hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020 (nhc)

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any chance of it being increased to more than 25% nearer the time if things are looking good in Scotland?
    I'll have a wee word in a few ears and see what I can do...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Possibily 2000 for SSC = 15pts.
    Just checked and I'm on 16 points, so here's hoping!

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/BarryAnderson_/s...514577409?s=20

Anyone with 11 points and above in the SSC will be guaranteed a ticket for Wembley. Luckily I have 11 points.
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 08-04-2021 at 11:19 PM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    UEFA have announced that there is a final opportunity for refunds.

After that, if necessary, there will be a ballot to reduce the attendance of each venue. Any tickets that are not successful in the ballot will be refunded.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The 4 nations who qualified via the play offs will receive their 16% allocation of tickets, to be sold via the UEFA portal in conjunction with their respective ticket distribution policies. So SSC will get tickets based on the points system. Just under 2000 for the Hampden games and 3500 for Wembley. As predicted, some pre-sales tickets may be cancelled and refunded depending on the latest cancellation window numbers.
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 09-04-2021 at 05:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

Not sure if this is the experience that many will want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post

Sounds brutal imo. Be better off meeting up with loads of pals watching if

As Norman Stanley Fletcher enquires of Mr. Mackay at the end of Mr. Mackay's induction patter: "Is the ball & chain worn inside or outside the trouser leg?"

To see Scotland in the finals of a championship for the first time in 23 years, in the midst of a global pandemic? I'd take that in a heartbeat. Is anyone on 11+ points complaining about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    To see Scotland in the finals of a championship for the first time in 23 years, in the midst of a global pandemic? I'd take that in a heartbeat. Is anyone on 11+ points complaining about it?
    I have 11 points. Not expecting to get any Hampden tickets but should be sorted for Wembley
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 09-04-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    I have 11 points. Not expecting to get any Hampden tickets but should sorted for Wembley
    Enjoy, chief!

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Enjoy, chief!

@hibs.net private member
    30 points - think I have a chance!

I assume UEFA announcement means that if they have already sold over 12k once refunds confirmed by 22nd April than it’s a ballot with the net amount and if it’s less than 12k then the gap filled by tartan army tickets? Is that right?

That sounds hellish to be honest.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

That will literally not happen.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    I assume UEFA announcement means that if they have already sold over 12k once refunds confirmed by 22nd April than it’s a ballot with the net amount and if it’s less than 12k then the gap filled by tartan army tickets? Is that right?
    You're right about the ballot. It's not clear what happens if there is an under-subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    That will literally not happen.
    Can you imagine if Nisbet scores a last minute winner at Wembley?

No chance fans will stay in their seats.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Can you imagine if Nisbet scores a last minute winner at Wembley?

No chance fans will stay in their seats.
    Exactly. Damage limitation at best.

Are you allowed to go to the toilet and is it one in one out ffs

@hibs.net private member

I was so excited for the Euros and delighted to get tickets to a few decent games for me and 3 mates.

But this sounds pretty brutal. Is the suggestion here that if I traveled with 3 other people we'd get to the ground and have to sit socially distanced from each other? Total nonsense if true.

Got tickets for Scotland vs Czech Republic, the last 16 at Hampden and the Semi final at Wembley. Hoping I'll get to at least one of those games and that maybe things will have eased up a bit by then.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I was so excited for the Euros and delighted to get tickets to a few decent games for me and 3 mates.

But this sounds pretty brutal. Is the suggestion here that if I traveled with 3 other people we'd get to the ground and have to sit socially distanced from each other? Total nonsense if true.

Got tickets for Scotland vs Czech Republic, the last 16 at Hampden and the Semi final at Wembley. Hoping I'll get to at least one of those games and that maybe things will have eased up a bit by then.
    It sounds like you won't be able to sit right next to anyone who you don't live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Are you allowed to go to the toilet and is it one in one out ffs

They give you a bottle of fabric conditioner to pee in

It’s not called comfort for nothing

I’ll get me coat

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    They give you a bottle of fabric conditioner to pee in

It’s not called comfort for nothing

I’ll get me coat
    Lol

Is anyone still planning on going down to London without tickets?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Below is an update from a couple of representatives of the Association of Tartan Army Clubs who met with various steak holders last week. Some good info for those planning on travelling to London.

**** For Release Around Clubs ****

Good morning. Hope everyone is keeping well and is slightly buoyed by yesterday’s news which is as close as we can get to a guarantee of having fans inside Hampden for the Euro matches there.

Graeme and I attended an online meeting on Wednesday that was hosted by the MET Police’s Lead Planner for the Euros. We were there to get a fan perspective of Scotland fans attending Wembley for the match on 18 June. We got invited through our association with Football Supporters Europe (FSE) and others on the call included the Security Lead and Euros Project Leader from the FA, two reps from Police Scotland, various tournament London fanzone managers, a few other MET Police and Football Intelligence staff and various reps for the Greater London Authority (GLA) which I think is effectively the body that runs public services etc in London on behalf of the Mayor. There were about 15 of us in total.

