hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020 (nhc)

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For once in this whole mess it actually feels like a semi-thought out plan and we all need a bit of hope at the moment. The public need to see some goals and come carrots dangled to keep them engaged and onside as much as possible with ongoing restrictions for the next 4 months.

However, Covid is not just going to magically dissapear in June and mask wearing and social distancing could be with us for a lot longer. The worry is the tone of the reporting this morning, using emotive terms like Freedom, sends the wrong message.
    The memes went crazy last night (I know they are memes). People booking Wetherspoons tables for the 21st June.

J

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Completely agree with almost every word

The only thing I’d disagree on is the bit about idiots at house party. I know I’ll be in the minority, I’ve just come to the conclusion that everyone has their breaking point, that’s been a year these young folks have lost of their lives. Maintaining a strict lockdown isn’t sustainable anymore, young ones in particular need to be allowed to live again. I’m passed the stage of judging people who break the rules now.

The most vulnerable have been vaccinated, the country needs to open up again.
    Let’s get them their second dose first, but yes agree.

COVID will hopefully just be like seasonal flu, except we all get the jab.

Encouraged by the all adults vaccined by end of July.

Would love to see Wembley full.

If it’s 10k, I presume it’s 50/50 with the SSC and the England supporters club.

Seems the best way to allocate.

J

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    The memes went crazy last night (I know they are memes). People booking Wetherspoons tables for the 21st June.

J
    Good luck to them.

Better to have something to look forward to than just sitting about feeling miserable.

Obviously the ball could get kicked further down the park when we get there but short term I think people are right to embrace the relative good news that came out yesterday.

Testimonial Due
    Good luck to them.

Better to have something to look forward to than just sitting about feeling miserable.

Obviously the ball could get kicked further down the park when we get there but short term I think people are right to embrace the relative good news that came out yesterday.
    I agree to an extent, I am cautiously optimistic and booking for the pub just makes sense as if everything does open up be only way to get a table, but think people booking international holidays for the first date possible are setting themselves up for a fall

I wouldn't be surprised if the tournament is held entirely in the UK with no away fans and probably reduced capacities. And that might extend to England v Scotland!

Let’s get them their second dose first, but yes agree.

COVID will hopefully just be like seasonal flu, except we all get the jab.

Encouraged by the all adults vaccined by end of July.

Would love to see Wembley full.

If it’s 10k, I presume it’s 50/50 with the SSC and the England supporters club.

Seems the best way to allocate.

J
    I'd imagine if it's 10k at least 3k will be reserved for sponsors, officials etc.
    There are a number already sold through the Uefa ballot -will they be honoured or will refunds be handed out?
    I'd be surprised if the SSC get any more than 2k.

J
    That is what this has reduced people to, getting excited about going to a ****ing Weatherspoons.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Good luck to them.

Even Neil Ferguson is quoted today that if the vaccines continue to do what they are seeing now the dates could move to the left.

If he’s saying it then we have a chance of a full Wembley for the Scot game.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Even Neil Ferguson is quoted today that if the vaccines continue to do what they are seeing now the dates could move to the left.

Brilliant, that’s potentially really great news.

Who is Neil Ferguson though? 😂 😉

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Brilliant, that’s potentially really great news.

Who is Neil Ferguson though? 😂 😉
    Barry and Dereks brother

This being Neil Ferguson who some have renamed as Doctor Lockdown given his pessimistic style to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This being Neil Ferguson who some have renamed as Doctor Lockdown given his pessimistic style to date.
    Is this one an actual Doctor or just another fancy pants dental surgeon?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Don't see fans at the games in June at Hampden after today's news.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Don't see fans at the games in June at Hampden after today's news.
    Yet you will be able to attend church? Was this priority list based on 18th century society?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

I know some are being really pessimistic after todays announcement, but NS said that they would review again mid March (about the time lots more kids will have been back for 3/4 weeks).

I think the underlying data at that point will be a lot more positive, and if thats the case the "unlocking" both here and down south, might come a lot earlier than the current roadmaps suggest.

Both Boris and NS are being very careful not to over promise (regardless of what the English press say about lockdown ending 21st June) and would prefer to give us good news when its nailed on.

Ferguson is excellent and has been throughout.

Care home visits and opening up religious gatherings along with schools (which is top priority) seemed to be the ‘highlights’

Zero substance and a ‘plan’ that takes us to end of April.

It allows the FM not to be held to account and allows her total control on picking and choosing her favorite areas of focus. Nothing on football, concerts, travel (home or abroad), end date. It’s a strategic framework but she hasn’t made it clear what her strategy is - suppression , containment, elimination, herd immunity.

On football how can Hibs, Scotland or anyone else plan finances, season tickets etc? For all we know football might be the very very last things to have spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I know some are being really pessimistic after todays announcement, but NS said that they would review again mid March (about the time lots more kids will have been back for 3/4 weeks).

I think the underlying data at that point will be a lot more positive, and if thats the case the "unlocking" both here and down south, might come a lot earlier than the current roadmaps suggest.

