hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Porteous needed dropped anyway. He was becoming a liability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He’s made mistakes but I think liability is a bit of an exaggeration.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    I think if a defender starts to cause loss if goals or even close to losing goals then liability is a description that would come to mind. I wouldnt say he was at fault for the goal at St Mirren but he did have a chance to recover the situation. In the most recent three games we havent conceded one goal with Daz on the pitch. Sadly Porto has been making costly mistakes for a while. I hope this period focuses him on how to concentrate on not making daft rash decisions.

Just because we win doesn’t mean we won’t make changes. We realised that mistake come the Livi and Ross county games at Xmas where we had run the players into the ground. Team needs freshened up most weeks, tweaks of the system/players to suit who we are playing against. I’d expect at least one back in next week.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Just because we win doesn’t mean we won’t make changes. We realised that mistake come the Livi and Ross county games at Xmas where we had run the players into the ground. Team needs freshened up most weeks, tweaks of the system/players to suit who we are playing against. I’d expect at least one back in next week.
    Ross seldom changes a team if they are winning and all fit ....

It will be interesting as I’m sure the club will want them in the team and doing well so their value doesn’t drop and they earn us decent money.

But if the teams winning then our hands are tied.

Theyll need to up their game from the levels they were at before dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Ross seldom changes a team if they are winning and all fit ....
    I’m sure he’ll have realised his mistake from Xmas time though when it was clear it needed rotated and the players hit a brick wall. Lots of players on the sidelines to make tweaks here and there to keep it fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    I hate that expression

Quote Originally Posted by 60yearahibby View Post
    Think Nisbet should have a look at English championship table. Birmingham beaten again yesterday. Two points above second bottom but they have a game in hand. Lucky escape for him. Play well at Hibs, possibly in Scotland squad for the Euros and then big money move in 2023.
    That makes sense and I'm sure that was the plan agreed to by all parties. Sign a 4 year contract and after two years all going well we won't stand in the way of a big money move.....

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    It will be interesting as I’m sure the club will want them in the team and doing well so their value doesn’t drop and they earn us decent money.

But if the teams winning then our hands are tied.

Theyll need to up their game from the levels they were at before dropped.
    Exactley KN has been poor for a while now so its good to see compition he will.need to up a gear.
    Rp i feel a bit more simpathy for but these pitches demand a more direct approach ..he will get plenty games going forward ..but if Dmc feels ok it will be interesting

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Exactley KN has been poor for a while now so its good to see compition he will.need to up a gear.
    Rp i feel a bit more simpathy for but these pitches demand a more direct approach ..he will get plenty games going forward ..but if Dmc feels ok it will be interesting

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Do you consider his last minute goal against Celtic a while ago?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    I’m a big Nisbet and Porteous fan and delighted that Hibs have kept a hold of them.
    Obviously Jack has kept them both out of the starting 11.
    You reckon it’s because we are winning so don’t change or is Nisbets head still spinning? It’s interesting to see how the man management of him and Porto goes. I’m hoping they come back hungry and with a point to prove.
    I think it's just down to not changing a winning formation. Doidge and McGregor have both stepped up to the mark in our last couple of games - both looking good in that 3-4-3 formation. If the team had under-performed against St. Mirren we may have seen a change of line-up against Aberdeen - they didn't and I think Ross was proven correct to stick with the winning line up. I'm sure we'll see both Porteous and Nisbet back starting before long though - they are quality players and will push their way through.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    It was allegedly £2.4 million. Probably no chance add ons taking it to £3m e.g. if promoted.
    If it had been £3 million straight. Hibs would have taken their hand off.

The £2.4 million was probably full of conditions as well
    £2.4 million was in installments.