hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020 (nhc)

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SSC tickets have not gone on sale yet.

I believe the Croatia v Czech game is the same time as England v Scotland so can’t see that being a huge draw with locals.
    It's on the same day, but not the same time. I have tickets for it, and have been fretting about the logistics 😆

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's on the same day, but not the same time. I have tickets for it, and have been fretting about the logistics 😆
    Haha would be a good double header.

https://apnews.com/article/europe-international-soccer-sports-europe-dublin-coronavirus-pandemic-15f4f23d4b6afdeece6889ae15ef1c99

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/bbcchrismclaug/s...668216841?s=21

Imagine the seething from most people (myself included) if we can’t go to Hampden but England has full capacity crowds?
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 04-03-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

Imagine the seething from most people (myself included) if we can’t go to Hampden but England has full capacity crowds?
    I don’t think that seethe is the right word to use here.. bewilderment is more what I was thinking.

All the other nations are just guessing. They can't possibly be making cast iron guarantees. So why can't Scotland and Ireland do the same?

Who do Uefa think they are? What happens if a host caves just now and says "yes" but there's a problem in that city when its game comes around that means the city can't allow people to attend? Will uefa pull the venue at the last minute? If they would then where's the point in taking assurances now? And if they wouldn't where's the need for assurances at all?

This isn't about the fans. This is about the appearance of uefa's product. There are far more important considerations just now so uefa really should just wind their neck in.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    All the other nations are just guessing. They can't possibly be making cast iron guarantees. So why can't Scotland and Ireland do the same?
    Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

If we do as the Jambos did this season and give people hope of attending the game you disappoint and get grief if that can't happen.

If they take a more cautious approach and fans do get in then it's "why didn't you tell us sooner?"

Prepare for the worst hope for the best is the only thing we as fans can do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Who do Uefa think they are? What happens if a host caves just now and says "yes" but there's a problem in that city when its game comes around that means the city can't allow people to attend? Will uefa pull the venue at the last minute? If they would then where's the point in taking assurances now? And if they wouldn't where's the need for assurances at all?

This isn't about the fans. This is about the appearance of uefa's product. There are far more important considerations just now so uefa really should just wind their neck in.
    UEFA are a commercial organisation. As such, they have to plan their business in advance. The process they're going through just now is part of that planning. Were they not to do so, they would be leaving things too late to organise, and (rightly) come in for a lot of stick.

I think they're in a difficult position, but I can't see what else we can expect them to do 3 months out from the tournament.

Talk of moving any games from Dublin and Glasgow to down south.

UEFA are a commercial organisation. As such, they have to plan their business in advance. The process they're going through just now is part of that planning. Were they not to do so, they would be leaving things too late to organise, and (rightly) come in for a lot of stick.

I think they're in a difficult position, but I can't see what else we can expect them to do 3 months out from the tournament.
    I get that, but what use are assurances at the moment ( or in the next four weeks)? Nothing can be guaranteed, so what happens if assurances prove false in reality?

Not to take away from that, what do they mean by fans? I don't know the answer - are they talking about, in our case, punters from Glasgow or are they wanting folk from all over to be able to go? That's not aimed at you, CWG, if you don't know either!

@hibs.net private member
    Not to take away from that, what do they mean by fans? I don't know the answer - are they talking about, in our case, punters from Glasgow or are they wanting folk from all over to be able to go? That's not aimed at you, CWG, if you don't know either!
    In this case, fans = sponsors (probably)

I get that, but what use are assurances at the moment ( or in the next four weeks)? Nothing can be guaranteed, so what happens if assurances prove false in reality?

The bit in bold is the key thing for the SG.

If UEFA want Czechs and Croatians in Glasgow, the SG would probably say no at this stage. That leaves UEFA with a financial problem, as well as a logistical one.

If UEFA say "locals only", the SG might say yes. But that still leaves UEFA with a financial problem, in that the Czech and Croatian fans would need to be reimbursed.

The problem is so many people are now risk averse to the point of 100% caution is the new normal. “Can I go for a walk with a friend Nicola?”
    Last edited by Col2; 04-03-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Maybe they have a clear plan on how to restrict attendance and control it through staggered entry and exit, pre testing, 20% capacity a d have a government that can see not everything is a black or white answer? NS is opening religious venues unrestricted for Easter. 150 people in a mosque for 2 hours x 100 or 10k people outside in a 52k stadium?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Talk of moving any games from Dublin and Glasgow to down south.
    That might be the best chance of Scotland fans seeing any games.

