hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might be wrong but I always thought players wage remained the same when on loan. The only thing that changed was who is playing the wage/ what % of the wage.

The could of course get a signing on type of fee to go there.

I did see that the reports was Mallan was due for a big money move to Turkey which confused me at the time so of course I could be wrong.

Maybe it’s the fee + what he could earn if they signed him permanently.
    His contract will be the same so his wage won't change. Expenses paid can though - same with any job.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wonder if Stevie is carrying a wee injury
    Started the 1st game and scored, then min minutes in the next 2 games

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    His contract will be the same so his wage won't change. Expenses paid can though - same with any job.
    Not necessarily true. Of course his Turkish club can pay what Hibs are normally paying him to cover his wage for us (plus any potential fee for letting him go) but Mallan could also get a bump in his salary for the duration. It is possible for example for him to get say £3k a week at us but get an extra £1k or £2k on top from the Turkish club as part of an attempt to entice him to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Not necessarily true. Of course his Turkish club can pay what Hibs are normally paying him to cover his wage for us (plus any potential fee for letting him go) but Mallan could also get a bump in his salary for the duration. It is possible for example for him to get say £3k a week at us but get an extra £1k or £2k on top from the Turkish club as part of an attempt to entice him to go.
    This is the one. Can tell the FM addicts when you see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    This is the one. Can tell the FM addicts when you see them.
    That doesn't actually happen on FM, though

Cant say I've ever heard of it happening in real life. Loans are pretty much always just the players current wage and the clubs decide who is paying it. Never really heard anything different. Expenses is a good shout, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    That doesn't actually happen on FM, though

Cant say I've ever heard of it happening in real life. Loans are pretty much always just the players current wage and the clubs decide who is paying it. Never really heard anything different. Expenses is a good shout, though.
    Aye I know it doesn't, that's my point.

Hope they're not doing so for their sake, though I'm glad we're not paying his wages anymore.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wonder if Stevie is carrying a wee injury
    Started the 1st game and scored, then min minutes in the next 2 games
    “Min minutes” is that Doric ? ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

This is more accurate than this saying he gets paid same wage,
    Loans can also have financial benefits just structured in addition to hibs paying his monthly salary (which the loan club covers % and any loan fee on top)

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Pretty sure Kamberi would have been on more money for his period atIbrox than he got at Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Pretty sure Kamberi would have been on more money for his period atIbrox than he got at Hibs
    I would have seen him as a Hibs asset that was rented out to Rangers.
    That would see the player continue to be paid his contracted rate by his parent club whilst Rangers would pay the agreed rental fee direct to Hibs.

Player power in relation to loans: the clubs can agree the loan and the player can refuse to go.
    The only aspect of a loan that a player would negotiate would be the supply of suitable accomodation at the loan club and travel expenses in cases like Mallan where he is playing outside Scotland.
    The big negotiation would be if there was an option to buy. In that case the player and agent would, in effect, be negotiating a new contract that would come into being if the option to buy was exercised at the conclusion of the loan period.

Unless that is, someone can enlighten me otherwise.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 16-02-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I would have seen him as a Hibs asset that was rented out to Rangers.
    That would see the player continue to be paid his contracted rate by his parent club whilst Rangers would pay the agreed rental fee direct to Hibs.

Unless, someone can enlighten me otherwise.
    You're correct

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Maybe he was, I don’t know, but I don’t see any reason why they’d pay him more? Why would they, when they didn’t have to?

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Maybe he was, I don’t know, but I don’t see any reason why they’d pay him more? Why would they, when they didn’t have to?
    They don't have to much like Kamberi didn't have to go to Rangers. If Flo didn't want to go in this scenario there is nothing stopping Rangers offering a bit more money to him for the duration of the loan in order to persuade him. It happens. I don't know if Flo did or if Mallan is getting more but its a very simplistic thing to say "He gets paid X at Hibs therefore he gets X still".

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    They don't have to much like Kamberi didn't have to go to Rangers. If Flo didn't want to go in this scenario there is nothing stopping Rangers offering a bit more money to him for the duration of the loan in order to persuade him. It happens. I don't know if Flo did or if Mallan is getting more but its a very simplistic thing to say "He gets paid X at Hibs therefore he gets X still".
    Not sure that this is possible. All players' contracts are lodged with the SFA. If Rangers were paying FK separately, they'd have to disclose that. And I don't think a player can have a contract with more than one team.

