hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020 (nhc)

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    With just two months until our opening UEFA EURO 2020 match against Czech Republic, we have had confirmation approximately 12,000 fans will be allowed into Hampden.
    UEFA will be issuing an email to all ticket holders shortly to advise on the returns process for those fans who decide not to travel and next steps.
    We will be in touch with Scotland Supporters Club members once we have confirmation of potential allocations from UEFA.

Email from the SSC today.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m guaranteed a ticket for Wembley but will miss out on Hampden due to not having enough points. I do wonder how they will sell the tickets to the SSC.
    I wonder if there will be more tickets as Czechia and Croats maybe pull out of travelling.

There have been some nightmares, especially the Welsh travelling fans. With Azerbaijan and Rome being a nightmare with visas and potential quarantine.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Are you allowed to go to the toilet and is it one in one out ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats the usual Hampden bog experience anyway.

Ryan Jack's season is over and he's not going to be part of the squad. Bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Ryan Jack's season is over and he's not going to be part of the squad. Bad news.
    McBurnie and Jack out in the same week.
    Jack is a different type of player from the other midfielders and a loss from Clarke's team plan.

THE Tartan Army will be banned from celebrating together at the Euros - after UEFA ruled fans must sit alone with a four seat gap to the next person.The measures will apply to our group matches at Hampden against the Czech Republic and Croatia, as well as the clash with England at Wembley.
    Scotland supporters bosses were told at a summit with tourney chiefs that even families from the same household won’t be able to sit next to each other.
    The meeting last week heard that the stadium will have 25 per cent capacity meaning 3600 Scots will be allowed in.
    The Association of Tartan Army Clubs said in an update: “We asked if bubble/same household seating would likely offer the opportunity of a small increase in our allocation.
    “However it appears a directive from UEFA states that ALL seats will be socially distanced, and have 3 or 4 between them, irrespective of who you order with.
    “The current English roadmap suggests that they may move from 25% to 50% capacity between their 2nd and 3rd group games.
    “Current plans are that all their group matches will be at 25%. Any move to 50% would be based on test event data.
    “This will be important to us for when we play our semi final and final at Wembley!!!”
    The meeting was attended by ATAC Chair Martin Riddell and Vice Chair Graeme Baxter.
    They discussed plans with representatives from the Met Police, English FA, Police Scotland, London Mayor’s office, British Transport Police and supporters groups from our opponents England, Czech Republic and Croatia.
    Supporters also won’t be allowed to have a bevy on the underground to the match - and trains to London are set to be booze free.
    The ATAC said: “No drinking alcohol is permitted on the underground.
    “Dry trains may be implemented in the day running up to the match, although a decision has not yet been made. Alcohol is currently not allowed on trains due to Covid restrictions.”
    And it’s bad news for fans wanting to descend on the traditional pre-match party HQ at Trafalgar Square.
    The fans group said: “The Trafalgar Square fan zone mentioned last month will be in operation for all matches at Wembley and all England fixtures.
    “No decision yet on the capacity but as stated last month, this is for watching matches rather than a pre-match party. It will be ticketed.
    “We asked for alternative suggestions for Scotland fans to gather at but there are currently no plans for this."
    Last night Iain Emerson, editor of the Famous Tartan Army Magazine said: “It seems very strange that fans from the same bubble cant sit next to each other.
    “The snooker final on Sunday had fans all next to each other and that was indoors. And the FA Cup final had fans together. And there was 3000 people for an indoor rave in Liverpool.
    “As far as I know there haven’t been any issues since these vents. If fans have to show a negative test result then I think that’s fair enough, but it should mean they can sit next to their family and friends.
    “When, not if, Scotland score I can’t see fans not grabbing the person closest to them. I’ve never been to a match and not cuddled anyone.”
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...er-euros-uefa/
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 06-05-2021 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    I've just cancelled my trip to London.

It's nobody's fault but that just sounds absolutely crap. I'll have more fun watching it here with some mates having a few cans.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I hope the bandwagon jumpers, who have no chance of a ticket, who are booked to go for a piss up in Trafalgar Square realise it’s not happening this time and pubs will be near impossible to get in to so cancel their plans. This is not a normal Wembley trip.

Email from the SSC this afternoon confirms they are still waiting on ticket allocation from Uefa.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I hope the bandwagon jumpers, who have no chance of a ticket, who are booked to go for a piss up in Trafalgar Square realise it’s not happening this time and pubs will be near impossible to get in to so cancel their plans. This is not a normal Wembley trip.
    Why would you hope fans cancel their plans? If they want to go let them. Won’t be impossible to get into pubs, I’ve already booked into a number of them, Hyde park is sounding like a realistic piss up option on the Friday. London in the sun will be glorious along with thousands of other Scots!

That’s the reverse ticket ballot emails starting to be sent out by UEFA.