Both Boris and NS are being very careful not to over promise (regardless of what the English press say about lockdown ending 21st June) and would prefer to give us good news when its nailed on.

Ferguson is excellent and has been throughout.
    It’s always jam tomorrow with NS. And when it come to mid March we will get yet another half arsed short sighted update. I feel for Ron, why would any of us pay £400 for a season ticket? Pure loyalty?

Yet you will be able to attend church? Was this priority list based on 18th century society?
    That and lots of promises of “we are looking at supporting businesses and we are looking at x y z”.

Anyone want two tickets to Czech Republic game
    😎🙄

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Stop MP’s wages?? Aye that would’ve made a deadly virus disappear right enough 😂😂

Very cautious words today sadly but I remain optimistic that if the vaccine programme goes as planned then we will have fans at the games

If almost every adult is vaccinated then death rates may in theory be very low, in which case there wouldn't be much justification for playing the games behind closed doors

Care home visits and opening up religious gatherings along with schools (which is top priority) seemed to be the ‘highlights’

It allows the FM not to be held to account and allows her total control on picking and choosing her favorite areas of focus. Nothing on football, concerts, travel (home or abroad), end date. It’s a strategic framework but she hasn’t made it clear what her strategy is - suppression , containment, elimination, herd immunity.

On football how can Hibs, Scotland or anyone else plan finances, season tickets etc? For all we know football might be the very very last things to have spectators.
    She has made Boris look competent and like a man with a plan

Thankfully the old duffer who is in charge of Wales will help deflect the focus...

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Alternatively, like a man whistling away while he paints the floor, oblivious to the fact that he started at the door......

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Alternatively, like a man whistling away while he paints the floor, oblivious to the fact that he started at the door......
    He is brining in Ian Black to help out though...(trying to bring this back to fitba)

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Stop MP’s wages?? Aye that would’ve made a deadly virus disappear right enough 😂😂
    I didn’t say the deadly virus would disappear. I said the priority for getting things back to normal would change.

Right now, many people are having to get by with no income and very little support from the government. People’s livelihoods are being destroyed and it’s killing people’s mental health.

We are a year down the line and continuing a slow and steady policy isn’t good enough. IMO we wouldn’t be as slow coming out of the lockdown if politicians were having to get by the same way much of the population are having to.

FWIW I deleted my post as I know this isn’t the place for politics, I probably shouldn’t have posted it. I’m a big supporter of the SNP and I’m desperate for independence. I am however absolutely scunnered by that statement from Sturgeon that’s basically told us if we get back in our box if we’re really lucky they’ll let us out in 2 months.

We can’t keep living like this.

He is brining in Ian Black to help out though...(trying to bring this back to fitba)
    We're ****ed then.

If it's relevant, UEFA have cancelled the Under-19 tournaments for men and women.

Thankfully the old duffer who is in charge of Wales will help deflect the focus...
    Agreed, BJ has screwed up the handling of this pandemic, but has blind-sided Sturgeon at each stage since the vax program started. She's now the definitive Dour Scot, on a power trip.

First Team Breakthrough
    I didn’t say the deadly virus would disappear. I said the priority for getting things back to normal would change.

Right now, many people are having to get by with no income and very little support from the government. People’s livelihoods are being destroyed and it’s killing people’s mental health.

We are a year down the line and continuing a slow and steady policy isn’t good enough. IMO we wouldn’t be as slow coming out of the lockdown if politicians were having to get by the same way much of the population are having to.

FWIW I deleted my post as I know this isn’t the place for politics, I probably shouldn’t have posted it. I’m a big supporter of the SNP and I’m desperate for independence. I am however absolutely scunnered by that statement from Sturgeon that’s basically told us if we get back in our box if we’re really lucky they’ll let us out in 2 months.

We can’t keep living like this.
    You watch her release all positive news in the run up to the elections to be a hero...She's no daft!!

She said the plan is to suppress the virus to minimal levels and then deal with outbreaks as and when they occur. She likened the management of it to that of measles.
    She also mentioned that from the end of April we'll return to the localised tier system. I suppose Hibs will get supporters back when Edinburgh reaches whatever tier allows spectators in stadiums.
    It was a loosely worded plan but I can understand her reluctance to commit to specific dates. I suppose it's being managed in small steps and as time progresses further updates will give more detailed information on the easing of restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    She said the plan is to suppress the virus to minimal levels and then deal with outbreaks as and when they occur. She likened the management of it to that of measles.
    She also mentioned that from the end of April we'll return to the localised tier system. I suppose Hibs will get supporters back when Edinburgh reaches whatever tier allows spectators in stadiums.
    It was a loosely worded plan but I can understand her reluctance to commit to specific dates. I suppose it's being managed in small steps and as time progresses further updates will give more detailed information on the easing of restrictions.
    Her 'reluctance' works for now, but once we're partly opened up, she'll have next to no control of the population if England are allowing mass gatherings from May and foreign travel from June. Scots will simply pop over the border for events and holidays leaving from English ports and airports.