hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can barely remember him. Says it all.
    He was like the complete opposite of Craig Brewster. Who we inexplicably felt the need to not offer a decent contract to.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    He was like the complete opposite of Craig Brewster. Who we inexplicably felt the need to not offer a decent contract to.
    We couldn't match Dunfermline's crazy wages...and look what happened to them as a result.

For Hibs. Yes. And I am being serious. Kubjabi included.
    Nowhere near. Plenty before him and plenty after. Kujabi shouldn’t even be mentioned when talking about worst player ever. Tarnished by his appearance in one game. He had more than a few decent games for us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    We couldn't match Dunfermline's crazy wages...and look what happened to them as a result.
    That’s incorrect. Brewster would have stayed for the same wages he was on when signed and we lowered them. I was mates through a mate with him at the time he loved being at Hibs and wanted to stay but didn’t feel wanted.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Nowhere near. Plenty before him and plenty after. Kujabi shouldn’t even be mentioned when talking about worst player ever. Tarnished by his appearance in one game. He had more than a few decent games for us.
    I genuinely can’t think of a worse player than The Tank. Genuinely. Maybe because he was a forward but it was torture watching him. Vine was better.

I genuinely can’t think of a worse player than The Tank. Genuinely. Maybe because he was a forward but it was torture watching him. Vine was better.
    Hurtado played for his country 70+ times and scored 30+ goals. He scored a goal in 12 goals for Hibs.

Vine - played 10 games for Hibs and was absolutely useless in every appearance. I used to watch him warm up and genuinely I’ve seen guys who never made it pro better at finishing.

Another useless player was OTJ but Vine offered nothing very similar to Josh Vela.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Hurtado actually scored for Hibs. That automatically makes him better than Vine, who never scored and was absolutely completely dreadful.

I don't think kuqi scored either, now there was a player who was passed it. Jonathan Johansson was another who was dreadfully bad.

Moving away from strikers there's been Patrick nouboussie, who always looked off the pace but in fairness was a cheap gamble by Collins that didn't work out.

I genuinely thought Colin Murdoch had won a competition to play for Hibs after his first 2-3 games but he eventually adjusted to the Scottish game and wasn't completely terrible every week.

We've had some shockers, I don't even wanna start talking about GK's!

But in the grand scheme, hurtado isn't anywhere near the title of Hibs' worst ever player, for me.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    The Tank, JJ and Kuqi were all clearly finished when they came to us but were all good players in their day. Think they should be ruled out of any worst player chat.

The Tank scored a one on one with a fine finish which automatically makes him better than dunces like Alan O'Brien and James Collins.

The tank probably is such a bad memory because of the good players that had played up front for us in previous seasons during that period when we had a decent team.
    Last edited by LaMotta; 13-02-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Hurtado played for his country 70+ times and scored 30+ goals. He scored a goal in 12 goals for Hibs.

Vine - played 10 games for Hibs and was absolutely useless in every appearance. I used to watch him warm up and genuinely I’ve seen guys who never made it pro better at finishing.

Another useless player was OTJ but Vine offered nothing very similar to Josh Vela.
    I can never get over the fact that Rowan Vine once commanded a seven figure transfer fee in England. That one fact alone tells you that the money available in England is utterly bonkers because he truly was an utterly dreadful player.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    The Tank, JJ and Kuqi were all clearly finished when they came to us but were all good players in their day. Think they should be ruled out of any worst player chat.

The Tank scored a one on one with a fine finish which automatically makes him better than dunces like Alan O'Brien and James Collins.

The tank probably is such a bad memory because of the good players that had played up front for us in previous seasons during that period when we had a decent team.
    James Collins was nowhere near as bad as people make out. In a different time and a better team, he could have scored a lot of goals for Hibs. He was only 22 as well, still learning.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    James Collins was nowhere near as bad as people make out. In a different time and a better team, he could have scored a lot of goals for Hibs. He was only 22 as well, still learning.
    We’re only a heartbeat away from someone mentioning Stuart Turnbull.

I’m out.

Agreed - although your banging your head against a brick wall trying to convince many of the folk on here otherwise. He’s tarnished with the Butcher brush unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Agreed - although your banging your head against a brick wall trying to convince many of the folk on here otherwise. He’s tarnished with the Butcher brush unfortunately.

