hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not something big or clever to be joking about or slating someone for. Not a nice illness and destroys millions of lives.
    But a valid point though nevertheless, regardless of context, George Best was a waster, an alcoholic but always worthy of discussion on here, whether idolised or not. Andy Gorams colourful life is another as is the most recent Peter Marinellos past shenannigans

Lafferty is a classless prick

2. Log in to remove the advert

Letís be honest, Laugherty is a legend, but only in his own mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    But a valid point though nevertheless, regardless of context, George Best was a waster, an alcoholic but always worthy of discussion on here, whether idolised or not. Andy Gorams colourful life is another as is the most recent Peter Marinellos past shenannigans

Classless or not, even bringing up someoneís gambling addiction when talking about them in a negative context is out of order.

Thatís being kind IMO 😜

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Classless or not, even bringing up someoneís gambling addiction when talking about them in a negative context is out of order.
    As a gambler thatís probably *****ed away close to a half million quid over the decades, I see no problem with what the lad said. I donít hide behind the illness line. The buck starts and ends with me, Iím responsible for my own actions.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    As a gambler thatís probably *****ed away close to a half million quid over the decades, I see no problem with what the lad said. I donít hide behind the illness line. The buck starts and ends with me, Iím responsible for my own actions.
    Respect mate 👍

*** of the highest order, and yes I have met him.

So was he out of contract then? When's the last time he played a game.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    In his first spell at Rangers he scored 31 goals in 104 apps. Id fancy myself to score more than that if it wasn't the fact I have an allergy to bigotry and Im more suited to watching the game than playing it.

Scored 107 goals in nearly 400 games, considering at least one domineering team he played for thats not too brilliant. Take the hun thing away, not impressed by him at all. Made a good living for himself with not much talent. Killie are getting desperate arent they. Relegation possibles next season if not this.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Respect for that, however it still shouldnít be shoved in your face at every opportunity. Whether heís an ******** or in the public eye, his addiction is his, and it isnít big or clever to bring up in conversation about what heís well known for.

He chose Hearts over Hibs. Big dafty really. Find it hard to hate thick folk. Not really their fault.

The bloke is a total flog. Serial sexual harasser of women.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    He wont play against Hibs, so who cares.

will score goals barely at an acceptable rate... just.... in Scotland....that says it all...hence the signing...nothing to worry about except guaranteed to score against us

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Every Killie fan Iíve ever known hates the Huns even more than I do
    I know two well and they both hate the huns. Always been welcomed down Rugby Park. Remember their fans wishing us well after we put them out the cup with the late McManus goal and congratulating us after beating them in 2007 LC final.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    I still wish we got him ahead of hearts but Iím sure he regrets that.

It would have been a marriage made in hell. He or Hearts did us a favour there.

@hibs.net private member
    As a NI fan, I would have loved to have seen him at Hibs - he always did his best work in green, almost single handedly got NI to the Euros in 2016 with his goals during the campaign

And his 21/05/2016 tattoo actually refers to the day he got married, nothing else

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    As a NI fan, I would have loved to have seen him at Hibs - he always did his best work in green, almost single handedly got NI to the Euros in 2016 with his goals during the campaign

And his 21/05/2016 tattoo actually refers to the day he got married, nothing else

You NI fans are absolutely entitled to love Lafferty.

Doesnít mean the rest of us have to though!

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post

Given that he's a big Hun, his tattoo is quite ironic. Nothing wrong with NI fans lauding Lafferty. I just dont see him being a Hibs player ever.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    It would have been a marriage made in hell. He or Hearts did us a favour there.
    In the end there were Hearts fans who disliked him for pushing a move through to Rangers. A few I know thought he wasnít that good either.

I think his best return was across the road. He's not what I'd call prolific but Killie are struggling and in freefall. His gambling issues caused trouble at PBS. Wonder if his wife has given him his mobile phone back yet?

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Thatís being kind IMO 😜
    I remember him parking his Bentley across 3 disabled parking spots so he could go into a supermarket without having to walk too far.

"Classless prick" doesn't even come close.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Given that he's a big Hun, his tattoo is quite ironic. Nothing wrong with NI fans lauding Lafferty. I just dont see him being a Hibs player ever.
    With Tommy Wright and Lafferty now at Killie, the Hun tattoo count in the Rugby Park dressing room has had a significant boost !

Heís a gamble as it just depends if heís in the mood. Very similar to Kamberi in that he can be really good for a couple of games then drifts out of the next few. Killie looked good versus well but no end product. Looking very tight down the bottom and heíll need to score four or five to keep them away from 11th. It changes every week but from St Johnstone down they are all in the mix. Will be a cracking bottom six this year, such a shame thereís nobody to see it. Hamilton to escape yet again. Wouldnít bet against it. As long as we take care of them next Saturday of course.

Nice tattoo Lafferty. The date is perfect

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk