hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

The biggest away support - EVER!

Another feather in the cap for footballing giants Hearts. The biggest club in the Scottish Championship and the World Atmosphere Champions have now broken the travelling support record at the Caley Stadium. Is there no end to their triumphs?

Derek A Lawler
    8 m ·
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle statement
    👏👏👏👏👏👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻
    On behalf of Chairman Ross Morrison and the Board of Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC, our Manager, players and staff, I would like to thank everyone who has supported our virtual match “ticket” initiative in this incredible first 24 hours or so.
    We thank as ever, the supporters of ICTFC who have once again stepped up for their club and spent their hard earned money to back us when the current pressures of the outside world are so great.
    We also thank the fans of the other Scottish clubs, both in the Championship and the Premiership who have also made such generous contributions to a game where their own team isn’t even involved and also fans of the clubs in England who have done likewise. Such kindness is a reminder of the strength of football fans and indeed our game of football.
    All of that said, we cannot emphasise how simply blown away we have been by the almost instantaneous warmth and generosity of the supporters of Heart of Midlothian FC.
    As I write, we have now sold over 4,700 virtual “tickets” for our game on Friday, February 26th. The vast majority of which have been purchased by Jambos. To put this in some context for those who don’t know the Caledonian Stadium, that is the equivalent of selling out the 2,200 capacity South Stand which is the traditional away end that Hearts fans would have been occupying and also selling out the 2,200 North Stand, normally occupied by ICT supporters. This means that as things stand, Hearts fans have become the biggest away support (virtual or real) ever at the Caledonian Stadium.
    Our capacity is 7,822 and we have now managed to sell 60% of that in just over a day.
    When we had sold 1,000 tickets in less than 90 minutes yesterday, Robbo joked with me and I really mean joked, that our record attendance which is 7,753 against Rangers would be under threat. Little did we know that everyone, but especially the boys in maroon, would keep it going all day and overnight. Some Hearts supporters clubs have even pledged the price of the bus that would have brought them to Inverness later this month. Incredible generosity.
    I have spoken to Hearts Chairman Ann Budge this afternoon and she shares my gratitude and wonder at everyone’s efforts so far. I have also spoken to Stevie Kilgour of the Federation of Hearts Supporters and Hearts legend Gary Mackay who along with fellow players Jimmy Sandison, Scott Crabbe, and Hearts fan David Gardiner, accepted the original ICTFC donation to the 1874 Fighting Fund in 2013.
    It has been a remarkable feat of support and philanthropy from a set of fans who through the Foundation of Hearts, have led the way in Scotland on that front and it has been way beyond our hopes for this fundraising initiative. So for all of you who have joined in with this amazing effort thank you once again and for those who still may join us, it is clear now that you will be part of something quite remarkable.
    On a serious note, Manager John Robertson has now entered training camp in order to be able to sign thousands of tickets and Thank You letters in the coming days #prayforrobbo
    Thank You
    Scot Gardiner
    Chief Executive Officer
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club
    #TogetherNess

Their love for one another is absolutely vomit inducing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their love for one another is absolutely vomit inducing.
    ffs, imagine calling the away supporters "the boys in maroon". What was that song to Seven Nation Army they used to sing???

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Think two options are available - £5 or £10. The tenner gets you a souvenir match ticket and a personally signed letter from “Robbo”.

Is that the same scott gardener who forgot to order the seats when he was employed at the ‘tarts?
    GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016

I've no time for Scott Gardiner and his fawning over Hearts but on the face of it this is a significant gesture and sum of money.
    It has to be commended.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Why did you post this?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Why did you post this?
    I'm glad they did, because ever since I read about it I've needed an outlet just to put on record how nasueating it is.

I'd be happy not to think about it again, but I dare say we'll never hear the end of this.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    I feel all warm and fuzzy

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Have they jilted their wee pals at Partick now?

ICT, the latest creepy Hearts "special relationship" victims. Used and not yet abused, but then again why would they since the folk running the show seem to be overly connected to one of their rivals.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 07-02-2021 at 06:39 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I feel dirty saying this but that's a pretty decent effort by Hearts fans. We'd be rightly proud if we had done similar and with good reason.

The best pals act statement is a bit odd though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Another feather in the cap for footballing giants Hearts. The biggest club in the Scottish Championship and the World Atmosphere Champions have now broken the travelling support record at the Caley Stadium. Is there no end to their triumphs?

