hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Cherry on top. (Dons match report)

As if today couldn’t get any better, check out the bitterness in this match report. Enjoy..

https://www.afc.co.uk/report/report-...-2-aberdeen-0/

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Biased doesn’t begin to describe this report. Poor bitter sheep.

Makes today even better.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaa

Blog Entries
    It’s pathetic to try to paper over a 2-0 defeat. McInnes’s jacket is on the proverbial.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Not even one paragraph in and they're making excuses and blaming the ref

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

The tide is turning.

Just when I thought today couldn’t get any better I read this

“possibly the worst decision of the season”

“It clearly hit Hanlon’s right hand”

I’m in stitches 😂

They fancy they’re barrie. They used to be, but now they’re gash and they cannae accept it. McInnes’s summary on the wireless was almost as bad.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Can’t believe thats an official report. Classless outfit and will be delighted to see them free fall down the table

I don't know where they are getting this offiside tosh from, Boyle was clearly onside in both of the incidents they mentioned. They have a point about the penalty, I thought it was soft too, but Murphy didn't throw himself as they said, it was a daft challenge from the Aberdeen player who stupidly left his foot in. They called the Gogic booking right as well to be fair, it was a bloody joke, not even a foul never mind a booking. As for bemoaning their luck when the ball hit the bar, their forward put in a piss poor header that was made far better by hitting off Hanlon ( not McGregor as they said ) that was their luck right there, if it had gone in the luck would all have been bad for Hibs.

The whole tone of the report was a bit 'boo hoo poor us' though ... at least they resisted the temptation to say anything about time wasting, coz lets face it if they had got the first goal we would have spent the next 70 odd minutes watching 15 minutes of actual football, as has happened time after time with Aberdeen teams at ER over the last few years.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Just waiting for someone to tell me this is spoof report. The North Koreans couldn't do better.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Aldoo x
    What a great read. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As if today couldn’t get any better, check out the bitterness in this match report. Enjoy..

https://www.afc.co.uk/report/report-...-2-aberdeen-0/
    Poor report Derek🤒⚽️

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Honestly thought Aberdeen were better than that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    Can’t believe thats an official report. Classless outfit and will be delighted to see them free fall down the table
    Just what I was thinking. The official site coming out with a match report like that. Embarrassing! Greetin' about a penalty decision from a match in December. 😂

Plus, the webpage keeps crashing. Very amateur all round.
    Last edited by 007; 06-02-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Just waiting for someone to tell me this is spoof report. The North Koreans couldn't do better.
    The North Koreans went home and told their people they won the World Cup in 66 lol!

Somewhere in Pyongyang the North Korean news lady is weeping tears of joy while applauding profusely on a balcony in admiration of such propoganda work.

After living 3 years in Aberdeen I can testify to the fact that the sheep run Hearts extremely close, and in some cases out do them, in the outright delusional and delusions of grandeur Olympics.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    It’s like hunTv but in a different colour

Wow. Anything to deflect from being completely outplayed and on a poor run of form. Did McInnes write that report himself?!

Left by mutual consent!
    These Aberdeen tears are delicious

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    That is absolutely magnificent.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    It also looked to me as thought the ball was nowhere near Hanlon's hand anyway. Ridiculous.

Indeed. Red Army propaganda.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    If Hibs TV had to apologise for what Irvine Welsh said, Aberdeen should get hammered for that.

It also looked to me as thought the ball was nowhere near Hanlon's hand anyway. Ridiculous.
    His arm was at his side anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I don't know where they are getting this offiside tosh from, Boyle was clearly onside in both of the incidents they mentioned. They have a point about the penalty, I thought it was soft too, but Murphy didn't throw himself as they said, it was a daft challenge from the Aberdeen player who stupidly left his foot in. They called the Gogic booking right as well to be fair, it was a bloody joke, not even a foul never mind a booking. As for bemoaning their luck when the ball hit the bar, their forward put in a piss poor header that was made far better by hitting off Hanlon ( not McGregor as they said ) that was their luck right there, if it had gone in the luck would all have been bad for Hibs.

The whole tone of the report was a bit 'boo hoo poor us' though ... at least they resisted the temptation to say anything about time wasting, coz lets face it if they had got the first goal we would have spent the next 70 odd minutes watching 15 minutes of actual football, as has happened time after time with Aberdeen teams at ER over the last few years.
    I thought it was a bit more than leaving a foot in.......... I’ve only seen it once but I think the Aberdeen player made a late stamp on Murphy’s foot. Either way it was a stonewaller in my book.

Can someone copy and paste it? I keep getting an error.

Even sweeter that Boyler is an Aberdeen fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Can someone copy and paste it? I keep getting an error.
    An Aberdeen side clearly low on confidence slipped to defeat at Easter Road on another afternoon where, for all that they clearly came up short, nor were they helped by the officials or by Lady Luck, who appears to have taken 2021 off.

Derek McInnes made two changes to his side after the defeat at home to Livingston on Tuesday night. There was a welcome return from injury for Dylan McGeouch, Matty Kennedy also coming back into the side having come on as a sub early on Tuesday. Ryan Hedges was sidelined by his long-term chest injury and Connor McLennan started from the bench. Ethan Ross joined the substitutes. Hibernian, meanwhile, were unchanged from the side that beat ten man St. Mirren 2-1 on Tuesday night.

There was drama after just four minutes as Greg Leigh, heading towards his own goal, caught his foot in the turf. As he stumbled on the decidedly ropey looking surface, he tried to stab the ball back to Joe Lewis but left it short, leaving Cadden clean through. The captain stood up tall and made a terrific save, clawing the ball to safety. After treatment, a visibly distressed Leigh had to make way, McLennan coming on to replace him.

The Dons reorganised quickly and began to pen the hosts in. Following good play, Lewis Ferguson picked out Ross McCrorie on the edge of the box in the 11th minute. He hit his shot crisply, Marciano, beating it away, Fraser Hornby following up but having his effort cleared.
    McGregor had to be sharp to deny Hornby two minutes later, McGeouch playing a lovely ball over the top that seemed to have Hornby in, McGregor coming across with a brilliant last ditch clearance. Next, an air shot from McLennan saw a 19th minute chance go begging after good work from Kennedy and Ferguson.

Boyle had the benefit of the assistant referee sleeping in to get him behind the defence on 24 minutes, but from a tight angle, he forced Lewis into saving with a part of the anatomy that you don’t want to be saving the ball with, especially not on a bitterly cold afternoon.
    The officials took centre stage again two minutes later with an awful decision from the referee to give the home side a penalty, possibly the worst decision of the season. Murphy poked the ball out of play then simply ran into Ferguson. With Hibs’ players jogging back into their own half for the goal kick, referee Collum unbelievably pointed to the spot. Boyle tucked the penalty into the corner with the diving Lewis inches from saving.

On 37 minutes, McCrorie was on the run only for Gogic to step across and body check him to the ground. No free-kick was given. Two minutes later, Murphy threaded Boyle through in the box, looking offside again. No flag, but Lewis again stood up to make a brilliant save from point blank range and keep the Dons in the game.

A minute before the break, Tommie Hoban went down and needed treatment after taking a whack in the face from Doidge. Fortunately, he was able to carry on.

HALF-TIME: HIBERNIAN 1 ABERDEEN 0

Lewis was down at the feet of Doidge to mop up in the opening minute of the second half, a reasonably comfortable save after a heavy touch from the striker.

There were claims for a Dons penalty in the 50th minute, Ferguson flicking the ball forward, Hornby trying to take the ball inside. It clearly hit Hanlon’s right hand, with the same level of intent as the penalty Hoban conceded at St Mirren back in December. No penalty kick this time, the right decision.

Gogic went into the book in the 54th minute, catching McLennan as the two challenged for the ball, though there looked nothing much in it. Four minutes later, Callum Hendry and Niall McGinn joined the action, McLennan and McGeouch replaced. Irvine required treatment in the 65th minute after falling awkwardly in a challenge with Ferguson and he was replaced by Magennis, Doig simultaneously replaced by Stevenson.

Boyle was played in behind once again by a Stevenson pass in the 68th minute and this time, Lewis couldn’t save his side, Boyle sliding the ball underneath him and in.

Shay Logan replaced Ash Taylor in the 76th minute, Hallberg on for Hibs at the same time, Murphy making way.

The way things are going for the Dons was summed up in the 80th minute, Aberdeen denied by the woodwork for the third time in three games. Hornby got on the end of a Kennedy cross, his header clipping McGregor, looping over Marciano but smacking against the bar and bouncing to safety. Nisbet then replaced Doidge in Hibs’ final change after 85 minutes, Hibs managing the last few minutes of the game professionally as they sealed the three points.

There was a late flurry from the Dons, McGinn having a shot charged down, Hendry then taking a whack in the final seconds as he tried to get on the end of a corner, adding injury to insult.