For those who are about to jump on me, I know that Rangers have previous with not disclosing contracts 😁

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Not sure that this is possible. All players' contracts are lodged with the SFA. If Rangers were paying FK separately, they'd have to disclose that. And I don't think a player can have a contract with more than one team.

For those who are about to jump on me, I know that Rangers have previous with not disclosing contracts ��
    I'm sure I'm going to butcher some technical terms here and maybe over simplify it but when go on loan you have do actually have a separate contract with the loan club, albeit a shorter one. The loan club is just obtaining your registration rights from the parent club for a period of time. The contract you sign is separate from your parent club and while it can be similar or even an exact match, it's not a rule that it has to be a 1 to 1 identical contract.

If you look at a much grander example Kylian Mbappe went on loan to PSG for a season before signing a 4 year deal. But what he negotiated, and signed, was a 5 year contract that included a new salary for the duration of the year he was on loan that would continue (or maybe even alter to his benefit) if it was made permanent, which it was. Mbappe did not leave Monaco on loan for PSG earning the same money he was on at Monaco. He received a substantial increase in his salary.

A bit of an over the top example when discussing Flo and Stevie Mallan but one I think shows the possibilities for how these deals can be structured.
    Last edited by Centre Hawf; 16-02-2021 at 06:05 PM.

I'm sure I'm going to butcher some technical terms here and maybe over simplify it but when go on loan you have do actually have a separate contract with the loan club, albeit a shorter one. The loan club is just obtaining your registration rights from the parent club for a period of time. The contract you sign is separate from your parent club and while it can be similar or even an exact match, it's not a rule that it has to be a 1 to 1 identical contract.

If you look at a much grander example Kylian Mbappe went on loan to PSG for a season before signing a 4 year deal. But what he negotiated, and signed, was a 5 year contract that included a new salary for the duration of the year he was on loan that would continue (or maybe even alter to his benefit) if it was made permanent, which it was. Mbappe did not leave Monaco on loan for PSG earning the same money he was on at Monaco. He received a substantial increase in his salary.

A bit of an over the top example when discussing Flo and Stevie Mallan but one I think shows the possibilities for how these deals can be structured.
    Fair do's 😁 I didn't know that.

And well played in equating Mallan with Mbappe😂

Blog Entries
    Fair do's 😁 I didn't know that.

And well played in equating Mallan with Mbappe😂
    There's probably a thread on PSG Net criticising Mbappe for being sh*t at tackling!

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    There's probably a thread on PSG Net criticising Mbappe for being sh*t at tackling!
    I'm just watching the PSG game. Mbappe is such a lazy get 😂

I'm just watching the PSG game. Mbappe is such a lazy get 😂
    PSG! Your such a glory hunter

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    PSG! Your such a glory hunter
    Shhh. Mallan has just scored his second 😋

Edit... hat trick.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 16-02-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Would there not be a change in bonuses. I'd think in Kamberi's case he'd have got a far higher goal/win bonus at Rangers. It' s not like he'd have been eligible for a Hibs win bonus.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I'm just watching the PSG game. Mbappe is such a lazy get
    For those who remember Yoann Riou, the guy who did the mental French commentary on our SC win, I've just watched a bit of him commentating from last night and it's hilarious. When PSG score their first, he goes off on "I'm a fat bassa, I eat a load of rubbish, but PSG you make me feel light..."

I'll post a clip when it becomes available.

Should I rename this thread to 'How much does Kamberi get paid'?

Yeni Malayaspor manager gone "by mutual agreement". They were 2-0 up yesterday, ended up losing 3-2.

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Yeni Malayaspor manager gone "by mutual agreement". They were 2-0 up yesterday, ended up losing 3-2.
    2-0 up until Stevie came on, lost a goal a minute later and went on to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Team winning 2-0 until the 72 minute when they brought Mallan on.
    12 minutes later they have lost 3 goals!!!
    Taxi for Mallan and the manager.
    What that doesn't tell you is the other team had 70% possession and though it took a while the roof eventually fell in
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 21-02-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post

So Stevie Mallan coming on made them lose 3-2?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    His defensive duties were never very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Did anybody say that?

Mallan subbed off on the 46th minute after starting today.

FWIW their fans don't seem happy about that decision, going by what Google translate suggests anyway.
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 26-02-2021 at 01:23 PM.