hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can’t quite get on board with the magnanimous comments that doff their caps to this. The Yams have basically decided to donate £20k+ to another team cos they “had their back” in their misconceived battle for the soul of Scottish football?

What a bunch of weirdos.
    They'll be having online cake sales with Partick Thistle next

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good effort. I don’t mind ICT but Gardiner is slippery and I’m surprised he got another CEO gig after his tenure at Tincastle.

Are we the only support that sees right through these tramps? They're the only club I know who could commit so much wrong and then twist it so that they become the victims (fast reaching Celtic proportions).

Does everyone forget how many people and small businesses they stiffed before Budgie stepped up with a blank cheque book. The list of people owed included Earl Haig for goodness sakes. They fall in the crap and come up smelling of roses. The media fawn over their Foundation thing but let's face it, if our club was staring extinction we'd come up with the goods too. What they did was no different to how other clubs fans have and would behave - they're not some kind of selfless heroes.

This latest nonsense and attempt to put themselves up there as some kind of footballing Mother Teresa, is just sickening. In the summer they tried to divide Scottish football just to save their own skins. They dragged Scottish football through the mud and here once again what are they doing? 'Rewarding' ICT for standing alongside them in the fight.

It just doesn't sit right with me at all. Raising money for another club ahead of a game just lacks sporting integrity in my mind. The games on BBC so there's no need for them to organise cake sales, Family fun days, have kids emptying their piggy banks and fans selling memorabilia to buy tickets.

ICT = HMFC reserves now. Hope we meet ICT soon and remind them of how they've taken the devils coin.

Thank God we have more class. There's no way we'd do something as cringeworthy
    Last edited by One Day In Time; 08-02-2021 at 12:20 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    During the lock down watching the games on TV the most fans I've seen have been at Hamilton's ground. It appears to me that they have more fans in the stadium now than in the days BC (before coronavirus)

My own opinion is that they bring nothing to the league and I hope they get relegated, the other team that I don't like is Livingston, a new creation whose fan's are made up largely of celtic and rangers fans without the bus fare imo

Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    During the lock down watching the games on TV the most fans I've seen have been at Hamilton's ground. It appears to me that they have more fans in the stadium now than in the days BC (before coronavirus)

My own opinion is that they bring nothing to the league and I hope they get relegated, the other team that I don't like is Livingston, a new creation whose fan's are made up largely of celtic and rangers fans without the bus fare imo
    Yeah don't have any time for Hamilton for obvious reasons. Could take them out and replace with Dundee. Livingston annoy me as they produce way in excess of their pay grade.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    They’ve sold 7k tickets for their PPV, is that they’re on about?

It’s hardly some big gesture form Hearts fans, they’re just paying to watch a game no?

ICT fans should be raging at the love in, totally minging.
    ICT will be wondering when the other 393000 will be stumping up.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day In Time View Post
    Are we the only support that sees right through these tramps? They're the only club I know who could commit so much wrong and then twist it so that they become the victims (fast reaching Celtic proportions).

Does everyone forget how many people and small businesses they stiffed before Budgie stepped up with a blank cheque book. The list of people owed included Earl Haig for goodness sakes. They fall in the crap and come up smelling of roses. The media fawn over their Foundation thing but let's face it, if our club was staring extinction we'd come up with the goods too. What they did was no different to how other clubs fans have and would behave - they're not some kind of selfless heroes.

This latest nonsense and attempt to put themselves up there as some kind of footballing Mother Teresa, is just sickening. In the summer they tried to divide Scottish football just to save their own skins. They dragged Scottish football through the mud and here once again what are they doing? 'Rewarding' ICT for standing alongside them in the fight.

It just doesn't sit right with me at all. Raising money for another club ahead of a game just lacks sporting integrity in my mind. The games on BBC so there's no need for them to organise cake sales, Family fun days, have kids emptying their piggy banks and fans selling memorabilia to buy tickets.

ICT = HMFC reserves now. Hope we meet ICT soon and remind them of how they've taken the devils coin.

We were quite happy to accept James Anderson’s money at the start of the season, a Jambos money to boot.

