hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Their eagerness here is driven by their continued sense of injustice.

Simple.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Every Jambo that has seen them win the league cup has now been vaccinated

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I’m stealing that for FB

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Chucking money at a club who also voted in its own interest is a weird one. It's a shame they weren't as keen to pay their charity or local businesses back.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Chucking money at a club who also voted in its own interest is a weird one. It's a shame they weren't as keen to pay their charity or local businesses back.
    That’s it

Caley weren’t bothered about them

Much like the jambos, they were out to benefit themselves

And can in REALLY be a record attendance if no one actually attends?!

@hibs.net private member
    Along with Partick and Stranraer, the virtuous 4 that were apparently thinking of the greater good of the game, nothing to do with self interest? Aye right!

Another Inverness game postponed which is yet more unnecessary tests done on their players so more money down the drain. Absolutely delighted about that. Hope they get relegated like Falkirk.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Queen of the South TV is probably in meltdown tonight with the 400,000 mounting another attempt to get into the bigliness section of the Guinness book of records.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Another feather in the cap for footballing giants Hearts. The biggest club in the Scottish Championship and the World Atmosphere Champions have now broken the travelling support record at the Caley Stadium. Is there no end to their triumphs?

Derek A Lawler
    8 m ·
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle statement
    ������������������������
    On behalf of Chairman Ross Morrison and the Board of Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC, our Manager, players and staff, I would like to thank everyone who has supported our virtual match “ticket” initiative in this incredible first 24 hours or so.
    We thank as ever, the supporters of ICTFC who have once again stepped up for their club and spent their hard earned money to back us when the current pressures of the outside world are so great.
    We also thank the fans of the other Scottish clubs, both in the Championship and the Premiership who have also made such generous contributions to a game where their own team isn’t even involved and also fans of the clubs in England who have done likewise. Such kindness is a reminder of the strength of football fans and indeed our game of football.
    All of that said, we cannot emphasise how simply blown away we have been by the almost instantaneous warmth and generosity of the supporters of Heart of Midlothian FC.
    As I write, we have now sold over 4,700 virtual “tickets” for our game on Friday, February 26th. The vast majority of which have been purchased by Jambos. To put this in some context for those who don’t know the Caledonian Stadium, that is the equivalent of selling out the 2,200 capacity South Stand which is the traditional away end that Hearts fans would have been occupying and also selling out the 2,200 North Stand, normally occupied by ICT supporters. This means that as things stand, Hearts fans have become the biggest away support (virtual or real) ever at the Caledonian Stadium.
    Our capacity is 7,822 and we have now managed to sell 60% of that in just over a day.
    When we had sold 1,000 tickets in less than 90 minutes yesterday, Robbo joked with me and I really mean joked, that our record attendance which is 7,753 against Rangers would be under threat. Little did we know that everyone, but especially the boys in maroon, would keep it going all day and overnight. Some Hearts supporters clubs have even pledged the price of the bus that would have brought them to Inverness later this month. Incredible generosity.
    I have spoken to Hearts Chairman Ann Budge this afternoon and she shares my gratitude and wonder at everyone’s efforts so far. I have also spoken to Stevie Kilgour of the Federation of Hearts Supporters and Hearts legend Gary Mackay who along with fellow players Jimmy Sandison, Scott Crabbe, and Hearts fan David Gardiner, accepted the original ICTFC donation to the 1874 Fighting Fund in 2013.
    It has been a remarkable feat of support and philanthropy from a set of fans who through the Foundation of Hearts, have led the way in Scotland on that front and it has been way beyond our hopes for this fundraising initiative. So for all of you who have joined in with this amazing effort thank you once again and for those who still may join us, it is clear now that you will be part of something quite remarkable.
    On a serious note, Manager John Robertson has now entered training camp in order to be able to sign thousands of tickets and Thank You letters in the coming days #prayforrobbo
    Thank You
    Scot Gardiner
    Chief Executive Officer
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club
    #TogetherNess

Just confirms What a joke of a club ICT are, pathetic home support that’s best suited to the Highland league....

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Pretty dismal from Hearts, Sold 7000 tickets for their ICT fan club. Nothing from their other 393,000 season ticket holders. Pathetic.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I’m stealing that for FB
    All over Facebook😀

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    That’s it

Caley weren’t bothered about them

Much like the jambos, they were out to benefit themselves

And can in REALLY be a record attendance if no one actually attends?!
    Hertz used to get sell out crowds every week? 🤷🤷

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Hertz used to get sell out crowds every week? 🤷🤷
    Lol, Aye

Buddy of mine is a Jambo, care in the community truly is a wonderful thing, and when attending games, remember that, they said even their supporters were laughing at the attendance numbers being given over the tannoy while they looked at big gaps in the stands, still better than watching what’s on the pitch I suppose

They only got the real numbers in cup games - where they have to split the gate receipts

