hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020 (nhc)

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Judging by my work colleagues, there will be major disquiet if Sturgeon doesn’t largely mirror the English roadmap out of lockdown. I’ll be gutted if I can’t get to at least one of the three group games Scotland play.
    She will always try to do her one upmanship on Boris to demonstrate how rubbish the English are. Boris has been fairly cautious for once so will be interesting to see what her spin will be tomorrow.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    She will always try to do her one upmanship on Boris to demonstrate how rubbish the English are. Boris has been fairly cautious for once so will be interesting to see what her spin will be tomorrow.
    Her spin? Deary me.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Wow her spin complete nonsense.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    You are obviously not a NS fan which is entirely your right, but if you think that its just her that has demonstrated the (not very tricky) ability to show Boris up for the clueless upper class twit that he is then you need to open your eyes.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Wow her spin complete nonsense.

so much ignorance in just one post

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Shall I move this to the Holy Ground?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

As said above, that's a poor post tbh.

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    For once and I mean once Boris has played a blinder on his roadmap. He has universally got buy-in going by today’s reaction.

Football and travel (home and abroad) along with when we will be out of this are major sweetspots for many. Sturgeon admitted today she left four nation call to do her own daily press conference. Tomorrow is a big day for her and I hope the SFA are ready to go tonto if she takes very different approach.
    I wonder if Bojo has told the virus?

And she left the meeting early. Bojo has missed umpteen COBRA meetings
    Last edited by Basildon Hibs; 22-02-2021 at 11:59 PM.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    First Minister Nicola Sturgeon will address Holyrood today but is not expected to outline plans for potential Hampden crowds — or even if Scots will be allowed to travel over the border by June.

If true imagine Hampden having no fans but England games full of capacity in June. Can rightly see people p####d off with that decision.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    First Minister Nicola Sturgeon will address Holyrood today but is not expected to outline plans for potential Hampden crowds — or even if Scots will be allowed to travel over the border by June.

If true imagine Hampden having no fans but England games full of capacity in June. Can rightly see people p####d off with that decision.
    Outwitted by Boris Johnson. Jeez. May elections will be sorted though, 100% never in danger.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Just remember that all of the bold promises are dependent on a very specific set of data going in the right directions.

Its entirely feasible that - having stated that all restrictions will disappear by 21 June - that this doesnt happen.

I hope it does, but the English govt has a history of failed bold promises on Covid.

Outwitted by Boris Johnson. Jeez. May elections will be sorted though, 100% never in danger.
    You do understand that Boris has to say all of this because he has a bunch of idiots in the backbench screaming for everything to be opened up? Hence he can say anything and everything.............and caveat it by saying that the data has to stack up.

You think that elections in May is decided by NS? I dont think you understand how these decisions are made.

Also, you seem to think that every single decision NS makes is made to annoy football fans..............her husband is a Hibby.

All Johnson has done is what he always does be the populist and try and get people to like him with Ill thought out announcements which aren't in any way predictions that can't and usually are changed. Definitely trying to put pressure on SG particularly in regard to sporting dates around about the Euros. Will be interesting to see how UEFA react to that.

Did one of the journos ask the question about how many deaths this would cause by opening up when significant numbers of the population won't be vaccinated by then? Think 30k was mentioned

If it is safe to do so then they would be right to be annoyed however have serious doubts this will happen. Even if June 21st happens that is after the Wembley game where they are currently predicting max of 10k if all goes well. UEFA will decide I assume.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    You seem very confident that Boris’ roadmap will go off without a hitch and every date for easing restrictions will be met, this seems very odd given the sheer number of times over the past year that he’s over promised and under delivered when it comes to this pandemic. I don’t think there’s any chance we’ll be back to normal by June with full crowds, no matter what Boris has said.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 23-02-2021 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You seem very confident that Boris’ roadmap will go off without a hitch and every date for easing restrictions will be met, this seems very odd given the sheer number of times over the past year that he’s over promised and under delivered when it comes to this pandemic. I don’t think there’s any chance we’ll be back to normal by June with full crowds, no matter what Boris has said.
    For once in this whole mess it actually feels like a semi-thought out plan and we all need a bit of hope at the moment. The public need to see some goals and come carrots dangled to keep them engaged and onside as much as possible with ongoing restrictions for the next 4 months.

However, Covid is not just going to magically dissapear in June and mask wearing and social distancing could be with us for a lot longer. The worry is the tone of the reporting this morning, using emotive terms like Freedom, sends the wrong message.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    You are obviously not a NS fan which is entirely your right, but if you think that its just her that has demonstrated the (not very tricky) ability to show Boris up for the clueless upper class twit that he is then you need to open your eyes.
    Boris is an idiot as this last year has clearly shown, where incisive leadership and clear thinking has been absent at every turn so it's not hard to show him up.

Left by mutual consent!
    BBB

Bring back Blair.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    BBB

Bring back Blair.
    Never really rated Jim. We have had loads better forwards than him

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Just remember that all of the bold promises are dependent on a very specific set of data going in the right directions.

Its entirely feasible that - having stated that all restrictions will disappear by 21 June - that this doesnt happen.

I hope it does, but the English govt has a history of failed bold promises on Covid.

You do understand that Boris has to say all of this because he has a bunch of idiots in the backbench screaming for everything to be opened up? Hence he can say anything and everything.............and caveat it by saying that the data has to stack up.

You think that elections in May is decided by NS? I dont think you understand how these decisions are made.

