hibs.net Messageboard

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 1,081 to 1,107 of 1107
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What made yesterday so annoying was that a draw would have meant Aberdeen had to win both their games.Now a win and a draw would be enough if we take nothing from Celtic.
    A win and a draw wouldn't be enough...................................... if the draw was against Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I can’t see Aberdeen being good enough to get a point at Ibrox.

The best news from the weekend is that the Rangers are still unbeaten and will be desperate to continue that run to the end. A 0-0 draw would suit them of course but I suspect they will be well up for the Dons game and at full strength.

Still... last day results are notoriously unpredictable. I really hope we aren’t relying on the Huns for a favour.

Win the semi final and hope the players are brimming with confidence.
    Need to treat the next three games as Cup finals and have the right attitude. I think a draw at Aberdeen will be enough but need to play for a win to end it there. Need to put in a performance against Celtic even if 3rd place is sorted as we need to build up momentum for the final.
    Just get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    The best news from the weekend is that the Rangers are still unbeaten and will be desperate to continue that run to the end. A 0-0 draw would suit them of course but I suspect they will be well up for the Dons game and at full strength.

Still... last day results are notoriously unpredictable. I really hope we aren’t relying on the Huns for a favour.
    Its not just about the hun being unbeaten, they have a 100% home record and I’m sure they’ll want to keep that intact.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Win the semi final and hope the players are brimming with confidence.
    Need to treat the next three games as Cup finals and have the right attitude. I think a draw at Aberdeen will be enough but need to play for a win to end it there. Need to put in a performance against Celtic even if 3rd place is sorted as we need to build up momentum for the final.
    Just get it done.
    There isn’t a ‘think’ about a draw against Aberdeen being enough, that is enough and is certainly achievable. We should be looking to be back to our solid best defensively and get us over the line.

Just a reminder we haven’t beaten Aberdeen in Aberdeen since May 2nd 2012.

For anyone on this thread stating they are confident of Hibs claiming 3rd, it must only be based on us being 3 points ahead of Aberdeen with a superior goal difference with 2 games to go. Surely it cannot be based on yesterday's performance and our recent propensity of not turning up for big games. Proof is there that over the last couple of years we have lost a lot more big games than won them. Know there is some debate what is a big game, but really most of us know the games that really matter. For example, yesterday and the next two games. We are at the point where the winners and losers are decided. Hope we are not the losers yet again.

I feel the semi final next week will be pivotal on how we perform against Aberdeen. A win on Saturday would give the team and Ross a bit more breathing space and another opportunity of winning a trophy.

Lose on Saturday would heap huge pressure on everyone at the club to finish 3rd and all those 'bootle jobs' comments would come to the fore again. For Hibs not to win a cup this season given the last 4 teams in the last League Cup semi finals and next weekend's Scottish Cup semi finals would really be criminal.

I for one cannot count on Aberdeen not getting more points than us on the last day of the season. I may sound negative but much as Hibs finishing 3rd is a relatively good achievement, if we do not win the cup I would reflect on this season as a huge missed opportunity of winning a trophy.

In European terms, if we do not win the cup, is there any real difference between finishing 3rd or 4th.

I will be watching the next two games through my fingers, hoping not to be let down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    For anyone on this thread stating they are confident of Hibs claiming 3rd, it must only be based on us being 3 points ahead of Aberdeen with a superior goal difference with 2 games to go. Surely it cannot be based on yesterday's performance and our recent propensity of not turning up for big games. Proof is there that over the last couple of years we have lost a lot more big games than won them. Know there is some debate what is a big game, but really most of us know the games that really matter. For example, yesterday and the next two games. We are at the point where the winners and losers are decided. Hope we are not the losers yet again.

I feel the semi final next week will be pivotal on how we perform against Aberdeen. A win on Saturday would give the team and Ross a bit more breathing space and another opportunity of winning a trophy.

Lose on Saturday would heap huge pressure on everyone at the club to finish 3rd and all those 'bootle jobs' comments would come to the fore again. For Hibs not to win a cup this season given the last 4 teams in the last League Cup semi finals and next weekend's Scottish Cup semi finals would really be criminal.

I for one cannot count on Aberdeen not getting more points than us on the last day of the season. I may sound negative but much as Hibs finishing 3rd is a relatively good achievement, if we do not win the cup I would reflect on this season as a huge missed opportunity of winning a trophy.

In European terms, if we do not win the cup, is there any real difference between finishing 3rd or 4th.

I will be watching the next two games through my fingers, hoping not to be let down again.

So yesterday was a big game, as is next week, but last week for example wasn’t? Livi wasn’t? Even though they put us in this position?

And your first part about the confidence coming from being 3 points clear, with 6 to play for, and a huge goal difference swing, with Aberdeen still having to beat us, and then get something at a place no other side has got something this year, why wouldn’t that make us confident?