That’s the reverse ticket ballot emails starting to be sent out by UEFA.
    Any luck mate or you still waiting on the SSC allocation like me

Any luck mate or you still waiting on the SSC allocation like me
    I’m waiting on the PNA tickets via SSC.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Why would you hope fans cancel their plans? If they want to go let them. Won’t be impossible to get into pubs, I’ve already booked into a number of them, Hyde park is sounding like a realistic piss up option on the Friday. London in the sun will be glorious along with thousands of other Scots!
    Because I suspect London is going to be difficult enough to get in anywhere without thousands of ticketless fans. It’s proving impossible to find venues for organising club gatherings and with the police unable to let us know which areas near the stadium will be available and pubs waiting on the rules changing, it’s going to be very last minute. Current regulations mean pubs are operating at 30% capacity.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    kenny McLean appeared on crutches at the end of the Norwich game, Lyndon Dykes injured before HT in QPR game didn't appear 2nd half

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Because I suspect London is going to be difficult enough to get in anywhere without thousands of ticketless fans. It’s proving impossible to find venues for organising club gatherings and with the police unable to let us know which areas near the stadium will be available and pubs waiting on the rules changing, it’s going to be very last minute. Current regulations mean pubs are operating at 30% capacity.
    Also remember the Johnny come lately England fans who come out every two years for a tournament will be coming out to the pubs to watch the game in droves, London has a population of 8 million.

If I don’t get a ticket I’ll be watching at home. It just won’t be the same. Was at Wembley in 2013 and 2016, it just won’t be the same this time.

J
    Last edited by Bristolhibby; 08-05-2021 at 06:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Has there been any chat about how they are going to decide who goes to these games?

I have tickets for x2 games at Hampden and the Semi final at Wembley. The Hampden games aren't a big issue for me if its decided last minute but I'll still need to book time off work etc.

I'll need to know soon for the Wembley game as will need to be sort out a couple days off work at least, plus trains, hotel etc.

They really need to let fans know ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Has there been any chat about how they are going to decide who goes to these games?

I have tickets for x2 games at Hampden and the Semi final at Wembley. The Hampden games aren't a big issue for me if its decided last minute but I'll still need to book time off work etc.

I'll need to know soon for the Wembley game as will need to be sort out a couple days off work at least, plus trains, hotel etc.

They really need to let fans know ASAP.
    Have seen people getting refunds for these games. Check your Uefa account mate.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Got my email from UEFA last night, balloted out and getting a refund. Gutted but no surprise.

"We are sorry to inform you that your ticket(s) for UEFA EURO 2020 have been cancelled as per the ballot process for matches where the number of sold tickets exceeded the new permitted seating capacities. For tickets purchased through the Participating National Associations sales programme, the rules of the respective fan clubs were applied."

That’s up to individuals to decide, you are allowed to travel around the UK now and whether folk like it or not, there will be thousands of fans going down, the trains and planes are already rammed. Atmosphere will be outstanding and I’m delighted the fans are heading down in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    That’s up to individuals to decide, you are allowed to travel around the UK now and whether folk like it or not, there will be thousands of fans going down, the trains and planes are already rammed. Atmosphere will be outstanding and I’m delighted the fans are heading down in numbers.
    Did I say it wasn’t up to the individual to decide? I just expressed my opinion that I hope they decide not to travel and gave my reasons for coming to that opinion. Your opinion is different and you are as entitled to that opinion as I am mine.

I genuinely think the atmosphere will not compare to previous Wembley trips, for obvious reasons. It definitely won’t compare to 96 unfortunately. Hope the result doesn’t either.
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 09-05-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Did I say it wasn’t up to the individual to decide? I just expressed my opinion that I hope they decide not to travel and gave my reasons for coming to that opinion. Your opinion is different and you are as entitled to that opinion as I am mine.

I genuinely think the atmosphere will not compare to previous Wembley trips, for obvious reasons. It definitely won’t compare to 96 unfortunately. Hope the result doesn’t either.
    Whether it compares or not (I was 3 so would have no idea), I’ve no doubt it’ll still be a cracking atmosphere which I can’t wait for.

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers, had a look and definitely no email or anything on my account. Will keep an eye out.

I know lots of peeps going without tickets the price of train and air fares are getting silly

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Got my email from UEFA last night, balloted out and getting a refund. Gutted but no surprise.

"We are sorry to inform you that your ticket(s) for UEFA EURO 2020 have been cancelled as per the ballot process for matches where the number of sold tickets exceeded the new permitted seating capacities. For tickets purchased through the Participating National Associations sales programme, the rules of the respective fan clubs were applied."
    Got the same email. Absolutely gutted to miss the Croatia game. I still have tickets, at the moment, for the knockout game at Hampden which could potentially involve Scotland. If UEFA ballot holders exceeded the allowable capacity then I can't see how the SSC will get any allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Left Peg View Post
    Got the same email. Absolutely gutted to miss the Croatia game. I still have tickets, at the moment, for the knockout game at Hampden which could potentially involve Scotland. If UEFA ballot holders exceeded the allowable capacity then I can't see how the SSC will get any allocation.
    The SSC are getting 20% of tickets for each game.

The SSC are getting 20% of tickets for each game.
    The Participating Nations Allowance is 16% of the available capacity. Wembley around 3500, Hampden around 2000. 11 points should get you a ticket for Wembley and 16 points for Hampden. That's assuming they use the same criteria for each game. They may split it so more folk get 1 ticket rather than the same folk get 3 tickets.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree - it won't compare in the slightest to any of the games Scotland have played in London in the last few decades (England, Nigeria, Brazil).

Trafalgar Square will be a no go area due to fan zone, and pubs will be mobbed in reduced capacity, most likely by English fans and folk just enjoying the new freedoms in the summer.

I live down here and have friends coming down (maybe) and I'm at a loss what to plan.

Talk of having to get to stadiums 3 hours before KO for timed tickets and all the medical and security checks. Also stories of the rigmarole of getting into the recent League Cup Final at Wembley means it'll be a duty rather than a pleasure to attend.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Kenny McLean is out of the Euros with knee injury