hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 156
  1. #91
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hurricane#1 - Step Into My World. The duelling guitars at the end make you stop what you're doing and listen.


    https://youtu.be/hkuawS_TYWE


    Nice one.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    156

  4. #93
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    156

  5. #94
    Can we say what it is as well so I know if it’s crap in advance 😉😀

  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    63
    Posts
    16,965
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we say what it is as well so I know if it’s crap in advance 😉😀
    Aye that's one for the Pet Peeves thread! Let us know what the song is first please!

  7. #96
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,686
    If you use Tapatalk on your phone or tablette you get an embedded image thing.


  8. #97
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    156

  9. #98
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    156

  10. #99
    Testimonial Due Geo_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my Joy Division Oven Gloves
    Posts
    4,236

  11. #100
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    45,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Block View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People won't look at your video links unless you say what they are.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  12. #101
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    156

  13. #102
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    156

  14. #103
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,686

  15. #104
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In der Hölle
    Posts
    31,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Rat Trap



  16. #105
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rat Trap


    People can say what they like about Bob Geldof, but in his prime he was brilliant live (as was the whole group).
    Last edited by Peevemor; 06-09-2021 at 01:18 PM.

  17. #106
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    63
    Posts
    16,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People won't look at your video links unless you say what they are.
    Hear hear!

    I think this thread has gone a bit off course from the intention of "songs that blow your mind" to songs you just "like". I'm no musical snob but surely Look Wot U Dun by Slade can't have the effect of being mind-blowing can it? Unless you've had 10 pints maybe.....

  18. #107
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    26,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hear hear!

    I think this thread has gone a bit off course from the intention of "songs that blow your mind" to songs you just "like". I'm no musical snob but surely Look Wot U Dun by Slade can't have the effect of being mind-blowing can it? Unless you've had 10 pints maybe.....
    Or it was their first snog at a school disco?

  19. #108
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    63
    Posts
    16,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or it was their first snog at a school disco?
    Speaking from personal experience??

  20. #109
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    14,309
    Cole’s Corner - Richard Hawley


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  21. #110
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,686
    Paul Weller - Wings of Speed

    https://youtu.be/hMoFzC6gEpQ

    Inspired by the Lady of Shalott, a painting by John William Waterhouse, which in turn is inspired by a Tennyson poem. The song was written at the time he was splitting up with his wife. Dee C Lee, so there's some of that in there too.


  22. #111
    Testimonial Due Santa Cruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Folsom Prison
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hear hear!

    I think this thread has gone a bit off course from the intention of "songs that blow your mind" to songs you just "like". I'm no musical snob but surely Look Wot U Dun by Slade can't have the effect of being mind-blowing can it? Unless you've had 10 pints maybe.....
    In that case...for some reason Kim Wilde popped up on my side bar in youtube. I've been listening to her tunes which then led me to Debbie Harry and then Lisa Stansfield. Forgot how much I liked them.

  23. #112
    Veni, Vidi, Posti degenerated's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    At a post-punk postcard fair
    Age
    50
    Posts
    11,208
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: dave7062
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you use Tapatalk on your phone or tablette you get an embedded image thing.

    Tablette, ooooh get you

    chewin-the-fat-5adf577a-e25a-4c09-9f76-2ca00818cb9-resize-750.jpg

  24. #113
    Veni, Vidi, Posti degenerated's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    At a post-punk postcard fair
    Age
    50
    Posts
    11,208
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: dave7062
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People won't look at your video links unless you say what they are.
    People won't look at mine if I do

  25. #114
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,686
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    (French auto-complete).

  26. #115
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    156

  27. #116
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    156

  28. #117
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,686
    Eric Bogle - And the band played Waltzing Matilda. If ever a song blew my mind...

    https://youtu.be/g57gR3Ne4Qk

  29. #118
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    63
    Posts
    16,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eric Bogle - And the band played Waltzing Matilda. If ever a song blew my mind...

    https://youtu.be/g57gR3Ne4Qk
    I'm welling up even thinking about it. The Pogues version is amazing.

  30. #119
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    54
    Posts
    28,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm welling up even thinking about it. The Pogues version is amazing.
    Nobody's bettered the Pogues' version - I only posted Eric Bogle because it's his song. I'm not sure how many folk are aware that it was written by a guy from Peebles.

  31. #120
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    156

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)