Also, you seem to think that every single decision NS makes is made to annoy football fans..............her husband is a Hibby.
    I can’t stand Boris Johnson. My dislike towards him and his cronies is in a scale I could never imagine. He has overseen disaster after disaster. However his plan yesterday was as clear and fairly balanced roadmap to date. I have no doubt things could go to the right however for many people HOPE is everything. This is not 2020. We have a vaccine, scientists are openly saying the early results on effectiveness are astonishing. Israel real live data is showing numbers drop off a cliff, they have just reopened. Sky published a chart yesterday which has the UK as the strictest lockdown of all major countries (currently) yet we have the 3rd fastest rollout of vaccine.

I have been a huge fan of NS approach on this pandemic up to the turn of the year. She has forgotten about the need to balance life. She can’t get rid of it as we border with England and they are not trying to completely extinguish the virus. The reason people are getting infected right now is in the main down to complete idiots who can’t control themselves (house parties). We can’t go endless months because of the minority in this country but I fear NS only interests is health for all regardless.

Anyway back to football and hampden in June. My daughter is back at school yesterday for art and design (5th year) - she takes the daily covid test at home and has a result in minutes. Is it really that unreasonable to insist that say 10k fans do this on morning of the game and upload results into a secure site for checking at gate? Last week SAGE confirmed zero /zilch/nada covid infections from beaches last summer in the UK despite all the alarming crowded pictures. So outside it now is clear reduced the risk significantly.
    Last edited by Col2; 23-02-2021 at 08:36 AM.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I can’t stand Boris Johnson. My dislike towards him and his cronies is in a scale I could never imagine. He has overseen disaster after disaster. However his plan yesterday was as clear and fairly balanced roadmap to date. I have no doubt things could go to the right however for many people HOPE is everything. This is not 2020. We have a vaccine, scientists are openly saying the early results on effectiveness are astonishing. Israel real live data is showing numbers drop off a cliff, they have just reopened. Sky published a chart yesterday which has the UK as the strictest lockdown of all major countries (currently) yet we have the 3rd fastest rollout of vaccine.

I have been a huge fan of NS approach on this pandemic up to the turn of the year. She has forgotten about the need to balance life. She can’t get rid of it as we border with England and they are not trying to completely extinguish the virus. The reason people are getting infected right now is in the main down to complete idiots who can’t control themselves (house parties). We can’t go endless months because of the minority in this country but I fear NS only interests is health for all regardless.
    Completely agree with almost every word

The only thing I’d disagree on is the bit about idiots at house party. I know I’ll be in the minority, I’ve just come to the conclusion that everyone has their breaking point, that’s been a year these young folks have lost of their lives. Maintaining a strict lockdown isn’t sustainable anymore, young ones in particular need to be allowed to live again. I’m passed the stage of judging people who break the rules now.

The most vulnerable have been vaccinated, the country needs to open up again.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

The only thing I’d disagree on is the bit about idiots at house party. I know I’ll be in the minority, I’ve just come to the conclusion that everyone has their breaking point, that’s been a year these young folks have lost of their lives. Maintaining a strict lockdown isn’t sustainable anymore, young ones in particular need to be allowed to live again. I’m passed the stage of judging people who break the rules now.

Yes you are right. People are on the edge and my use of the word idiotic is a little unfair. Having a 16 and 11 year old and watching the impact on them is tough. For those older but still young it must be so so tough. It’s part of growing up and experiencing life.

@hibs.net private member

And rightly so. Simplistic twaddle.

Left by mutual consent!

They haven’t been completely vaccinated. My old man has to wait three months for his second jag to be secure.

@hibs.net private member
    Yes you are right. People are on the edge and my use of the word idiotic is a little unfair. Having a 16 and 11 year old and watching the impact on them is tough. For those older but still young it must be so so tough. It’s part of growing up and experiencing life.

Your use of the word was spot on IMO. This virus is serious stuff and made worse through selfish actions.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Please tell me more about how you experienced a Pandemic during your 20s.

@hibs.net private member

Their is no promise here... just a well structured approach with each stage assessed before the next stage is confirmed after meeting the required levels of infection rate improvement. I am no Boris/Tory groupie by any means but you should not poo poo a good plan just because you don't like where it came from.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    This makes sense other than it’s the day before the phase 4 Boris ‘no earlier than...” roadmap..
    Right enough I’ve never heard Johnson perform a U-Turn before.

J

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    Their is no promise here... just a well structured approach with each stage assessed before the next stage is confirmed after meeting the required levels of infection rate improvement. I am no Boris/Tory groupie by any means but you should not poo poo a good plan just because you don't like where it came from.
    Why the need to attach dates as he has done? It’s certainly a decent plan but a whole lot of folk are now expecting to be free of all restrictions by June no matter what caveats Boris has added.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar

Anyway back to football and hampden in June. My daughter is back at school yesterday for art and design (5th year) - she takes the daily covid test at home and has a result in minutes. Is it really that unreasonable to insist that say 10k fans do this on morning of the game and upload results into a secure site for checking at gate? Last week SAGE confirmed zero /zilch/nada covid infections from beaches last summer in the UK despite all the alarming crowded pictures. So outside it now is clear reduced the risk significantly.
    A great post and I’m confident that’s the thoughts of a growing number of the population.

Testimonial Due
    Why the need to attach dates as he has done? It’s certainly a decent plan but a whole lot of folk are now expecting to be free of all restrictions by June no matter what caveats Boris has added.
    Nah it'll all be fine, not like the last big concrete promise of easing over Christmas didn't blow up in everyone's face...