United we stand here....

UEFA deadline is tomorrow 7/4.

First Minister just confirmed that they are making a submission which they hope will allow “a substantial” amount of supporters into to the games at Hampden. But wouldn’t get into any of the details.

My guess would be up to 25% say c 12-13k

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post

First Minister just confirmed that they are making a submission which they hope will allow “a substantial” amount of supporters into to the games at Hampden. But wouldn’t get into any of the details.

Would love to know how ticket sales will work for these games.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    And if fans from overseas will be allowed to attend

12-13k are rougly the amount given to sponaore from what I remember, so no Czech fans or many overseas I would think.
    Oh just something I thought about, maybe its the reason why Englands opening up so quickly?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    The bit in bold is the key thing for the SG.

If UEFA want Czechs and Croatians in Glasgow, the SG would probably say no at this stage. That leaves UEFA with a financial problem, as well as a logistical one.

If UEFA say "locals only", the SG might say yes. But that still leaves UEFA with a financial problem, in that the Czech and Croatian fans would need to be reimbursed.
    This is exactly it - the commercial considerations for UEFA are massive - and at the very least they want sponsors at matches. Unfortunately if those sponsors are from another country, its against the law for them to fly into Scotland (or to bypass it coming via England).

It will be interesting if UEFA do a press release suggesting that people should travel internationally - that would be "brave" at the moment...............

Maybe they have a clear plan on how to restrict attendance and control it through staggered entry and exit, pre testing, 20% capacity a d have a government that can see not everything is a black or white answer? NS is opening religious venues unrestricted for Easter. 150 people in a mosque for 2 hours x 100 or 10k people outside in a 52k stadium?
    Its 50 people max (including any staff, minister, or whatever), must have done risk assessment, have minimum 2m gaps for distancing and no singing.

So you are right - totally unrestricted...................

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Irish government not giving any reassurances about fans getting in
    Not sure how many games are scheduled for Dublin

Does this thread also enable discussions about swapping doubles on my "Panini - EURO 2020" sticker album...

Likelihood is that, number wise, they have already sold the majority of the tickets that will be allowed.

Whether they match up with the nationality of those allowed is a separate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This is exactly it - the commercial considerations for UEFA are massive - and at the very least they want sponsors at matches. Unfortunately if those sponsors are from another country, its against the law for them to fly into Scotland (or to bypass it coming via England).

It will be interesting if UEFA do a press release suggesting that people should travel internationally - that would be "brave" at the moment...............

Its 50 people max (including any staff, minister, or whatever), must have done risk assessment, have minimum 2m gaps for distancing and no singing.

So you are right - totally unrestricted...................
    ... oh come on GD. Stop ruining his attempt to include a dig at the first minister in every post on this thread. What do facts matter?

Likelihood is that, number wise, they have already sold the majority of the tickets that will be allowed.

Whether they match up with the nationality of those allowed is a separate issue.
    Would be really unfair on those who travel away to Kazakhstan etc to miss out.

Would be really unfair on those who travel away to Kazakhstan etc to miss out.
    Aye, me lol

I think all the pre-sold tickets will be refunded and they’ll start again. A lot will depend on if away fans are allowed to travel. I suspect not, except us to Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Aye, me lol

I think all the pre-sold tickets will be refunded and they’ll start again. A lot will depend on if away fans are allowed to travel. I suspect not, except us to Wembley.
    I've got 11 points so hoping i can get tickets for the games. Wonder how they will use the points system for tickets.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    ... oh come on GD. Stop ruining his attempt to include a dig at the first minister in every post on this thread. What do facts matter?
    Its tedious - her husband is a Hibs fan, the notion that she "has it in for fitba" is frankly ridic.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Irish government not giving any reassurances about fans getting in
    Not sure how many games are scheduled for Dublin
    4 matches in Dublin looking like they need to be rescheduled - probably not all to London tho, as that would mean 2 matches there the same day.

I've got 11 points so hoping i can get tickets for the games. Wonder how they will use the points system for tickets.
    As long as there's no restrictions such as tickets going to those who live within a certain distance of the stadium, the SFA/SSC will use the usual points criteria. Only difference may be that lower points get for 1 game so more folk can get to at least one of the two home games. The rumour is circa 3k tickets for Wembley but it'll probably even less via the SSC for Hampden (based on the 12-15k crowd being talked about). Think I'm in the high 20's, so hopeful for all three games, if a crowd is in.