Note that I had invited the SFA to attend at the end of the previous week but they didn’t get back to me. On the call I suggested that they get invited “officially” when this group next reconvenes.

We discussed quite a lot of things which I will aim to cover below but the overriding message that Graeme and I took from this meeting is that they seem to have an expectation that Scotland fans will be present at our group match at Wembley. I also raised the point that we would also be expecting to be present at Wembley for the semi finals and final as well. You can imagine the reaction that received 😊. I did point out that ATAC will be pushing out a message saying not to travel unless you have a match ticket. Regardless of what messages we, the SFA or ScotGov push out there will always be fans who travel down. Additionally there are many Scots in and around London who will converge in conjunction with our game.

Here is what my notes say we covered. Graeme will possibly have some more to add or to correct me on. The group will be meeting again so we can continue dialogue as we go.

Fanzones
    Trafalgar Square will be the official London fanzone during the tournament. Access will be ticketed and it will open 3 hours before each match. The expectation is that this is somewhere for fans to watch matches on big screens – it is not being designed as a pre-match drinking venue. There will be an open ballot for tickets which will open a few days before each scheduled match. Tickets will be free.

They are working on two models. One, if social distancing etc is in place, will mean up to 700 people sat down at picnic bench style seating in groups of 4. The other model is for no social distancing and will cater for up to 10,000. It may be that access to the fanzone requires some proof of a negative test/vaccination/immunity but this hasn’t been decided yet.

The Football Village will be at Pettersfield which is right next door to the Mayor’s office on the South Bank between London Bridge and Tower Bridge. This is being designed as a family friendly zone. Having the official fanzone in Trafalgar Sq means that the police etc will not be wanting the usual pre-match rammy of Scotland fans around there. This is a message we will possibly need to push out. More fanzone info can be seen here https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do...-fan-zone-faqs

Transport
    Rail routes should be open but they will be strictly advanced purchase tickets only. They have asked West Coast Mainline to increase capacity. They have asked West Coast Mainline to increase capacity. Trains may be dry. They will be encouraging Scotland fans who arrive by train to stay over in London as time will be extremely tight to catch the last train up the road post-match. National Coach should be offering a full service.

There will be plenty space for coach parking and there will be a coach parking tool to use to book spaces for buses. A few of the bus parks are a bit away from Wembley so for these ones they are hoping to run a shuttle to get fans back and forward. There will be no car parking around Wembley and they suggested North of the stadium for parking and then getting the tube in to the stadium. They mentioned Ruislip and Stanmore as options to park and get the tube to Wembley. They are hopeful of getting government subsidy to keep local transport costs down if social distancing remains in place. With regard to car parking, fans may wish to try Hillingdon and Uxbridge along with Harrow on the Hill. All these place are on the Met line direct into Wembley and central London.

Capacity
    FA are aiming for 25% for the Wembley group matches. They are looking to have slightly more for the next set of matches. And they are hopeful of an increased capacity for the semis and final. They are expecting UEFA to allow them to announce these higher capacities closer to the start of the tournament and dependent on how things go. Understandable as we all know that everything can change at a moments notice with the virus.

For the various Wembley test events that are coming up they will be doing some lateral flow testing. For the first two small scale tests they are suggesting at least two tests before the event and one after. UEFA may look at proof of negative tests, proof of vaccination or some other proof of immunity but it has yet to be decided. Obviously the local government may look to introduce and enforce that too.

Alcohol
    Something that UEFA are keen for is for alcohol to be sold at the stadium due to their sponsors. The first two small test events will have alcohol sales and they will decide after that.

That was the main points I have noted. Obviously all of the above can change at short notice. This group will continue to meet and I am hopeful that there will be an SFA presence at future ones. No doubt the SFA will be having similar meetings for the Hampden matches with Police Scotland, Glasgow Council, ScotGov etc. I will be passing some of this info on to the SFA as a matter of courtesy in any case.

I’d be disappointed if this didn’t generate a million questions from you and your clubs. Please feel free to fire some our way but be conscious that there are still many unknowns.

Martin
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 12-04-2021 at 07:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrieHibs View Post
    Is anyone still planning on going down to London without tickets?
    Group of us are. Still not 100% nailed yet, obviously !

I've got tickets for both games at Hampden (for now anyway) and have a good chance of a ticket for Wembley assuming a ticket allocation in line with what's been reported, but finding it hard to get excited about being part of a sparse 12k crowd at Hampden or 25K at Wembley to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    I've got tickets for both games at Hampden (for now anyway) and have a good chance of a ticket for Wembley assuming a ticket allocation in line with what's been reported, but finding it hard to get excited about being part of a sparse 12k crowd at Hampden or 25K at Wembley to be honest.
    I’m guaranteed a ticket for Wembley but will miss out on Hampden due to not having enough points. I do wonder how they will sell the tickets to the SSC.