hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Guaranteed top 6 finish

Looking at the current league positions we are sitting on 49 points. Dundee United in 7th place have 31 points with 5 games until the split.

This means we can't be caught and are guaranteed a top 6 finish.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well spotted.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Good spot.

How far through this season we are has taken me a bit by surprise there.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    We can also still win the league.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Our third top half finish in four seasons, after not managing it at all from 2010-17.

@hibs.net private member
    I know it is stretching it but if we beat Livingston home and away I think we only need some thing like 4 other victories between now and the end of the season to guarantee 4th.

I know that is stretching it but that is allowing for Livvy winning all their matches apart from ours.

Europe within touching distance.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can also still win the league.
    If we win all our games and the the lost all their's then we win the league, as long as the team currenly 6 points above don't start to pick up points, however if the the have 3 draws in this time then we would need a 48 goal swing our way to be crowned champions.

Lets just be realistic and say third place has been a very good campaign if we can achieve that.

Good spot.
    We are playing all our remaining 5 pre split fixtures on a Saturday so lots of rest between games.
    St Mirren are playing Wednesday and Saturday for the next 3 weeks including games against Aberdeen and Livingston.
    Hope they have enough energy to damage them with at least a draw allowing us to build up a good pre-split lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Our third top half finish in four seasons, after not managing it at all from 2010-17.
    Think we'd have been too six last season too. Makes you realise how bad we were

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Bit harsh, Impossible to finish top6 in 3 of those 8 :)

I hope St Mirren get top6. If only for beating both OF recently and that legendary win v Jambos

Testimonial Due
    And we need just four points to guarantee we avoid automatic relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    And we need just four points to guarantee we avoid automatic relegation.
    Not sure if I've missed a whoosh moment or not but if we can't finish in the bottom six then we can't be relegated.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Not sure if I've missed a whoosh moment or not but if we can't finish in the bottom six then we can't be relegated.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I think the woosh is on me - I'd just worked out Ross County could get a maximum of 53 points - bloody split!

Guaranteed top 6 finish

5 point clear and with only ten games to go and we better finish in the top 3. Aberdeen are struggling big time and have three games left v Celtic compared to us only having to play them once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    5 point clear and with only ten games to go and we better finish in the top 3. Aberdeen are struggling big time and have three games left v Celtic compared to us only having to play them once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sure I read that Aberdeen have 11 games left and 7 off them are against celtic (3) the huns (2) us and Livingston.
    We just need to keep racking the points up and hopefully everyone stays fit and we go on a good run

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    If, and it’s a big if, we can get to the split with a 5 point lead in third it’s going to be very difficult for anyone to catch us. Massive games each week coming up.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    If, and it’s a big if, we can get to the split with a 5 point lead in third it’s going to be very difficult for anyone to catch us. Massive games each week coming up.
    Head to heads will be huge

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Looking at the fixtures for us, Aberdeen and Livingston I’ll be a bit disappointed if we are still only 5 points ahead of them come the split. They’ve got a much harder run in than us to the split.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    I'm sure I read that Aberdeen have 11 games left and 7 off them are against celtic (3) the huns (2) us and Livingston.
    We just need to keep racking the points up and hopefully everyone stays fit and we go on a good run

They do have 11 games left, 3 against Celtic, 1 against Rangers, 1 against us and 1 against Livingston.

They do have 11 games left, 3 against Celtic, 1 against Rangers, 1 against us and 1 against Livingston.
    Cheers

It's in our hands now. Got to make the most of the fixtures between now and the split. They are all winnable. Aberdeen have Celtic x 2 which is a huge obstacle to overcome.

@hibs.net private member
    That's very encouraging - they definitely have a tougher run in than ourselves. Our next 3 games are against 3 of the bottom 4. If we can pick up 7 or even 9 points from those we should be in an excellent position.

I’m surprised at how confident some are over a 5 point lead, especially when they have a game in hand.

As cliche’d as it sounds I’m going to take one game at a time. We expected to beat Ross County last time round and got pumped, can’t afford the same again.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I’m surprised at how confident some are over a 5 point lead, especially when they have a game in hand.

As cliche’d as it sounds I’m going to take one game at a time. We expected to beat Ross County last time round and got pumped, can’t afford the same again.
    Their game in hand is at celtc park. They also have to play celtc again before the split. I think we’ve got every right to be confident.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Our next few games are huge as potential to pick up some points in our current form. Would be good if we can go into split with more than the 5 point lead.

I'd say we are very likely to finish top 4 and probably fairly likely to finish 3rd.

Overall we'll have had a pretty decent season. Next year we will aim to get 3rd again and cement our place as Scotland's third best side now that Aberdeen look to be on the slide.

Aberdeen haven't scored a single goal in 4 of their last 5 league matches. Their game in hand is at Celtic Park and they also play Celtic again before the split (also at Celtic Park).

I'd flip it round and say I'm surprised people aren't confident we will finish 3rd.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quite funnny there’s some on here still claiming it’s not been a good season. Can see ya securing 3rd and even pushing for 2nd now.cant wait for Europe next season!