hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lorwood wee around when I was plying 1st division Edinburgh Amateur in 1973...they were the division below us.

Remember a guy called Les Sclater who played for them.
    Fred,

I played Lothian Amateur around that time. I do remember in the late 60s playing Lorwood - who I think were at that time one of the top amateur teams in the city - in the semi-final of the East of Scotland cup at Saughton Enclosure. Sadly, they beat us 4-0. (I can remember that but not what I had for breakfast yesterday!)

I knew Les through the BB; I think the last time I met him would be about 15 years ago. A very good, skillful player who I thought might have made it at a decent level.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    I honestly hated playing against Leith Athletic in the late 90’s they were a physical side and I played the age bracket two years above me, and I’m thinking back did McGregor mush me face down in the cold leith soil... probably...
    Aye they were a team that took no prisoners. They had some cracking players at that time though and a few of the boys around the same age group as Daz should have made it. I was the year below him and that was a top side at the time.

They were always a good bunch of boys in my experience. I played a couple of friendlies for them even though I was signed for another side.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    He's excellent in this week's press conference. I could listen to him all day.

https://youtu.be/N9q2GhjYd_0
    He is a very effective communicator in the true sense of the word.
    Compare his press conference this week with that of John Potter.
    Potters is perfunctory and as you say you could listen to Daz all day.

My wife and daughter have no interest in football but met Darren at an event a few years ago and were both smitten.
    His good looks helped but they were more impressed by how humble he was, how he made time for everyone put them at their ease and made a real effort with every photograph and conversation.

Can't think of a better ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    He is a very effective communicator in the true sense of the word.
    Compare his press conference this week with that of John Potter.
    Potters is perfunctory and as you say you could listen to Daz all day.

My wife and daughter have no interest in football but met Darren at an event a few years ago and were both smitten.
    His good looks helped but they were more impressed by how humble he was, how he made time for everyone put them at their ease and made a real effort with every photograph and conversation.

Can't think of a better ambassador
    We arranged for Daz to phone my sister on her birthday during the lockdown in May. She couldn't get him off the phone, he was genuinely interested in her work as a nurse and blethered away for ages. I've heard similar from a few people he has phoned over the last year or so. He just seems like a really engaging and decent guy.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years