He was rotten for Hibs. Couldn't trap, couldn't shoot, couldn't pass, couldn't dribble. Bullied by Hearts youth teams. Dreadful with us.

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    I can never get over the fact that Rowan Vine once commanded a seven figure transfer fee in England. That one fact alone tells you that the money available in England is utterly bonkers because he truly was an utterly dreadful player.
    I'm better at football than Rowan Vine, no where near as fit but I know what to do with a ball.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    He was rotten for Hibs. Couldn't trap, couldn't shoot, couldn't pass, couldn't dribble. Bullied by Hearts youth teams. Dreadful with us.
    He wasn't at all. He got absolutely no service, was used as a target man to hoof it to which he never was and never will be, and as such looked ineffective. He's a decent player.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He wasn't at all. He got absolutely no service, was used as a target man to hoof it to which he never was and never will be, and as such looked ineffective. He's a decent player.
    I disagree, he had enough opportunities to show what he could do for us, but was absolutely stinking in all aspects of his game I can think of. I’m fairly sure I didn’t miss a game he played for us at that time.

His development since he left us just has to be down to improvements in coaching or to his work rate. He’s carved out a decent career now and good luck to him, but was a disaster of a striker for us.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I disagree, he had enough opportunities to show what he could do for us, but was absolutely stinking in all aspects of his game I can think of. I’m fairly sure I didn’t miss a game he played for us at that time.

His development since he left us just has to be down to improvements in coaching or to his work rate. He’s carved out a decent career now and good luck to him, but was a disaster of a striker for us.
    Fair play - I look back at that era and see some players who were guff for us but were good before and after their spell at Hibs - James Collins being one of them. Victor Pallson has had a decent career since leaving us too.

We seemed to be terrible in terms of coaching, scouting and almost everything at a certain period and I can't help but feel that so many decent players may have fallen between the cracks back then.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Fair play - I look back at that era and see some players who were guff for us but were good before and after their spell at Hibs - James Collins being one of them. Victor Pallson has had a decent career since leaving us too.

We seemed to be terrible in terms of coaching, scouting and almost everything at a certain period and I can't help but feel that so many decent players may have fallen between the cracks back then.
    Whats Pallson up to now?

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Whats Pallson up to now?
    It's Palsson!

Whats Pallson up to now?
    I think the club he's at has put in a bid for Kevin Nesbit.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 17-02-2021 at 02:34 PM.

I think the club he's at has put in a bid for Kevin Nesbit.
    Played for Iceland against England recently, did he not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    It's Palsson!
    Typo rage should only occur in the case of current squad players. Once they’ve left we should be able to spell however we want. Leigh Anne Dempster, don’t slam the door on your way oot...

Typo rage should only occur in the case of current squad players. Once they’ve left we should be able to spell however we want. Leigh Anne Dempster, don’t slam the door on your way oot...
    Lee Grithiffs isn't very easy to say.

Quote Originally Posted by allyh1bs View Post
    Played for Iceland against England recently, did he not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea played the full 90 minutes. Playing in the German second tier for Darmstadt.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Aye he was murder. McLeish's parting gift before pissing off along the M8.

I do remember his one and only goal for us v Stranraer in the cup replay where he sprang to life and you saw a glimpse of a player.
    I sat a couple of rows back from Craig Brewster, his arm in a sling, at the first tie watching Hibs scrap to a 0-0 as our season unravelled. I remember thinking that something wasn't going quite right......

Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm sure the tank scored for us against Killie, i had to get a seat in the south stand and sure he scored at that end , was it not a crucial goal that season as we were hovering above relegation ? Mind you i could be utterly wrong !

He was absolutely dreadful in 4 out the 5 derbies that year against the worst Hearts team in living memory. He was terrible for Hibs and I've never seen a player have so many excuses trotted out by people to claim otherwise.

The fact he scored a few goals in the English lower leagues before and after he joined us says more about the overstated standard down there than anything else.

Agree 100% with this!

Worst player I’ve ever seen play for Hibs. The guy couldn’t even walk fast let alone run.
    You must not have been at the game where Hakim Sar played.