hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don’t know why, but I suspect this thread was started by a Hearts fan. Mischief making at its finest.
    If it was, I take my hat off to him/her/it, the timing was perfect.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Does anyone currently at Hibs know the "whole situation"? If they don't (because nobody from those periods is still at the club), what are they meant to say?
    That's pure conjecture. Are you aware of all employees at the club and their length of service.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Do you know for a fact that there is nobody at the club at
    now, who was at the club at that period of time?

I'd be very interested to hear from anybody that was around at that time, but mostly the people that actually made the decision.

I'd honestly be surprised if there were many people still at Hibs from 25 years ago.

However, I think some people (I'm not saying you) are maybe going over the top a wee bit in their criticism of the current incumbents, who haven't actually done anything wrong.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    That's pure conjecture. Are you aware of all employees at the club and their length of service.
    What's this, the High Court?

What are the people currently running the club meant to say, given that they (very probably) don't know exactly what happened?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Does anyone currently at Hibs know the "whole situation"? If they don't (because nobody from those periods is still at the club), what are they meant to say?
    The only one I can think of would be Tam the kitman, Tam was groundsman at the time and when Mccafferty left I'm sure Tam got the job of kitman, there is plenty ex players who will remember his time at the club, Yogi will know him from his time at Hibs and possibly Falkirk, there is plenty folk to ask, Rod STF McLeish to name a few.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    The only one I can think of would be Tam the kitman, Tam was groundsman at the time and when Mccafferty left I'm sure Tam got the job of kitman, there is plenty ex players who will remember his time at the club, Yogi will know him from his time at Hibs and possibly Falkirk, there is plenty folk to ask, Rod STF McLeish to name a few.
    Pretty sure someone else was kitman when Tam was groundsman. Pat something? his surname escapes me.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

You are the one that wants people to back up statements with evidence. The people at the club at the moment may have no knowledge of what went on but you cannot assume that there is nobody who has not been with the club for a long time.

Are we really to believe that Hibs knowingly hired someone who everyone apparently knew was a paedophile and Hearts fans have waited all these decades to use it to try to point score? It seems so unlikely as to be unbelievable.

There's already been an independent review, surely the people who carried it out should have questioned those who were around? Or maybe they did and found nothing concrete to report?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Not a subject I feel I want to contribute a lot to as it disgusts me.

However if I was running Hibs I'm not sure I would be issuing an apology willy nilly.

Nobody at Easter Road in a position of authority would have been connected with the club at the time and am not sure getting to the truth would be an easy matter now.

Not doubting that Hibs employed the person mentioned but did they know when the gave him the job what he had been up to?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Pretty sure someone else was kitman when Tam was groundsman. Pat something? his surname escapes me.

Tam became kitman around 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'd be very interested to hear from anybody that was around at that time, but mostly the people that actually made the decision.

I'd honestly be surprised if there were many people still at Hibs from 25 years ago.

However, I think some people (I'm not saying you) are maybe going over the top a wee bit in their criticism of the current incumbents, who haven't actually done anything wrong.
    I think some have left the building recently who were around at the time.
    If there are any people out there at clubs mentioned in the report who knew what was going on with these individuals and did nothing, shame on you. I do not think this one will go away anytime soon as there will be a few journalists out there who will probe further.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    Are we really to believe that Hibs knowingly hired someone who everyone apparently knew was a paedophile and Hearts fans have waited all these decades to use it to try to point score? It seems so unlikely as to be unbelievable.

People at the club would have know. Nobody is that nieve.

What's this, the High Court?

What are the people currently running the club meant to say, given that they (very probably) don't know exactly what happened?
    ‘Sorry’ is a very good start along with not hiding the statement on our website and not putting it on social media.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post

It would be ridiculous. No supporter of any club can use this for point scoring - certainly not Jambos.

The Huns with their 'Big Jock Knew' stuff is really disgusting too, given that their own club is implicated. Oh sorry, I forgot, their club was only formed in 2012.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56019232

There's a very strong recommendation here about what we are meant to say, but apparently our club thinks it doesn't apply to us.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    ‘Sorry’ is a very good start along with not hiding the statement on our website and not putting it on social media.
    Hiding? Jeezo!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    If it was, I take my hat off to him/her/it, the timing was perfect.
    Yup!

They chucked the hand grenade of the link to the headline then nowhere to be seen and didn’t even pass comment on it themselves.

4 pages of us arguing amongst ourselves follows. Bravo indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56019232

There's a very strong recommendation here about what we are meant to say, but apparently our club thinks it doesn't apply to us.
    Hibs have said that they "deeply regret any suffering". If I had been wronged in any way, an official apology from someone who has been asked to do so, and who doesn't even know exactly what he's apologising for, wouldn't interest or placate me in the slightest.

Obviously that's just me.

Anyway, I'm definitely stopping here for this discussion.

If in doubt switch to the default position - outrage and criticism!

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Tam McManus certainly remembers McCafferty's time at Hibs

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scott...83656824460491

Hiding? Jeezo!
    It is hiding. Every single other statement goes on social media, except this one, why? 99% of our website traffic will go through social media because of something posted, so yes, it is hidden away where folk will need to go looking for it.

Hibs have said that they "deeply regret any suffering". If I had been wronged in any way, an official apology from someone who has been asked to do so, and who doesn't even know exactly what he's apologising for, wouldn't interest or placate me in the slightest.

Obviously that's just me.

Anyway, I'm definitely stopping here for this discussion.

If in doubt switch to the default position - outrage and criticism!
    If in doubt, defend vigorously. Works both ways.

Coaching Staff
    It is hiding. Every single other statement goes on social media, except this one, why? 99% of our website traffic will go through social media because of something posted, so yes, it is hidden away where folk will need to go looking for it.
    Do you think this one is appropriate to be opened up to the type of comments that would follow on Twitter and Facebook? Keeping it on the website is fairly sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Do you think this one is appropriate to be opened up to the type of comments that would follow on Twitter and Facebook? Keeping it on the website is fairly sensible.
    You can switch off comments. Makes it pointless and hollow sticking it on the website only.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Sorry for what exactly? For their predecessors at the club not knowing one of their employees had history?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Sorry for what exactly? For their predecessors at the club not knowing one of their employees had history?
    Failing to take the reports of Neely acting inappropriately seriously, failing to do sufficient background checks on McCafferty. That would do for starters.

Coaching Staff
    You can switch off comments. Makes it pointless and hollow sticking it on the website only.
    I don’t think where it is published is the main issue in how meaningful or otherwise this is.

Coaching Staff
    Failing to take the reports of Neely acting inappropriately seriously, failing to do sufficient background checks on McCafferty. That would do for starters.
    You are speculating. The current people at the club have to deal with what they have on official record.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Would an apology not be an admission of guilt and therefore open ourselves up to being sued for it?

It’s a horrible situation and all things considered I’m sure we would love to apologise but without knowing the financial penalty we might just not be able to risk that?

I know the people that suffered should be entitled to compensation and id love for them to be able to get it, the current board at Hibs though will need to have an eye on what potential impact that could have on the club.

Every chance I’m talking pish, I just got the impression the statement the club released was written carefully, probably by the lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I don’t think where it is published is the main issue in how meaningful or otherwise this is.
    Of course it is. It’s hardly going to be meaningful if no one sees it. If you don’t come onto a Hibs forum or frequent the Hibs website, would you see it? The answer to that is no. Social media is seen by far more people hence the majority of posts go on social media.