hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano Kirsty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it should be cancelled although I don’t think it will be. Knowing the powers in our game we’ll be playing 2 games a day to squeeze it in.
    I wouldn't be bothered if they just scrapped it this season. With the lower leagues showing no signs of resuming you can't expect teams who haven't played in weeks to take part. Any sort of abridged tournament (ie without the lower league teams) would need an asterisk against it to show that not all teams were involved.

Scrapping it would also ensure we don't run the risk of the meltdowns on here following our two semi-final exits so far this season

2. Log in to remove the advert

Lower leagues will struggle to finish the season and probably won't start back until mid March if they do. Cup will be be difficult to complete unless they play it into next season again.

Given our league position it’s probably better for us if it carries over into next season, given what a 3rd place finish means for the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower leagues return being merely looked at on mar1. Odds on Scottish cup being finished next season.

Reading between the lines I think only the top two leagues with conclude to a finish. Everything else will be scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Reading between the lines I think only the top two leagues with conclude to a finish. Everything else will be scrapped.
    Yup.

Looking at the Scottish Cup and the teams left - the remaining teams could be tested and play games.

I can’t see the lower leagues like Lowland league and women’s leagues going back anytime soon. They won’t risk it and the travel. Folk are kicking off on the Scottish FA Twitter but training is one thing - games has several risks like travel.

Going to be fun watching the fallout as teams throw toys out the pram about promotion and relegation - it was obvious this season was going to be a challenge and many teams are lucky so many games have actually taken place before they were made to stop.

Should play it in a day as a 5 a side round Robin with top 2 teams going into a knockout. 15 mins game with rolling subs.

Play it at World of Football. What could go wrong?

Could lower leagues continue longer into May? Or decide now to only play each other twice. Could also forget play offs and just have top team promoted / bottom team relegated?

There’s no way they can finish league one and two. Some have 19 games to go and a few 18. Also it will be 10/11 weeks with no games for these teams. The only solution I can see is to call the leagues after 18 games when they have all played each other home and away. Whether they will agree on it is another matter.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Abso-bleedin-lutely. Thoughts of 2016 for example, still lift my spirits to this day and probably will do for the rest of my life. Times that by 50,000 at least. It matters alright.

Of course it's going to be difficult but I'm glad they're going to try and push ahead with it. I'm sure that will be within the context of the situation and we'll have to wait and see how it pans out.
    So you'd gladly risk endangering masses to watch a game of football?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post

What masses? There’s no crowds at the game?

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Should play it in a day as a 5 a side round Robin with top 2 teams going into a knockout. 15 mins game with rolling subs.

Tennent 6s..mad to think that used to be a thing !!

Imagine it now - would be incredible.

@hibs.net private member

Spare us the sanctimonious crap - get enough of that off the idiot box every night to last me a life time.

To respond to your ill thought-out question - the thread has nothing to do with the return of crowds to football - it's about whether the Scottish Cup should be completed this season and yes, I'd like to see that happen.

Pensioners and others at a high risk of suffering badly from COVID could be told to steer well clear of the grounds and team buses to keep you and your ilk from bumping your gums too much about it.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Peterhead manager saying scrap the lower leagues now
    Would be a big problem for the Scottish cup then, delay until next season, or redraw with teams in the top 2 leagues

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56010053

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    In the whole scheme of things, does a football competition really mean that much?

Yes. Absolutely it does and we cannot, and should not, just give up everything without even a question.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

#prayforthecardboardcutouts

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    #prayforthecardboardcutouts

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post

Two words -
    Bubble football

I’m sure realistically the cup will carry on to next season. There is not enough time. I would have thought 18 games would be the solution for the bottom two leagues but if mcinally represents the majority view the scrapping it is the only outcome. Surely after what happened at the end of last season they are all discussing the ending of the season for them. Loads of lower league teams have at least 17/18 games to go with at best ten weeks to play them plus the backlog of cup fixtures before we even get to us coming into it. Calling the league and postponing the Scottish cup seems the only logical thing to do.