I don’t get all the seethe to be honest, couple of my Hearts supporting pals have bought one of these “tickets” and that’s up to them.

We were also quite happy to take donations from Hearts fans for the HoH campaign in 1990.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano Kirsty View Post
    We were quite happy to accept James Anderson’s money at the start of the season, a Jambos money to boot.

I don’t get all the seethe to be honest, couple of my Hearts supporting pals have bought one of these “tickets” and that’s up to them.

We were also quite happy to take donations from Hearts fans for the HoH campaign in 1990.
    Thanks for visiting, have you nothing better to do during the lockdown? Maybe your better focusing on teams more relevant to you like Alloa and Arbroath rather than the teams in the big league

Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    Thanks for visiting, have you nothing better to do during the lockdown? Maybe your better focusing on teams more relevant to you like Alloa and Arbroath rather than the teams in the big league
    Are you insinuating I’m a Hearts fan? 😂😂😂

Don’t know why we’re getting worked up about this. It’s a nice thing to do and is helping out a fellow club. Personally I don’t want to see any club go out of business, even hearts. Football without rivalries is nothing.

We were happy to take the money of course we were. We were damned if we didn't - no doubt the media would have been all over us with talk of how come we laid people off/held back wages etc but aren't prepared to take the £50k offered? Andersons not a Jambo either. He just happens to be a very wealthy man with money to burn, who's got in tow with Budgie. He's an entrepreneur who has a charitable side that's all - never ever a Jambo.

I've calmed down a wee bit and I know some helped us with HOH - I remember Robertson talking Mercers plan down. The vast majority though wanted us dead and buried. It is their money you're right but I hate this love in and if I was an ICT fan I'd be looking at these statements and Robertsons interview tonight when he refers to them as 'we', and wonder if the folks we have there wouldn't rather be somewhere else.

They're trying too hard to be the good guys here and covering up all the cheating they've done over the years. it's all look at us, aren't we special, when the reality is they're in the Championship because of one simple fact - they were crap.

@hibs.net private member
    Are you insinuating I’m a Hearts fan? 😂😂😂
    Quote Originally Posted by ShetlandHibby View Post
    Don’t know why we’re getting worked up about this. It’s a nice thing to do and is helping out a fellow club. Personally I don’t want to see any club go out of business, even hearts. Football without rivalries is nothing.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    I remember friends of mine who were and still are Jambos helping us with HOH. I was really impressed because really, it had nothing to do with them.

We have HSL which is some thing to do with all of us.

3 of those same guys who donated to HOH still live today. All 3 bought tickets for the ICT thing. It has nothing to do with us.

Let it rest folks, we were happy to take help from them and we should be just as happy to see them help others.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day In Time View Post

Absolutely spot on there. although I’d watch out as you might be being “too criticall” of them For some on here. The only thing worse than the media and others praising hearts yet again for this empty gesture to try and make up for years of screwing over local businesses, charities and numerous others is people on here who seem to almost jump
    To defend them. I remember some praising foundation of
    Hearts as if it’s some beacon to look up to, it’s not. It’s simply a way of them deluding themselves into thinking they are better than everyone else. Their holier than thou atttitude is vomit inducing and Inverness are an embarrassing tinpot club who I’ve no idea why seem to look up to them. We are far ahead of them in every department. Thank god we aren’t part of such a cringey thing as this. Embarrassing pathetic jambos, as usual
    They are ridiculed by all supporters apart from ICT

Fair play to the hearts fans who are choosing to support ITC with a bit of cash.
    Meanwhile we beat Aberdeen to go clear in 3rd place. 😀

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShetlandHibby View Post

You and many others are missing the point.

This is not about criticising Hearts fans - fair play to them here, if that’s what they want to do. It’s the fawning and obsequious praise from Scott Gardiner that is laughable... it’s almost as if Budge wrote that rambling rubbish for him and he put his name to it.

Imagine if, say, a few thousand Huns bought virtual tickets to a match at ER, and instead of just thanking them we published a gushing love letter to the ‘boys in blue’?

Embarrassed for them.