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Yeah but 10 goals is a fairly unrealistic swing. Mathematically possible but would be massive odds at the bookies.
    Which is exactly what I said...
    At Easter Road They Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Just a reminder we haven’t beaten Aberdeen in Aberdeen since May 2nd 2012.
    And we hadn’t beaten st Johnston at home since around that time
    Let’s hope our away form sees a performance that gives us the point needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieFitbaTeam View Post
    Which is exactly what I said...
    It was. And I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    There isn’t a ‘think’ about a draw against Aberdeen being enough, that is enough and is certainly achievable. We should be looking to be back to our solid best defensively and get us over the line.
    A draw is enough but my point is that we should no go there with that attitude need to build up momentum if we beat Dundee Utd. Should have put 3rd place to bed weeks ago. Don't know what the problem is playing at home. Jack Ross will be judged on what happens in the next few weeks.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

Hibs 0 - 2 saints
    Livi 0 - 2 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 3 - 0 Hibs

Hibs 0 - 3 Celtic
    Rangers 1 - 0 Aberdeen
    We avoided the 4 goal swing there at least, only the 2...

We just need to avoid a 4-0 pumping in Aberdeen then even without it being a cup final we can all support rangers on the final day - that's the dream.

I think we'll draw up in pittodrie and that'll be it.

Definitely making hard work of this now to secure 3rd, like some said a draw will be good enough even a 1-0 defeat pittodrie could still secure it as really can’t see them getting anything at ibrox and can’t see rangers lying down to the sheep.

Not the way I want to see it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Definitely making hard work of this now to secure 3rd, like some said a draw will be good enough even a 1-0 defeat pittodrie could still secure it as really can’t see them getting anything at ibrox and can’t see rangers lying down to the sheep.

Not the way I want to see it though.
    Don`t think we can depend on Aberdeen losing last match . If we lose at Pittodrie we`ll have to plan game v Celtic assuming we need a win . And that won`t be any different if we win semi as 3rd will still be important .

@hibs.net private member
    I feel fairly confident of getting to the cup final and of getting a point vs Aberdeen to secure 3rd (talking relatively here - this IS Hibs we're talking about).

If we meet St Johnstone in the semi though we will have to box very clever indeed as they seem to be the team in the league best capable of stopping us scoring right now and have enough up top to have a good chance of sneaking one against us. I think if we do meet St Js in the final our defending will be key and we may have to be very patient. As I've said on another thread I'll keep my fingers crossed for the other Saintees winning through to Hampden as our strengths in attack seem to work better against them.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'm thinking we will get at least a point at Todders

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Don`t think we can depend on Aberdeen losing last match . If we lose at Pittodrie we`ll have to plan game v Celtic assuming we need a win . And that won`t be any different if we win semi as 3rd will still be important .
    If we win at the weekend then I’m afraid for me every single bit of energy needs to go into the cup final, and if that means resting boys so be it. Would be far and away the biggest game of the three.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Bizarre stuff.

Imagine if St Mirren won the cup and didnt get that Euro spot....................

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...-cup-windfall/

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Bizarre stuff.

Imagine if St Mirren won the cup and didnt get that Euro spot....................

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...-cup-windfall/
    They did away with the runner up getting the European place a few years ago, so presumably the Europa League place would go to third in the table.

Could be interesting, but I'd prefer to avoid any uncertainty by winning the cup.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Feels like an age ago I started this thread.

Mission finally accomplished.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Feels like an age ago I started this thread.

Mission finally accomplished.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Mission complete. I would have been happy with fourth this season in all honesty. Third, three semi finals with the latest leading to an exciting Scottish Cup Final is outstanding work. Massive credit to everyone at the club 💚

Brilliant to have 3rd secured with a week and a half still to go until the final. Credit to Jack Ross and team. 👍🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    Third place with seven points to spare in the end. And 15 goals of a goal difference advantage also.

Only team outside of the Glasgow two with a positive goal difference for the season, and a comfortably positive goal difference at that.

The third best team in the league by a mile. Fantastic effort from Ross and the team.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Seen this estimation of the prize breakdown for this season on Twitter. 3rd (£2.475m) place getting £300k more than 4th(£2.175), if these figures are close to reality it's a good return for a good league season. Show's how important getting 3rd was.

https://twitter.com/SPFLWatch/status...53892531163143

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post
    Third place with seven points to spare in the end. And 15 goals of a goal difference advantage also.

Only team outside of the Glasgow two with a positive goal difference for the season, and a comfortably positive goal difference at that.

The third best team in the league by a mile. Fantastic effort from Ross and the team.
    There’s no arguing that it’s been an excellent season. Credit to all the footballing department at the club from manager to scouts to players to kitman. Fantastic.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction