hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anymore performances like Saturday and 7/2 is a cracking price for Aberdeen
    Is that Aberdeen who are in 11th place over the last 10 games? I think that price is quite right, Aberdeen are in real bad form.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Not if you read the Aberdeen press. They were resigned to going 7 behind but Hibs have thrown them a life line, with Hibs still to go to their place. Expect major mind-games in the next few weeks from Aberdeen. Up to Hibs to show if they have the bottle to see this through.
    I think that's fair when looking at it from their point of view.

If we were in Aberdeen's position and we were expecting to go 7 points behind them having played a game more and they lost at home unexpectedly then I would expect us to view that positively by seeing it as a lifeline.

It's up to us to prove them wrong and get the wins required to finish 3rd.

I'd still rather be in our position than theirs.

Hibs havenít beaten Aberdeen away from home since May 2012.

I donít want Hibs to be in a situation where they have to go there and win.

The next 3 games before the split are so important for our points total and psychologically going into split.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Is that Aberdeen who are in 11th place over the last 10 games? I think that price is quite right, Aberdeen are in real bad form.
    If we continue to play like we did on Saturday we could find our form just as bad and at this point of the season we canít afford that

3 away games before the split, no easy games but we have won 9/14 away games so far this season, dropping points at Ibrox, Parkhead (x2), Pittodrie and at Ross County

Bodes well for us and we should still be confident of extending our lead over Aberdeen going into the final 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    3 away games before the split, no easy games but we have won 9/14 away games so far this season, dropping points at Ibrox, Parkhead (x2), Pittodrie and at Ross County

Bodes well for us and we should still be confident of extending our lead over Aberdeen going into the final 5 games
    Nothing bodes well on here at the moment :) but I do take heart that Aberdeen have a mountain to climb with their team, fixtures and points deficit on us.

I think we'll do enough by the split to make Aberdeen needing a near miracle post split.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Yep, thatíll be those devastating Dons who have scored one whole goal their last 8 league games. Fearsome.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Yep, thatíll be those devastating Dons who have scored one whole goal their last 8 league games. Fearsome.
    I get what youíre saying however last form isnít always an indicator of future form.

Apparently unlucky not to beat Celtic at the weekend and the week before that they obviously won.

Bad runs like Aberdeen have been on donít last forever and I think thereís been signs of shoots of recovery for them.