Left by mutual consent!
    Haven't read through the thread but I dont understand this story. I get why fans would buy tickets to help their own club in these cash-strapped times (eg our HSL Hampden £100k campaign) but why would anyone other than Inverness fans buy tickets for this game? I note there seems to be some sort of warped 'solidarity' between them and the yams but 'other clubs from Scotland and England'? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Haven't read through the thread but I dont understand this story. I get why fans would buy tickets to help their own club in these cash-strapped times (eg our HSL Hampden £100k campaign) but why would anyone other than Inverness fans buy tickets for this game? I note there seems to be some sort of warped 'solidarity' between them and the yams but 'other clubs from Scotland and England'? Why?
    This is what I don’t get. I don’t think ICT are saying they are sailing close to the wind financially. I just don’t get it. Why would Hearts fans do this? Is it really to get a picture of fat Robbo with a printed signature to add to the old tynie stand toilet signs won in auction or that stuffed owl that went for thousands?

The ICT CEO is truly the prick’s prick. A sevco lover if ever there was one and tried to null and void the leagues with a proposal behind other clubs back and was caught out big time. Couldn’t wait to read out to Sportsound confidential text messages re the so called Dundee vote hours after it happened, much to the astonishment of other clubs.

He was the idiot who forgot to order the seats for Hertz nee £30m one tier stand. And soon left afterwards. He is desperate to get back to the Huns of the diet version.

But again, why do Hearts fans want to raise money for ICT? Are they still seething over the relegation and court cases 9 months ago? Surely not.

Give them credit they would win the “fastest at raising cash for any cause award” which masks the fact that they look ever worse to watch than last season and have made no proper preparation for the top league in 6 months. They have a terrible bitter scrote of a manager who plays shocking football and a squad that is slow and frankly bang average. Surely they should be holding budge to account rather than raising cash fir another competing club.

What a truly weird bunch.

Off topic slightly but I wonder what Hearts game plan is. They don't seem to have one. Last time they won the championship at a canter with a lot of young players they had no choice but to blood the season prior. They added a few good players and looked a very decent side, a good mix. There seemed to be a good road map there and they had a decent first season back up. This time they look disjointed, signed a load of ageing has beens on big money that will need replaced and a scattering of unknown foreigners that look sub standard. I genuinely don't think Hearts have any plan other than to spend their way out of the league then hope for the best. I've watched them a few times and they look very, very poor. If anything they look worse than last season. Craig Gordon has papered over some very large cracks, in fairness an excellent signing.
    Last edited by Since452; 13-02-2021 at 12:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Had this brought to my attention by a Jambo friend. He said "Either we've lost the plot or we've got some bare-faced liars on our forum".

[COLOR=rgb(var(--theme-text_color))]4 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:[/COLOR]
    Jesus, I'm in bits here.

My 13 year old daughter has just given me £10 of her weekly pocket money back and made me, and I mean MADE me, buy her a ticket. She was waiting till she got her weekly money from me so that she could make the sacrifice from her own pocket. Her words? That'll ram it right up the GFA.

Pride doesn't quite cover what I'm feeling right now.
    Hope you don’t mind showed this to my son &two son in laws
    and your daughter has inspired them to get tickets for my four grandsons more than I could do
    so well done you and your good lady have brought her up well 👍

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    Had this brought to my attention by a Jambo friend. He said "Either we've lost the plot or we've got some bare-faced liars on our forum".

Jesus, I'm in bits here.

My 13 year old daughter has just given me £10 of her weekly pocket money back and made me, and I mean MADE me, buy her a ticket. She was waiting till she got her weekly money from me so that she could make the sacrifice from her own pocket. Her words? That'll ram it right up the GFA.

and your daughter has inspired them to get tickets for my four grandsons more than I could do
    Balconies in Bulgaria collapsing under the weight of tears of pride!

Fuds.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Jesus, I'm in bits here.

Surely that can’t be genuine

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Jesus, I'm in bits here.

so well done you and your good lady have brought her up well
    In next weeks exciting episode of the Gorgie Waltons Pa tells Mary Ellen that it's probably more important not to steal other people's money and not give them it back, and if you do have spare money honour your debts first.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Jesus, I'm in bits here.

Sorry but thats it. I'm away to the plaza to solo clap.

Jesus, I'm in bits here.

Lol

Did her imaginary friend chip in too

Serious BS and delusion happening in the west of our fine city

The air density down there in the championship must be affecting their already limited mental capacities

Jesus, I'm in bits here.

Come on own up. That's one of us isn't it? Can't be real.

Make the sacrifice? Really?
    Her words - that will ram it right up the GFA? Charming you must be so proud.

They're like the person who has been caught doing wrong and is now trying too hard to correct that wrong. The only thing driving this is guilt. Deep down they know they did wrong. This is their Hail Mary equivalent.

God it's nauseating but so transparent

@hibs.net private member
    Ah well I suppose they can't claim to be a really really big club when they in the lower league playing the likes of Arbroath and Alloa, so how do they keep the big club thing going while also showing that they are the good guys, a club wronged, the Gorgie catharsis got us here, and it ends up with the little children are handing back their pocket money to be part of it lol.