Derek A Lawler
    8 m ·
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle statement

On behalf of Chairman Ross Morrison and the Board of Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC, our Manager, players and staff, I would like to thank everyone who has supported our virtual match “ticket” initiative in this incredible first 24 hours or so.
    We thank as ever, the supporters of ICTFC who have once again stepped up for their club and spent their hard earned money to back us when the current pressures of the outside world are so great.
    We also thank the fans of the other Scottish clubs, both in the Championship and the Premiership who have also made such generous contributions to a game where their own team isn’t even involved and also fans of the clubs in England who have done likewise. Such kindness is a reminder of the strength of football fans and indeed our game of football.
    All of that said, we cannot emphasise how simply blown away we have been by the almost instantaneous warmth and generosity of the supporters of Heart of Midlothian FC.
    As I write, we have now sold over 4,700 virtual “tickets” for our game on Friday, February 26th. The vast majority of which have been purchased by Jambos. To put this in some context for those who don’t know the Caledonian Stadium, that is the equivalent of selling out the 2,200 capacity South Stand which is the traditional away end that Hearts fans would have been occupying and also selling out the 2,200 North Stand, normally occupied by ICT supporters. This means that as things stand, Hearts fans have become the biggest away support (virtual or real) ever at the Caledonian Stadium.
    Our capacity is 7,822 and we have now managed to sell 60% of that in just over a day.
    When we had sold 1,000 tickets in less than 90 minutes yesterday, Robbo joked with me and I really mean joked, that our record attendance which is 7,753 against Rangers would be under threat. Little did we know that everyone, but especially the boys in maroon, would keep it going all day and overnight. Some Hearts supporters clubs have even pledged the price of the bus that would have brought them to Inverness later this month. Incredible generosity.
    I have spoken to Hearts Chairman Ann Budge this afternoon and she shares my gratitude and wonder at everyone’s efforts so far. I have also spoken to Stevie Kilgour of the Federation of Hearts Supporters and Hearts legend Gary Mackay who along with fellow players Jimmy Sandison, Scott Crabbe, and Hearts fan David Gardiner, accepted the original ICTFC donation to the 1874 Fighting Fund in 2013.
    It has been a remarkable feat of support and philanthropy from a set of fans who through the Foundation of Hearts, have led the way in Scotland on that front and it has been way beyond our hopes for this fundraising initiative. So for all of you who have joined in with this amazing effort thank you once again and for those who still may join us, it is clear now that you will be part of something quite remarkable.
    On a serious note, Manager John Robertson has now entered training camp in order to be able to sign thousands of tickets and Thank You letters in the coming days #prayforrobbo
    Thank You
    Scot Gardiner
    Chief Executive Officer
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club
    #TogetherNess
    Tossers the lot of them

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Confused. Are we meant to be slating Hearts for this?

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Save it until after Inverness lie down for them as a gesture of gratitude. 😛

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    confused/ you should be. most fans on this site are having a bout of the dry boak, trying to deciper the mixed message from ict about how magmanimous these hertz fans are. its like juming into bed with the devil. my heart's in the highlands, my heart is not here

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    What’s the current exchange rate for the maroon pound against the pound Sterling?
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Left by mutual consent!
    **** the hearts.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    **** the hearts.
    Spot on another award heading its way down to the bus shelter , the biggest ever virtual away support in the championship.
    Should sit nicely with there other awards including the most restricted view seats in an unfinished £20m stand and the biggest ever crowd at an opera to ruin a £1m pitch .

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    **** the hearts.
    Hey thats my line-well almost but will let you off this time as it is for a good cause.
    **** the hertz and all who play and support them.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    That is actually quite cute. Watching wee diddy teams big each other up.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It’s hardly the same as an actual support though is it?

It’s nice watching the diddy teams help each other in times of crises.

Are the Hearts of Highlands going to reciprocate for the reverse fixture and it becomes a nauseating tradition?

Maybe they could chip in a buy Craig Levien and Gary mackay a virtual winners medal.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I can imagine them having a family orgy to celebrate this wonderful achievement.

United we stand here....

'Tickets' are £5. That explains the number they've sold.

The statement from ICT is just weird, I never used to mind them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I can imagine them having a family orgy to celebrate this wonderful achievement.
    You'd think they'd try something out of the ordinary to mark such an auspicious occasion.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    You'd think they'd try something out of the ordinary to mark such an auspicious occasion.
    They might keep their teeth in this time.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Maybe they could chip in a buy Craig Levien and Gary mackay a virtual winners medal.
    Brilliant.

Thread ender. Brilliant.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Brilliant absolutely bizarre.

Were Inverness not the team that got done over by Hearts bizarrely not getting the normal punishment for playing an unregistered player in the League cup a few years back? Think they were with Hearts beating them 5 zip to qualify in place of Inverness. Incredibly subservient attitude to Hearts and they need to develop some self respect and integrity. Very odd. Gardiner should be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post

Brilliant absolutely bizarre.

Were Inverness not the team that got done over by Hearts bizarrely not getting the normal punishment for playing an unregistered player in the League cup a few years back? Think they were with Hearts beating them 5 zip to qualify in place of Inverness. Incredibly subservient attitude to Hearts and they need to develop some self respect and integrity. Very odd. Gardiner should be sacked.
    I wonder if it could be a thank you from when they were conspiring together to null and void the leagues, to the detriment of the rest of Scottish football.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...d-22011151.amp

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...onian-22008009