hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar

hibs green and white army camouflage scarf

Hi everyone

Bit of a random request

When Terry Butcher was boss ( I know, sorry) hibs had a green and white army camouflage scarf

Sadly I never purchased it - but I still want one!

Would anyone have one that I could beg, borrow, steal or purchase?

Thanks in advance

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Everything that existed during that Terry Butcher period should be burned in a voodoo-like ritual to rid us of the evil that surrounded us all in that time. Hope this is your intention

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everything that existed during that Terry Butcher period should be burned in a voodoo-like ritual to rid us of the evil that surrounded us all in that time. Hope this is your intention
    I'm trying to remember it

I think it had GREEN AND WHITE ARMY on it with the hibs badge either side

No mention of Terry... I hope

I have tried for weeks to find mine :)

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    lol good one

I remember having the chance to have a chat with LD before a meeting she held and happened to mention the TBGAWA ST campaign. She just shook her head and said it 'wasn't the best'. She was pushed on it later on at the same meeting but had to remain pretty non committal as TB was still in place at the time. Safe to say our ST campaigns improved pretty quickly after that effort.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I remember having the chance to have a chat with LD before a meeting she held and happened to mention the TBGAWA ST campaign. She just shook her head and said it 'wasn't the best'. She was pushed on it later on at the same meeting but had to remain pretty non committal as TB was still in place at the time. Safe to say our ST campaigns improved pretty quickly after that effort.
    https://theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2...nd-white-army/

“I’m on a mission to bring glory days back to our magnificent stadium, I need you to sign up for active duty. We need your backing – all of you – and not just for the very necessary financial reasons but also to create a Fortress Easter Road that our opponents will fear to visit.
    “Imagine a fully manned and impregnable Fortress Easter Road? And good football played out in a packed and passionate atmosphere? We all have that shared goal. And it’s ours to seize.
    “Any General is only as good as the troops he leads. That’s why I’m personally inviting you to enrol today and become part of my Green and White Army now…”

Hell's bells

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post

“I’m on a mission to bring glory days back to our magnificent stadium, I need you to sign up for active duty. We need your backing – all of you – and not just for the very necessary financial reasons but also to create a Fortress Easter Road that our opponents will fear to visit.
    “Imagine a fully manned and impregnable Fortress Easter Road? And good football played out in a packed and passionate atmosphere? We all have that shared goal. And it’s ours to seize.
    “Any General is only as good as the troops he leads. That’s why I’m personally inviting you to enrol today and become part of my Green and White Army now…”

Hell's bells

Makes me want to dig out my Argentina scarf.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    I'm trying to remember it

I think it had GREEN AND WHITE ARMY on it with the hibs badge either side

No mention of Terry... I hope
    Terry who?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Terry Butcher looking down on me with his teeth bared and fists clenched like in the promo photos is my sleep paralysis demon.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Terry Butcher looking down on me with his teeth bared and fists clenched like in the promo photos is my sleep paralysis demon.
    😂

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I remember being in the club shop trying to get a couple of things and they had the TBGAWA car stickers alongside the Persevered ones! I was disgusted.

It was as though they’d brought Scott Allan off the bench to get some playing time in a semi final or something.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I don't want any reminders of that ***** time as manager. I never want to see his stupid ******* puss ever again.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I still have one of these horrific scarves ... and it's all yours
    It was never properly mine anyhow as it was 'saved' from Hampden - left lying after a disappointing result.
    Just can't have that ... cameras panning round the abandoned scarves after the game and all that.
    Still want it ?
    PS. It's like new.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Head View Post
    I still have one of these horrific scarves ... and it's all yours
    It was never properly mine anyhow as it was 'saved' from Hampden - left lying after a disappointing result.
    Just can't have that ... cameras panning round the abandoned scarves after the game and all that.
    Still want it ?
    PS. It's like new.
    That would be brilliant
    Cheers Cabbage
    I’ll PM you
    GGTTH

LD wasn’t at Hibs until that season ended and one of her first jobs was to sack Butcher. She must have only been in position days before she emptied him. Was the meeting in that short period between her joining and him leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    LD wasn’t at Hibs until that season ended and one of her first jobs was to sack Butcher. She must have only been in position days before she emptied him. Was the meeting in that short period between her joining and him leaving?
    Yep. Think it was the weekend after we were relegated.

It was the same day as the protest that Kano organised. I think Butcher was emptied during the following week.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Yep. Think it was the weekend after we were relegated.

It was the same day as the protest that Kano organised. I think Butcher was emptied during the following week.
    Ah right. I was in the car park that day. A bit of an embarrassment with the benefit of hindsight. Especially with some of the stuff that’s come from Kane since.

I think it was a good couple of weeks after the Hamilton game that Butcher got his jotters.

Dempster appointed 1st June.

Butcher sacked 10th June.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    There was a lapse of a week or two because Butcher was away on Holiday and Dempster wanted to meet him.

Anything to do with that time at Hibs including anything to do with Butchers army schite gives me the dry boak, ****in terrible that they remained on good money from Hibs for so long after almost wrecking our great club.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    As soon as he did that I realised we had made a grave error. I was one who was keen on appointing him given his record, but after his clowning about at the official unveiling I immediately started to fear for the worse.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    There was a lapse of a week or two because Butcher was away on Holiday and Dempster wanted to boot **** out of his baws.
    FTFY

So not everyone was a fan...

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post

Hell's bells

"But while I enjoy learning about the Club’s rich past – I’d rather be making history than learning about it. And together, we can write a new chapter."

Shivers just reading that..

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Makes me want to dig out my Argentina scarf.
    I have a Mario Kempes poster that I'll sell to you......