Quote Originally Posted by broondog View Post
    Absolutely spot on there. although I’d watch out as you might be being “too criticall” of them For some on here. The only thing worse than the media and others praising hearts yet again for this empty gesture to try and make up for years of screwing over local businesses, charities and numerous others is people on here who seem to almost jump
    To defend them. I remember some praising foundation of
    Hearts as if it’s some beacon to look up to, it’s not. It’s simply a way of them deluding themselves into thinking they are better than everyone else. Their holier than thou atttitude is vomit inducing and Inverness are an embarrassing tinpot club who I’ve no idea why seem to look up to them. We are far ahead of them in every department. Thank god we aren’t part of such a cringey thing as this. Embarrassing pathetic jambos, as usual
    They are ridiculed by all supporters apart from ICT
    Glad you see it the same way. Guys at work are walking about with chests puffed out like it's some big deal, and by Christ they don't half like letting folks know about it even if those folks aren't into football. They're not going to rest until it's on UK TV - they're probably writing to Sky/BT right now. It's nothing more than points scoring and deflection. Contrast that with us who just do our charity things quietly and with class.

We talk rightly about Hibs class and there's the difference right there.

**** the Hearts

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Does anyone know what this is actually about?

I’ve seen a few Jambos advise on Twitter that hibs fans are seething about this & it’s got me confused.

Why have we to be arsed about this? Is there a reason? We’ve to be seething at them *****ing their cash into another club?

Strange bunch. I dinnae even ken what it’s about never mind care about it. I guess I’m concerned too much about us finishing in a European place to care.
    Last edited by Stuart93; 09-02-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    **** the Hearts
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Does anyone know what this is actually about?

I’ve seen a few Jambos advise on Twitter that hibs fans are seething about this & it’s got me confused.

Why have we to be arsed about this? Is there a reason? We’ve to be seething at them *****ing their cash into another club?

Strange bunch. I dinnae even ken what it’s about never mind care about it. I guess I’m concerned too much about us finishing in a European place to care.
    Don't see any seething, 1 or 2 vomitting but no seething. How unlike Hearts fans to make stuff up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Don't see any seething, 1 or 2 vomitting but no seething. How unlike Hearts fans to make stuff up.
    The only seething that I've noticed is over on manypointsback and it's directed towards Brechin who they believe are only kept in the football league because of SFA corruption, they obviously have a soft spot for ICT, Partick and Stranrae, the three other clubs who never wanted to be where they were when the music stopped.

Why would we be seething?

Any yam who donates money to ICTFC without first reimbursing the local businesses and charity’s that they shafted can do one with all there do-gooder posturing.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Why would we be seething?
    🤷🏼

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Scott Wilson was getting ever so excited by it all on Twitter. particularly when they were "Now within 51 tickets of becoming the biggest crowd ever breaking the record held by Rangers. Let’s do this!"

Obviously the trigger for many 5-1 references and the bizarre claims of Hibs fans seething. Laughing at them perhaps and maybe a few nods of approval for the gesture, but mainly laughing at the typically Hearts manner of turning a simple gesture of goodwill to a fellow club into making it all about Hearts rather than Inverness.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Scott Wilson was getting ever so excited by it all on Twitter. particularly when they were "Now within 51 tickets of becoming the biggest crowd ever breaking the record held by Rangers. Let’s do this!"

Obviously the trigger for many 5-1 references and the bizarre claims of Hibs fans seething. Laughing at them perhaps and maybe a few nods of approval for the gesture, but mainly laughing at the typically Hearts manner of turning a simple gesture of goodwill to a fellow club into making it all about Hearts rather than Inverness.
    Making it all about Hibs which is just plain weird

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Making it all about Hibs which is just plain weird
    He's a tragic wee guy. His life is so empty that he constantly looks for adulation from hearts fans.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

When we're talking seethe we have to remember that the maroon balloon equivalent of seethe is when their club was on the brink of administration they once had a fan who kicked a russian hat to show that Romanov character who was boss.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Except its not the biggest anything. ,A decent gesture maybe with JR autograph as exchange. They'd never got 4 figures if it was a full price ticket. If its true someone donated their bus money as well ...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk