hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It has become trendy to downplay our achievements.
    It’s age old, expect the worst but hope for the best .

2. Log in to remove the advert

3 points today are a must to hopefully put some more breathing space between us and the Dons.

I keep thinking about what a group stage run would do financially for the club in terms of prize money and gate receipts. That's not including the extra money we could demand from sponsors if these European games are on TV. All this money adds up and it could be the difference between us building a hotel at the NE corner, filling in the rest, adding a tier to the west and putting in big screens and discolights. Sorry got a bit carried away there. .

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    3 points today are a must to hopefully put some more breathing space between us and the Dons.

I keep thinking about what a group stage run would do financially for the club in terms of prize money and gate receipts. That's not including the extra money we could demand from sponsors if these European games are on TV. All this money adds up and it could be the difference between us building a hotel at the NE corner, filling in the rest, adding a tier to the west and putting in big screens and discolights. Sorry got a bit carried away there. .
    You left out the helipad!
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I wonder if we’ll notice any difference when we’re back at ER.

They said they would be doing some work to freshen the place up, even with the COVID restrictions.

I’m not expecting a big screen or such like, but would be nice to see some changes in and around the place.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post

To be honest, I think the "must win" tag is far more on Aberdeen just now. They have a tough run of games and they're not far off the stage of needing to get something from games against Rangers and Celtic which is a bad place to be.

As long as we don't allow them to claw back ground on us, we're in a good place.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    To be honest, I think the "must win" tag is far more on Aberdeen just now. They have a tough run of games and they're not far off the stage of needing to get something from games against Rangers and Celtic which is a bad place to be.

As long as we don't allow them to claw back ground on us, we're in a good place.
    Exactly, they’re almost at the point where they have to beat us after the split. Again, not the pressure you want to have going into a game, and that’s almost just to ‘give them a chance’ of catching us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    You left out the helipad!
    What about the retractable roof? Will that happen after the second year?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    What about the retractable roof? Will that happen after the second year?
    It will be soon, that's where the helipad is going.

If we win today I’m confident we will be 3rd.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

They said they would be doing some work to freshen the place up, even with the COVID restrictions.

I’m not expecting a big screen or such like, but would be nice to see some changes in and around the place.
    I’m fairly certain the sound system has been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

I live behind ER and walk past every day and I've not seen any kind of major works going on bud apart from a bit paint work on the outside of the stands

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    I live behind ER and walk past every day and I've not seen any kind of major works going on bud apart from a bit paint work on the outside of the stands

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    You’re not coming to my party.

Despite today’s shocker, with Aberdeen losing as well, the maximum points we need to finish 3rd drops to 18.

Threads like this will just make the opposition managers job much easier each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jon View Post
    Threads like this will just make the opposition managers job much easier each week.
    Threads on a fans' forum will make the opposition manager's job easier in what way?

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    I just don’t get why we couldn’t be bothered today.

There was no fight, passion, creativity. We only woke up when we were running out of time and Motherwell sat back knowing our only out ball was to Boyle and we had zero threat otherwise.

We don’t close opponents down, we looked like we were down to 9 men at points with Well players all over us whilst theirs seemed to have plenty space and time on the ball.

We don’t help each other either. Neither do we seem to be able to get bodies forward when it matters. The odd time we do break we have players jogging forward in support instead of busting a lung.

You have to be joking, seriously, get a grip.

Another disgrace of a performance. Dread to see that team against a half decent technical footballing European team. At one point in second half three central midfielders for hibs all stood in the right wing area within ten yards of each other. I’d still welcome a change of a fresh managerial approach come summer, to many performances like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    You have to be joking, seriously, get a grip.
    I hate these threads too but to suggest it has any influence on the outcome is laughable.
    I remember the "Hearts rellegation Derby thread" and we all know how that worked out. Ffs🙄

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Another disgrace of a performance. Dread to see that team against a half decent technical footballing European team. At one point in second half three central midfielders for hibs all stood in the right wing area within ten yards of each other. I’d still welcome a change of a fresh managerial approach come summer, to many performances like this.
    Do you honestly think if we manage 3rd we’re going to change the manager? Crap performance but hopefully we get back quickly on a run like the one we’ve just been on. Saying that who knows what Hibs will turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by StockholmHibs View Post
    I hate these threads too but to suggest it has any influence on the outcome is laughable.
    I remember the "Hearts rellegation Derby thread" and we all know how that worked out. Ffs🙄
    It’s a points countdown thread, not slating other teams thread.

I’m not superstitious, if we make it we make it, if we don’t it’s because we don’t deserve to.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Yep, I’m sure all Scottish Premiership managers are scouring Hibs.net looking for motivational material for the pre-match team talk.

Classic !

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Yeah let's ban the internet. What a strange post.

Blog Entries
    Despite today’s shocker, with Aberdeen losing as well, the maximum points we need to finish 3rd drops to 18.
    I think Aberdeen’s loss to Celtic was psychologically less harmful than our result. In fact, Aberdeen will take heart from our perennial weakness. On a thread here I said that we could take maximum points from our next five games and honestly believed it. What a difference a week makes. That was a wonderful start today and I honestly don’t have any confidence that we will actually take any points in our next four games now. 3rd place is just a remote possibility if JR can’t get the players up for the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I think Aberdeen’s loss to Celtic was psychologically less harmful than our result. In fact, Aberdeen will take heart from our perennial weakness. On a thread here I said that we could take maximum points from our next five games and honestly believed it. What a difference a week makes. That was a wonderful start today and I honestly don’t have any confidence that we will actually take any points in our next four games now. 3rd place is just a remote possibility if JR can’t get the players up for the challenge.
    I think we're still in pole position but today was a huge opportunity missed and I think you're right in that Aberdeen will take heart from our result today as they'll have been expecting to be 7 points behind us so the fact that it's still only 4 points will likely give them a lift.

It's now a huge weekend next week with Aberdeen likely to get 3 points at home to Hamilton and us away to St Johnstone.

If it goes back to 1 point then it's anybody's.

A month ago are you really going to say that you wouldn’t have taken 12 points out of 15 in a heartbeat, and been absolutely over the moon with it?

Your post must be the gloomiest I have read on here, and that’s some going.

Aberdeen will be looking at the table and seeing a club 4 points ahead with a game in hand, and not many games left and thinking, not very bloody likely.

Do you realise that Aberdeen have scored 1 goal in their last 8 league games? Yes, 1 goal, and Kilmarnock should have taken at least a point in that game.

Blog Entries
    A month ago are you really going to say that you wouldn’t have taken 12 points out of 15 in a heartbeat, and been absolutely over the moon with it?

Your post must be the gloomiest I have read on here, and that’s some going.

Aberdeen will be looking at the table and seeing a club 4 points ahead with a game in hand, and not many games left and thinking, not very bloody likely.

Do you realise that Aberdeen have scored 1 goal in their last 8 league games? Yes, 1 goal, and Kilmarnock should have taken at least a point in that game.
    Rubbish. You’ve not looked very far.

Rubbish. You’ve not looked very far.
    You have no confidence that we will take a single point in our next 4 games?

When did we last lose 4 games in a row in the league? It was the season we got relegated, in March 2014.

Yeah, I think that must go down as one of the gloomiest posts in recent memory.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3rd place, in your imaginary scenario of us taking no points in our next four, would be a remote possibility. That’s pretty unlikely and would require our worst run of the season.

If you take into consideration our away form then there’s every chance we could get maximum points (or at least no losses) and we consolidate the position we are already in.