result, whereas Celtic are in turmoil just now and couldnít look less United.
    I said at the start of the season 2nd was a possibility using almost exactly the scenario you describe although with Celtc and The Rangers positions reversed (which I dont actually care about). One half of the OF was always going to go to pot once the other had the League sown up.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

  28. #417
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,544
    Hopefully Kennedy canít do any worse than Lennon and they beat Aberdeen on Saturday. Itís highly doubtful that weíre going to win all of our games before the split so Iíd like Aberdeen to keep dropping points to keep that gap intact, 2nd is gone.

  29. #418
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    32,339
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In terms of the race for 2nd or 3rd, I think replacing him with Kennedy until the end of the season is potentially crazy.

    Genuinely think heíll be a hopeless manager for them, fully expect him to be part of the problem there.
    Think the players will just be delighted it isn't Lennon and will be good enough to spark into form with all pressure off.

  30. #419
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    32,339
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somebody smarter than me mentioned the similarities when Rangers sacked McCoist, they replaced him with someone worse in Graham Murty and we pumped them 4 nil.

    Kennedy wonít get the full time managers job there so the players arenít going to take him seriously, especially when heís been part of a management team thatís failed all season.

    If Celtic werenít going to replace Lennon immediately, they should have just announced heís leaving at the end of the season. That would have pacified the masses to an extent.
    It was Kenny McDowell who was in charge of 4 0 game. Murty did semi ok from what I remember.

  31. #420
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    32,339
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully Kennedy canít do any worse than Lennon and they beat Aberdeen on Saturday. Itís highly doubtful that weíre going to win all of our games before the split so Iíd like Aberdeen to keep dropping points to keep that gap intact, 2nd is gone.
    Agree

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)