hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Apologies Act (Scotland) covers that.

An apology is a 'statement of sorrow or regret that does not of itself amount to an admission of negligence or a breach of statutory duty.'

It's inadmissible as evidence of liability in civil proceedings.

The way I'm reading it that's exactly what the club statement seeks to do - it doesn't directly address anything right enough but certainly expresses regret - while confirming the club's full commitment to high standards of child protection in the here and now. It comes across as a pre-prepared statement prepared in the knowledge something would have to be said without knowing the specifics of what it would be responding to.

I would hope that there would be some investigation going on within the club as to the specific circumstances of McCafferty's employment and any other aspects of the report involving Hibernian FC so that a more detailed statement can be made down the line.

For the time being there is nothing wrong with it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The way I'm reading it that's exactly what the club statement seeks to do - it doesn't directly address anything right enough but certainly expresses regret - while confirming the club's full commitment to high standards of child protection in the here and now. It comes across as a pre-prepared statement prepared in the knowledge something would have to be said without knowing the specifics of what it would be responding to.

I would hope that there would be some investigation going on within the club as to the specific circumstances of McCafferty's employment and any other aspects of the report involving Hibernian FC so that a more detailed statement can be made down the line.

For the time being there is nothing wrong with it.
    Hasn't there now been the detailed report?

I think that would be the end of it for Hibs unless there are any further details and specific accusations against employees during their time at Hibs.